- Assassin Outclassin': At the mid-Games soiree, Kane takes down his would-be assassin with only a cane, without even batting an eyelash. He nearly survives a second attempt and gives both assassins—an experienced mercenary and a well-trained Peacekeeper—a run for their money.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Berserk Button: DO NOT QUESTION HIM.
- Clean Cut: Kane cuts Ginger's arm off in one swipe.
- Jerk Ass: The fact that he is one is sure. The extent, however, dips into Your Mileage May Vary territory.
- Would Hurt a Child: Ginger's audition has him beating her and her parents, killing her mother, kidnapping her father and CUTTING HER ARM OFF.
- Plucky Office Girl: If you count the Gamemaker's Headquarters an office, I suppose.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- Conflicting Loyalty: She doesn't approve of Kane's idea for the Hunger Games.
- Human-Interest Story: Her work focuses on the tributes' lives.
- Peacock Girl: Just look at that dress!
Cyril Mors, District 1
Opponent(s): Ofelia Qian
Azlin Bluestone, District 1
Opponent(s): Garrett Lykke
- Action Girl
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: Azlin's weapon of choice is a jeweled gun.
- Lady of War
- Sugar and Ice Personality
Kallen Ward, District 2
Opponent(s): Rottie Beten
- A God Am I : He thinks so at least.
- Dead Pan Snarker
- Feel No Pain: Kallen doesn't feel pain.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars : He has a few raised and ugly scars accumulated over the years due to his ignorance.
- Manipulative Bastard : His hallucination, Tippa, certainly seems like one, even if he doesn't see it.
- Talking To Himself: To everyone but himself, it seems as if he's doing this.
Jadeite Grace, District 2
Opponent(s): Jack Rackam
- Chainmail Bikini: Subverted; While Jadeite DOES wear fashion-forward armor that bares her midriff, it's just for the chariot ride.
- Superpowerful Genetics
- Winged Humanoid
Darius Penowlee, District 3
Opponent(s): Lunar Mortuna
- Geek Physiques: Darius is highly educated, being from District three, but he's also a bit scrawny.
Ofelia Qian, District 3
Opponent(s): Cyril Mors, Garrett Lykke
- Asian and Nerdy: The "nerdy" part seems to be the norm for the technology-focused population of District 3.
- Little Miss Snarker
- Missing Mom: Ofelia's mother left to fight the war and never came back.
- Mouthy Kid
Roarke Farryn, District 4
Opponent(s): Caleb Noley, Rhona Velaro
- Dead Partner: His ally and District Partner, Levis Solan.
- He later becomes one himself.
- Prongs of Poseidon: His weapon of choice is a trident
Levis Solan, District 4
Opponent(s): Carsten Welshrose
Ame Gater, District 5
Opponent(s): Icarus Alden, Ginger Darton, Lunar Mortuna, Garrett Lykke and Rhona Velaro
- Closet Geek
- Custom Uniform: Vinca created an entirely new outfit for Ame to wear in the arena. It may or may not have been at attempt at a Custom Uniform of Sexy, though that's to be debated.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Much to his creator's dismay, some people who've read the comic have called Ame a "she." note This also qualifies as Viewer Gender Confusion
- Dysfunctional Family: Mrs. Gater is paralyzed and homebound while her eldest son keeps the bread on the table- all the while tormenting his little brother who's always stuck running away. Some family.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Twice. Once in the Capitol, and again in the Arena.
- Traumatic Haircut: Happens in Round 2 when Ginger's Boomerang cuts all his hair off.
- Icy Blue Eyes/Innocent Blue Eyes Whether they're icy or innocent is up for debate
- Nobody Touches the Hair: Ame says this to Ginger in Round 2.
- Pretty Boy: Well. After his Capitol makeover, at least. Specifically a Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Well, Ame used to have them. Vinca declared that The Glasses Gotta Go- Partly because they were Nerd Glasses, and partly because Ame was going to have to fight- so he gets Ame contacts because the kid is Blind Without 'Em.
