Characters: Naruto - Hidden Cloud Village
Here be spoilers. Any thing that has not been aired on the free versionnote of Crunchyroll should be spoiler-tagged.Back to the main character index
Tropes Associated With Hidden Cloud Village
open/close all folders
" name: A. The leader of the Cloud Village and Killer Bee's older brother.
When he hears of Killer Bee's apparent demise at the hand of Akatsuki and Sasuke Uchiha, he calls a meeting of the Kages and sends Team Samui to the Leaf Village to inform them and request intel on Sasuke. While on the way to the meeting, Naruto talks to him and pleads for him to give mercy to Sasuke, but the Raikage ignores him. During the meeting he emphasizes that his village is the only one which has had no attachment to Akatsuki, but also causes a ruckus when he smashes part of the table and objects to Mifune nominating Danzo to lead the forces against Akatsuki. When Zetsu's white half interrupts with news that Sasuke is in the building, he promptly grabs him by the neck and strangles him until he loses consciousness. He then heads out with his bodyguards to confront Sasuke, and proceeds to knock Jugo unconscious and attack Sasuke even when it costs him his arm to do so, and would have killed them both if Gaara hadn't intervened.
Is currently serving as Supreme Commander of the Allied Shinobi Forces.
- A Father to His Men
- Badass: Memetic status aside, he is the poster
boy man of this trope for Naruto.
- Appeal to Force:See Social Darwinist. His darwinism boils to this.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His battle strategy.
- Battle Aura: While fighting he surrounds himself in a shroud of lightning for both offensive and defensive purposes.
- Big Good: Once he is the Supreme Commander of the Allied Shinobi Forces.
- The Big Guy: Of the Five Kages when fighting against Madara. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 made this clear in the second phase of the fight against Madara, when you, controlling Tsunade, have to order him to give Madara a Megaton Punch to bring Madara down to the ground so Tsunade can fight him.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: White in the manga, but tinted yellow in the Anime.
- Dynamic Entry: Inverted. See There Was a Door below.
- Handicapped Badass: He is forced to cut off his own arm to save himself. It hasn't slowed him down that much, despite the fact that it was his main hand.
- Implacable Man: Him cutting his own arm off didn't even faze him. You can argue that rage was supressing the pain, since he thought that was fighting the responsible for his brother's death.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: With a little of Grey and Gray Morality, that comes with the position and setting. He became a jerk to his brother at some point in the past. Also towards people from other countries. However, he is an inspiring Father To His Men and cares deeply and even too much for his little brother. Even though Bee isn't actually related to him at all. He was also behind Hinata's kidnapping, while his father was probably behind Kushina's.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Wants to destroy Akatsuki, and kill Sasuke in particular in the fastest way possible after the attack on his brother, but calms down somewhat after learning the truth (instead becoming angry with Bee for sneaking out of the village).
- Large and in Charge: The leader of his village, and so far the largest person in the series.
- Also the official leader of the allied ninja forces, although Gaara is currently the Kage taking charge on the field.
- Large Ham: When irritated.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Attacks Sasuke on sight, tries to hit Tobi and comically fails, and goes through windows rather than doors, throgh this lant one can be a penchant for drama.
- Life or Limb Decision: Due to Sasuke's Amaterasu.
- Lightning Bruiser: A literal example. Despite his enormous size, he is incredibly fast, and can use lightning chakra to enhance his reflexes.
- Manly Tears: So manly that everyone else nearby must cry in unison.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket
- Overprotective Dad: Not per se, but the day he became Raikage, A decided Killer Bee wouldn't allowed to leave the village. Ever.
- Rated M for Manly
- Revenge Before Reason: It's quite ironic that he gives a very good demonstrantion of this to Sasuke(he sacrifices his left arm without hesitation just to hit the Uchiha) when he thinks he is responsible by Bee's death, whose entire characterization revolves around it
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Not only it enhances his strength, toughness, speed and reaction to absurd levels, it also acts as a shield.
- Social Darwinist: He believes that a shinobi is defined by his strength and an absolute of the shinobi world that those without power will be crushed. Unusually, he said this as less of a "The Reason You Suck" Speech and more of a stern lecture.
- The Southpaw
- Spell My Name with an S: Because of language puns his named can be romanized as A/Ei/Ē. Keeping with the Theme Naming its A.
- Super Speed: The fastest shinobi alive, second only to the Fourth Hokage (and even then, only at range) until Naruto surpassed him.
- There Was a Door: He is seen smashing through both a window (his own office window, at that) and a wall that blocked the fastest route to his destination, and his secretary suggested this happens often.
- The Unfettered: He will do anything to achieve victory at all costs. When Naruto and Killer Bee escaped their confinement, and weren't persuaded to stay hidden during the 4th Ninja World War, he considered killing Naruto, to prevent Tobi capturing all the tailed beasts.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Wrestler in All of Us: Most of his attacks are based on and named after wrestling moves.
Voiced By: Ryota Takeuchi (JP) Ogie Banks (EN)
A high ranking Cloud-nin and the Raikage's bodyguard. He is appointed as general of the 1st Division of the Allied Shinobi Forces.
