Characters: Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
open/close all folders
An Earth Federation pilot who joined up after the One Year War, beginning the series as an aggressor pilot used in testing and training. He quickly ends up Falling into the Cockpit
of the GP-01 and begins chasing Anavel Gato across the entire Earth Sphere.
Kou's best friend and fellow aggressor pilot, he ends up in a GM Cannon II after the GP-02 is stolen. Much more laid back and casual than Kou, he's also much less skilled, which makes him something of a Butt Monkey
among his fellow pilots.
- Action Survivor: Surviving a Gundam series as a third rate pilot with only a few kills is actually quite an accomplishment.
- Beta Couple: With Moira.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: When his first efforts to flirt with Nina result in Moira coming on to him instead, he's quite frightened off by the fact she's more imposing than he is in every way. Subverted around halfway through the series, when they are seen going out and it's implied become a couple soon after.
- The Leisure Suit Larry: Mostly with Nina though.
A veteran of the One Year War, Lieutenant Burning is the commanding officer of the team that includes Kou and Keith, acting as piloting instructor and general mentor. After the theft of the GP-02, he's made the commander of the Albion's entire mobile suit forces, though he generally fails to keep his Military Maverick
pilots under control.
The Immortal 4th Team
Burning's old unit during the One Year War, consisting of Bernard Monsha, Chap Adel, and Alpha A. Bate (yes
). Now stationed on the Albion, they join the hunt for the GP-02 after Gato successfully escapes Torington Base with it.
The captain of the Albion, an older man without much familiarity with mobile suits. Upon being assigned to retrieve the GP-02, he becomes caught up in events, eventually becoming the primary force in opposition to Operation Stardust.
An Ace Pilot
known as the Nightmare of Solomon
for his part in the Battle of Solomon during the One Year War, Gato reappears to Gundamjack the shiny-new nuclear-equipped GP-02 as part of an Evil Plan
to bring the Federation to its knees. He gains a rivalry with Kou over the course of the series.
- Ambiguously Jewish: Anavel is apparently Hebrew for "Humble servant of God" or something like that.
- Bad Ass
- Big Bad: As the instigator and source of the main conflict.
- Char Clone: Averted, surprisingly.
- Large Ham: SOLOMON!! I! HAVE! RETURNED!!!
- Unwitting Instigatorof Doom: In the sense that his plan had very different consequences than he truly intended. Had he not dropped a colony on Earth then the Titans would never have come to power and things would have gone very differently in the Universal Century. Instead of reviving Zeon he just made the Federation worse.
The leader of the Delaz Fleet and the ultimate mastermind behind Operation Stardust, Delaz represents the largest group of Zeon loyalists
left in the Earth Sphere. Utilizing his limited resources to the greatest possible effect, he works with Gato and Cima to achieve his goals.
A Zeon commander loosely allied with Delaz, she works with him for now, but obviously serves only herself. Brass and ostentatious, both Delaz and Gato dislike her intensely, but are forced to work with her because of the forces she commands. For her part, she's not too fond of them, either.
- Anti-Villain: Type II, although you have to look into supplemental material to really see it.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Gets one in 8th MS Team, although only via All There in the Manual. She's the pilot of the colony-gassing Zaku I that appears in Shiro's flashback. In one of the games, there's a Reaction Shot where she ineffectually screams that she'd been told it was knock-out gas, not a nerve agent.
- Dark Action Girl: One of the biggest in Gundam.
- Defector from Decadence: Cima is sick and tired of Zeon's evil ways, and spends the entire series secretly collaborating with the Federation. Alternate Universe materials that have her survive show her eventually leaving the Titans for the same reasons.
- Heel Face Door Slam: Kou is the one to take her down despite the fact she's on his side.
- Hero Antagonist: Notably, it's the Albion that keeps getting in the way of her plans to save lives and stop the colony drop, and she manages to put an end to Delaz before Kou shows up to kill her while she's trying to help stop the falling colony.
- Poor Communication Kills: Completely averted. Kou knows that she's on his side and that he has explicit orders not to fight her. He does it anyway, because he wants revenge.
- Obligatory War Crime Scene: In 08th MS Team, though she wasn't aware of it at the time. It eventually fuels her defection.
part of the Earth Federation military, Nina is the engineer from Anaheim Electronics in charge of the Gundam Development Project. As such, when the GP-01 is unexpectedly sent into battle, she works closely with Kou. Their relationship is... interesting
Voiced by Rei Sakuma
A mechanic from Anaheim, she works with Nina, maintaining the Anaheim Gundams and providing her with moral support. She takes an interest
in Keith early on, and the two can be found in each other's company frequently throughout the series.
A one-armed former Zeon pilot now living on the moon, he is secretly in league with the Delaz Fleet, covertly repairing a massive mobile armor concealed in the junk yard where he lives.