Isabella "Rottie" Beten, District 5
Opponent(s): Kallen Ward, Rasputen Rucks, Rhona Velaro
- An Axe to Grind: Rottie fights with a small hatchet.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Rottie wore a headband with dog ears as part of her Chariot costume.
- Animal Motifs: A Rottweiler specifically.
- In-Series Nickname
- Man Bites Man: Will do this as a last resort.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Before she started going insane.
Garrett Lykke, District 6
Opponent(s): Azlin Bluestone, Ofelia Qian, Carsten Welshrose, Rhona Velaro and Ame Gater
- I'm Taking Him Home With Me!: Has been adopted by six other tributes to date.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Least Is First: Despite being only 12 and not knowing the language (or what the heck is ever going on), he volunteers at the Reaping.
- Master Swordsman: Subverted. Garrett is an accomplished fencer, but only gets a 3 in training.
- Norse by Norsewest: Garrett and his father hail from "Svanemark", a country outside Panem.
- Na´ve Newcomer: He's fresh off the boat from Svanemark, can't speak a word of English, and hell if he knows how he ended up in this mess.
Rhona Velaro, District 6
Opponent(s): Nara Karter, Roarke Farryn, Rottie Beten, Garrett Lykke and Ame gater
- Combat Pragmatist: By necessity.
- Knife Nut: Rhona's choice of weapons is two knives.
- Mercy Kill: Rhona was forced to Mercy Kill her younger brother, Ain, after the latter was badly injured during the war. Also the cause of her Heroic B.S.O.D..
- Mouthy Kid: Very.
- Street Urchin: Rhona is the de facto leader of the Velaro Street Runners, a gang of street urchins back in District 6.
Rasputen Rucks, District 7
Opponent(s): Tress Galton, Rottie Beten
- Alliterative Name
- An Axe to Grind: A single bit felling axe to be exact.
- The Big Guy: 6'6" and 220 lbs, and it doesn't look like much of that is fat.
- Covered with Scars
- The Determinator: According to his ref sheet, but this has yet to be seen.
- Gentle Giant
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Last Name Basis: Rasputen Rucks is often referred to as just "Rucks."
- The Quiet One
Ginger Darton, District 7
Opponent(s): Asher Theorella, Ame Gater
- Artificial Limbs: Ginger has a wooden left arm.
- Broken Hero
- Fragile Flower
- Genki Girl: Oh yes.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!!: "What the stump?"
- Improvised Zipline: Boomerangs and wire are used for this.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Shipper on Deck: Tends to do this with the other tributes.
- Youthful Freckles
Jack Rackam, District 8
Opponent(s): Jadeite Grace, Lunar Mortuna
- Ax-Crazy: Why rely on strength and discipline when you can be a crazy madman swinging a lethal hunk of razor-sharp steel?
- Evil Redhead: Well, maybe not QUITE evil, but most certainly insane, murderous, and bloodthirsty.
- Expy: Of the character from Lord of the Flies with the same name.
- Extreme Melee Revenge: Jack fully embraces his love for savage, bloody murders involving laceration, disembowelment, and cannibalism.
- Freak Lab Accident: The chemicals. Never forget those horrible, insanity-causing chemicals.
- For the Evulz: As he becomes progressively MORE insane, Jack seems to lose interest in any discernible goal and simply indulges his love of carnage and mayhem.
- I'm a Humanitarian: When Lunar refuses to eat the food Jack offers her, he tosses her his only other option. A severed human arm.note
- Insane Equals Violent: Very VERY violent.
- Laughing Mad: Jack is deliciously insane, laughing at horrible things and taking pleasure in ultimate destruction and chaos.
- Tribal Face Paint: decorates his face and body with paint, charcoal, and the blood of his victims.
Lunar Mortuna, District 8
Opponent(s): Darius Penowlee, Jack Rackam, Ame Gater
- Cute and Psycho: As of the end of Round 2.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Before she got into the Arena.
