open/close all folders
Voice Actors: Kouji Tsujitani (Japanese), Steve Cannon (English)
The film's protagonist, Seabook Arno is the son of mobile suit and weapons designers Leslie and Monica Arno. Unaware of the full extent of his parents' work, Seabook ends up Falling into the Cockpit of their Super Prototype, the Gundam F91 when the Crossbone Vanguard launches an attack on his home colony.
- Ace Pilot: Reaches this status by his second battle.
- Battle Couple: With Cecily at the end.
- The Everyman: In a sharp contrast to previous protagonists, and his own parents, Seabook doesn't really have any distinguishing characteristics prior to his fateful run in with the titular mobile suit.
- Falling into the Cockpit: Downplayed. Seabook discovers the F91 by accident, but volunteers to fly it, since his mother was the one who designed it in the first place.
- Lightning Bruiser: The F91, as is typical for the protagonist mobile suits. It's faster, harder hitting, and better armoured than anything the Federation or Cosmo Babylonia has at their disposal.
- Nice Guy: Seabook is a fairly pleasant, average kid prior to the events of the film.
- Official Couple: With Cecily, who was his girlfriend before the film began.
- Took a Level in Badass: Takes a massive one over the course of the film going from an average student to a battletested veteran pilot.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Cecily Fairchild/Berah Ronah
Voice Actors: Yumi Touma (Japanese), Michelle Ruff (English)
Seabook's girlfriend, Cecily Fairchild is the daughter of Carozzo Ronah and the granddaughter of Metzer Ronah, both of whom want her to act as the figurehead for Cosmo Babylonia's conquest of the Earth Sphere. Kidnapped and forced into the role, Cecily keeps her own council, and eventually turns against them.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: The only member of her family to avert this.
- Battle Couple: With Seabook at the end.
- Blue Blood
- Evil Redhead: Ultimately averted.
- Extreme Doormat: Early on, when she just does whatever Meitzer, her father, or any other authority figure tells her to.
- Faux Action Girl: Is so thoroughly clobbered by Carozzo one wonders what she was even doing at the battle.
- Grew a Spine: Towards the end of the film she starts to make her own decisions and turns on her father.
- Patricide: Helps Seabook kill her father
Crossbone Vanguard/Cosmo Babylonia
Voice Actors: Teppei Takasugi (Japanese), Simon Isaacson (English)
The leader of the aristocratic Cosmo Babylonia, Meitzer is Cecily's grandfather and Carozzo's father-in-law, and the man who is most to blame for the outbreak of conflict between the EF and the Vanguard. Believing the world is going to run itself into the ground, he aims to save it by imposing his own rule on the Earth Sphere.
- Affably Evil: Meitzer seems like an okay guy, plans for World Domination aside.
- Aristocrats Are Evil
- Big Bad: He's the one in charge, though Carozzo takes up all the screen time.
- Evil Old Folks: Sixty-nine at the time of the film.
- Expy: As the elderly, villainous patriarch of a large aristocratic family who leaves all the fighting to his descendents it's not hard to see him as an expy of Degwin Zabi.
- In fact, Simon Issacson later on voices Degwin in the English dub of the 0079 movies.
- Non-Action Big Bad: Meitzer isn't really up to much fighting, leaving that to the likes of Carozzo, Dorel, and Zabine Chereaux.
- The Patriarch: Of the Ronah family.
- Take Over the World: His end game.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Claims to be trying to save humanity from itself.
Carozzo "Iron Mask" Ronah
Voice Actors: Masaki Maeda (Japanese), Tom Wyner (English)
The son-in-law of Meitzer Ronah, Carozzo is the field leader of the Crossbone Vanguard, and a massively augmented Cyber-Newtype as well. Incapable of removing his mask, Carozzo is able to directly interface with machinery at the cost of his interpersonal skills and his basic humanity, with his wife, daughter, and father-in-law all distrusting and fearing him. He pilots the Rafflesia mobile armour.
- Archnemesis Dad: To his daughter, Cecily, whom he eventually tries to kill.
- Axe Crazy
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Suffers no ill effects when he emerges from the Rafflesia into hard vacuum. It could be that his mask contains an air supply, or that his Cyber-Newtype modifications included some sort of alternative form of respiration, but since neither is specified, this trope is still very much in effect.
- Beam Spam: With the heavily armed Rafflesia.
- Char Clone: He's more like Darth Vader in looks, but he still plays the role of the Char character in the film, with his personal connection to a cast member, Cool Mask, and red mobile armour.
- Combat Tentacles: His personal mobile armour, the Rafflesia, features these.
- Cool Helmet/Cool Mask: An elaborate steel mask that completely conceals his head.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Whatever human qualities Carozzo once had, he's lost them since becoming a Cyber-Newtype.
- Darth Vader Clone: He not only has the look but hits many other aspects of the character, right down to Cecily accusing him of being nothing more than a machine.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Meitzer is the actual Big Bad of the film, but Iron Mask is the true threat to the main cast, and the movie ends with his defeat.
- The Dreaded: Within the Crossbone Vanguard.
- Evil Laugh: He gives off a few during his battle with Seabook and Cecily.
- The Heavy: He's the one who drives the plot of the film.
- Immune to Bullets: Cecily's bullets bounce right off of him.
- Knight Templar: A particularly brutal one, who intends to reduce the population of Earth and the colonies by ninety percent so that the human race as a whole can survive on dwindling resources.
- Lack of Empathy: Deliberately abandoned his empathy so that he could do what he thinks he has to do to bring about Meitzer's goals.
- Mighty Glacier: The Rafflesia when compared to mobile suits like the F91.
- Super Strength: Able to tear open the cockpit of Cecily's mobile suit using only his hands.
- Technopath: Can directly connect to and control his personal mobile armour.
Voice Actors: Takeshi Kusao (Japanese), David Lelyveld (English)
Carozzo's son and Cecily's half-brother, Dorel Ronah was adopted into the larger family by Meitzer when Carozzo married Cecily's mother. Arrogant and determined to prove himself, Dorel acts as one of Meitzer and Carozzo's mobile suit pilots, spearheading the initial attack on the colonies. He has a rivalry with Zabine Chereaux.