- Apologises a Lot: A trait that saves his life against the Kin-Gin brothers.
- Authority Equals Ass Kicking: general of the 1st Division of the Allied Shinobi Forces.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: While strong himself his boss is much more powerful.
- BFS: His sword looks like a giant cleaver. It can be folded sideways and sheathed for transportation.
- Beam Spam: Storm Release: Laser Circus.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: The easy going type to counter Shikamaru's lazy interpretation of this trope.
- They get a patrolling mission together in Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 with Naruto. At the great displeasure of Naruto, Shikamaru and Darui ends up having a rest on the beach they were supposed to check while Naruto does the mission alone with clones. This was actually planned by Shikamaru, knowing that if he got lazy, Naruto would end up doing the job.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: To be exact, an African like blonde.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: combining lightning with water.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With C.
- Light 'em Up: The Storm Release is a quasi-example. It's supercharged Lighting using Water as a conductor with its flowing nature, but serves just like laser beams.
- Making a Splash: One of the two ordinary elements he is able to use.
- Number Two: To the Raikage.
- Shock and Awe: One of the two ordinary elements he is able to use. He is apparently also capable of using BLACK lightning, passed down to him by the Third Raikage
Another high rank Cloud-nin and the Raikage's other bodyguard. He is assigned to the Sensor Division to help co-ordinate intelligence in the Fourth Shinobi World War
One of Killer Bee's students and the leader of their three-man cell. Currently serving in the First Division of the Allied Shinobi Forces, but got sealed away by Ginkaku
- Cool Sword
- Faux Action Girl: Despite being a respected kunoichi in the Cloud, she didn't do anything in the Fourth Ninja War and was defeated pretty quickly, though not as fast as her brother. Of course, she was fighting characters way above her level.
- In her defense, she was not flat out beaten but trapped in a weapon with a rather odd effect that could easily incapacitate anyone regardless of their power.
- Ice Queen: Her personality and name. Also "cool" is her favorite word and how she was trapped by the Kinkaku brothers
- Closer to Earth
- Meaningful Name: It means "cool" which so happens to be her favorite word.
- The Stoic: She makes Shino seem excited. She barely emotes in all her appearances and she was the only one to not react with the news of Killer Bee being captured by Akatsuki, or even his return.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Taken to extreme levels with her brother Atsui.
- The Spock
- Team Mom
- Worf Effect: Against Ginkaku and Kinkaku. She was supposed to be the best student of Killer Bee and a deadly ninja but it took little time to bring her down and show how badass these two zombie criminals really are.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: As far as we know she and her brother are still in the gourd, and the gourd has been eaten by the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path. Furthermore, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox himself has stated that whatever goes in can never come out.
Voiced By: Yuka Komatsu (JP) Danielle Nicolet (EN)
Another of Killer Bee's students, a somewhat hot-tempered kunoichi swordswoman. Currently serving in the 2nd Division of the Allied Shinobi Forces
Voiced By: Kunihiro Kawamoto (JP) Ogie Banks (EN)
Killer Bee's third student, who worries about many things. Currently serves in the Surprise Attack Division, and helped take down the resurrected Sasori and Deidera
- Bash Brothers: He and Karui share a similar fighting style and fight well as a duo. It's unclear if they are siblings.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Comes up with highly pessimistic and improbable scenarios, like believing that a rock Karui threw could cause an avalanche that could destroy Konoha and after reaching Konoha, was convinced for a moment that it did. This was just after Pain's invasion, by the way.
- Cool Sword
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- The Kirk
- Manly Tears
- Meaningful Name: Means "heavy" in contrast to Karui, which is "light, or can mean "feelings", which indicates his thoughtful, often gloomy personality.
- Oral Fixation: A lollipop
- The One Guy: In an inversion of The Smurfette Principle almost omnipresent in teams of three in this series, is a male on a team with two females.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to Karui's Red.
- Worthy Opponent: Considered this by Ameyuri Ringo in the anime - she bequeaths her sword to him as thanks for giving her a good fight, just before being sealed.
Voiced by: Naoki Tamanoi (JP)
The previous Raikage, father of the Fourth and considered one of the mightiest Ninjas to had ever lived. Died during the Third War by stopping an army of 10,000 Ninjas for three days
, allowing his subordinates to escape safely. Known only in flashbacks of A and Killer Bee's childhood. Revived with Edo Tensei and fighting the second front in the 4 Ninja War along with Nidaime Tsuchikage, Yondaime Kazekage and Nidaime Mizukage. Faced most of the Fourth Division and was destroying them, until Naruto showed up and has a moment of opportunity that causes the Raikage to impale himself.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: It Runs in the Family.
- Badass: Stated to be one the few people that have actually fought a Tailed beast head-on without the use of seals and won. Several times. It took an army of 10,000 ninjas to kill him. It took three days.
- Black and Gray Morality: : While he is morally ambiguous like other Shinobi, Mu's underhanded and selfish goals piss him off completely.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Subverted
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: The 10,000 Ninjas who he fough with in the past. The Shinobi Alliance did not fare any better.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Defeats Gyuki by himself.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: He halted 10,000 ninjas for three days.