- Epic Flail: Lunar picks up a weapon at the cornucopia that is a stick with a ball covered in spikes. note
- Extreme Melee Revenge: Lunar absolutely goes to town when she kills Darius. She wanted to make sure he was dead.
- The Power of Hate: Lunar's hatred of the Capitol drives her to go mad and ally with Jack to take down the Capitol.
Caleb Noley, District 9
Opponent(s): Roarke Farryn
- Covered with Scars
- Eyescream: Caleb dies when Rhona stabs him in the eye with the horn of a giant muttation.
- Flashback: Caleb's entries are filled with these.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Caleb's reference picture depicts him shirtless
Nara Karter, District 9
Opponent(s): Rhona Velaro
- Covered with Scars
- Heroic Sacrifice: Nara throws Rhona to safety, and dies taking on deadly muttations.
- Sinister Scythe: Nara's weapon of choice.
Asher Theorella, District 10
Opponent(s): Ginger Darton
Hadley "Icarus" Alden, District 10
Opponent(s): Ame Gater
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Icarus has a scar on her cheek.
- Icarus Allusion: Her nickname, Icarus, comes from the time she tried to fly and failed, scarring her face in the process.
- In-Series Nickname
Carsten Welshrose, District 11
Opponent(s): Levis Solan, Rettie Benethe, Garrett Lykke
Rettie Benethe, District 11
Opponent(s): Ellie Barmier, Carsten Welshrose
- Beware the Nice Ones: When it comes to life and death, Rettie's not afraid to be extremely brutal. She's also said to always be planning in case of betrayal.
- Hair Decorations: Rettie's almost always seen with something in her hair.
Talton Galton, District 12
Opponent(s): Rasputen Rucks
- Driven to Suicide: Tress slits his own wrists and dies so as not to be a burden on Rasputen.
Eleanor "Ellie" Barmier, District 12
Opponent(s): Rettie Benethe
- Gentleman Snarker
- The Cracker: In the eyes of the Capitol, at least. He uses his computer know-how to clear his name at the end of the war and later to hack into the Gamemaker's systems to help the kids escape from the Arena.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The final chapter has him and Anna setting fire to a rebel safehouse, drawing their guns, then walking out to meet the Capitol forces surrounding the safehouse.
- Can't Stand Them, Can't Live Without Them: Despite his friendship with Ventace Lazuli and Maurice Rodman, he seems to get fed up with them more often than not. Even so, Ventace tends to cool him down while Maurice helps him climb the social ladder, for better or worse.
- Disabled Snarker: For a man with nerve damage on his entire right side, he's got a pretty sharp tongue.
- Dye Hard: Vinca dyes his hair as often as he changes clothes, often blending with Kaleidoscope Hair and Multicolored Hair at the same time.
- Fashion Hurts: Played with; Though it wasn't his choice to get attacked by a jellyfish, certain side effects it causes (such as the inability to get wrinkles) are desirable in the Capitol.
- Hates the Job, Loves the Limelight: Played With; Vinca loves styling and designing as well the publicity he gets for it. He just despises the Hunger Games and most of the people involved.
- Living Lie Detector: Vinca has a learned ability to detect lies. Said lies quickly became his pet peeve.
- Odd Friendship: With Maurice Rodman and Ventace Lazuli.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: It's implied this happened to Vinca at the end of Round 3.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Vinca visibly changes his clothes and hairstyle with every new day, and never wears the same thing twice.
- Missing Mom: Elan was not able to marry Garrett's mother. That he has a kid is also a secret.
- Papa Wolf: Refuses to give up his son for lost when Garrett is taken away to compete in the Hunger Games.
- A Father to His Men: Bellasseau shows shades of this, especially to Aras Duval.
- Defector from Decadence: Is a hero of the war and a highly-ranked official in the Capitol government, but the Games are making him question his loyalty.