- Epic Fail: How he got his scar.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Black sclera.
- A Father to His Men: Fights Gyuki one-on-one so his comrade could escape.
- Fangs Are Evil: Subverted.
- Finger Poke of Doom: A more serious example. The Jigo Kuzuki Yonhon Nukite (Four Fingered Hell-Bringer Hand) concentrate his entire might in the tips of his fingers, making a penetrating attack that is hundreds of times stronger than Raikiri. It took the force of one finger to penetrate a squadron forged giant Doton wall, reinforced with Lava and kill dozens of Shinobis, to give you an idea.
- Inverted in that the move gets more powerful the fewer fingers he employs for his technique. Using one finger is basically his strongest move.Probably because less fingers means minor impact absorption by the target, what means the penetration is higher.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Naruto defeated him by redirecting his attack with a Sage Rasengan to his shoulder.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Like the rest of the Kages, he is enraged that Kabuto brought him back to life and is doing his best to help the army to bring him down for good.
- Implacable Man: He gets hit by Naruto's Rasenshuriken Kyūbi Chakura Mōdo, the single deadliest Wind technique ever created, that cuts objects at their cellular level in the form of a concentrated mile-wide storm. Made of microscopic energy blades. In his normal state. And he just shrugs it off!
- The Juggernaut: He is this for the Kages, who are all to a fault One-Man Army. It was stated that nothing could slow him in a fight. A rumor that the Allied Shinobi Forces is learning the hard way. He is the only resurrected warrior who hadn't need to use regeneration so far.
- Kumo's Strongest Raikage: Acknowledged in universe to be the most powerful shinobi Kumogakure ever produced.
- Large and in Charge
- Legacy Character: He was the one who gave lighting release armour to A, Black Lighting to Darui and Hachibi to Killer Bee.
- Lightning Bruiser: A literal one like his son, A.
- Made Of Diamond
- Minor Injury Overreaction: A little scar on his chest, and call it "his greatest shame"? It's self-inflicted, though.
- Nice Guy: He tries to give the soldiers to Alliance some hints in how to defeat him, and just that because he don't have the slighest idea in how actually defeat himself!
- Nigh-Invulnerability: His toughness was legendary, capable of receiving over hundreds of jutsus head-on without even a scratch. It took a direct attack from the second strongest Bijuu to leave an scar in his body... and the beast lost one of his horns as payment forever.
- Turns out that it was self inflicted wound. Yes, not even Hachibi was able to damage him.
- No Sell: Three so far to the Shinobi army. Shrugging off a Rasenshuriken, ripping the Cloth Binding Technique, and pulverizing an earth wall along with dozens of soldiers.
- One-Man Army: At difference of the rest in the Narutoverse, he won this distinction by stopping an actual army. Made of 10,000 Super Soldiers. For three days.
- Razor Sharp Hand: Jigo Kuzuki Yonhon Nukite (Four Fingered Hell-Bringer Hand)
- Scars Are Forever: In form of a lighting bolt, appropriate enough.
- Takes One to Kill One: In a weird twist, he technically defeated himself. Being extremely durable, it either takes 10,000 ninja keeping this man at bay for three days...or his strongest attack to actually kill him. Makes you wonder why the title God of Shinobi isn't bestowed on this guy too, though apparently we never saw he facing another Kage in the past.
- Unnamed Parent: By proxy.
- Unstoppable Force Meets Immovable Object: His "Hell-Bringer Hand" techniques are compared to an unstoppable spear, that pierces everything in it's way, while his iron-hard body clad in his lightning-armor is called an unbreakable shield. Naruto figures out that this is a paradox, and proves that the Raikages's spear is stronger, than his shield.
- Why Don't Ya Just Shoot Him?: Averted and used straight. Naruto defeated him because he didn't want to hurt him/kill him so as to capture him... and when Kabuto decided to kill him, he decided to directly control the Third.
- Why Won't You Die?: Three days.
Head ninja of Kumogakure
The man who was some sort of shinobi leader or one of lower leaders of Kumogakure. Came to Konoha under a guise to sighn a peace treaty, only to abuse the event, so he can gain Byakugan, by kidnapping the Hyuga family's heir Hinata. But his plan failed, and he died of humiliating death by Hiashi Hyuga.
- The Nameless: he is only refered as Head ninja, even if he has a name he needed to sighn on peace treaty.
- The Voiceless: has no speech role.
- Dirty Coward: He came to make a peace, but betrayed peace and Konoha, and went so low to kidnap innocent little girl in the middle of the night from her bed.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: from the hand of Hiashi.
- Obviously Evil: Seriously, in the context Neji mentions him, his smile and the below Red Right Hand, any viewer could predict in seconds he was up to no good.
- Overrated And Underleveled: Most fans believed that since he was the Head Ninja of the Cloud, that he should be strong and powerful. But this is disapproved almost immediately after his introduction, since Hiashi killed him very quickly.
- Red Right Hand: Or to be exactly headband covering his right eye and his whole head has bandages on place where hair is.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: He had big sardonsic smile on his face during his procession on streets of Konoha, that implied he is up to something.