- FBI Agent: He runs the Intelligence and Investigation Bureau (Panem's mashup CIA|FBI)
- Student and Master Team: Likes to keep his protégé handy.
- Last Name Basis: What's his first name again?
- Laser-Guided Karma: Ended the war by infiltrating the rebel ranks and then betraying them. About to suffer the same fate with his protege secretly a rebel.
- Married to the Job
- The Napoleon: At 5'3", Bellasseau is the shortest adult in the named cast.
- Deep Cover Agent: Turns out that the IIB's second-in-command was actually a key player in the rebellion.
- FBI Agent: Works under Bellasseau in the IIB.
- The Men in Black: First appearance on stage dressed in stark conservative black compared to the colorful escorts Velma and Jupiter.
- Spy Speak
- Cryptic Conversation: So who are the falcon, the rook, the jabberjay, the kingfisher, and the heron?
- Rebel Leader: Turns out to be the leader of the rebel cell hidden deep inside the Capitol.
- Ace Pilot: Leon puts his piloting skills to use during the war and at the end of the tournament to rescue the remaining children from the arena.
- Asian Drivers: Subverted; Leon was one of the best cabbies in District 6 before becoming a mentor.
- Badass Driver: In Round 3, Leon leads some Peacekeepers in a merry chase through the Capitol.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Guile Hero: Leon appears to have a fondness for talking his way out of sticky situations.
- Nerves of Steel
- The Storyteller
- We ARE Struggling Together: With Todorov and Bellasseau.
- Annoying Laugh: A dumbfounded Leon notes that she actually titters.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The final chapter has her and Reinald setting fire to a rebel safehouse, drawing their guns, then walking out to meet the Capitol forces surrounding the safehouse.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Socialite: Turns out to be an act.
- Upper-Class Twit: Also turns out to be an act.
- The Cynic: Hey, she's President Kane's SISTER. How is she supposed to be optimistic?
- Graceful Ladies Wear Purple: Naturally, Miss Lavender wears purple to exemplify her sophistication, grace, and femininity.
- Motherly Scientist: Lavender is self-educated scholar, and views the depraved Jack Rackam with intellectual curiosity. However, she has also developed a surprisingly emotional, maternal bond with the young man as well.
- Icy Blue Eyes
- The Lancer: To Vinca Sylvestris.
- Living Emotional Crutch: It seems at times like Ventace is the only thing keeping Vinca alive and functioning.
- Non-Idle Rich: Ventace often helps people, and makes time specifically for it in some instances.
- Odd Friendship: With Vinca and Maurice.
- Rapid-Fire Typing
- Socialite: He's often at the high class parties in the Capitol.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Vinca tends to snap at him more than friends really ought to, however Ventace simply calmly stands there and takes it, most of the time.
- Character Blog: He has one for this OCT- you can find it here.
- The Charmer
- Homoerotic Subtext: An in-universe example occurs during Maurice's Interview with Vinca. Both Vinca and Maurice invoke this to get higher ratings and cheers from the crowd.
- Jerk Ass: Really, despite his tribute, he doesn't seem to have much respect for the dead.
- Odd Friendship: With Vinca and Ventace.
- Smarmy Host
- Talk Show: Maurice has one. And a blog!
Eagle VaspCyril Mors' stylist. Also a Capitol celebrity.
ConstanceEagle's personal assistant.
Blue, Yellow and RedA team of stylists who work for Eagle.
Emile HashaCyril Mors' escort
Ted Von Der EmptonA games expert who kept his place until he was replaced.
Tidus GaterAme's brother. He dislikes Ame, loves the Hunger Games, and wants to be a peacekeeper.
Alven GaterAme's father.
- Disappeared Dad: Mr. Gater is not in the picture. In real life, that is.
- Dad the Veteran: It's implied he died in the rebellion during The Dark Days.
Malios MintOne of the game makers who sees Rasputen Rucks as a way to raise ratings.
- Alliterative Name
- Colourful Theme Naming: Mint is a colour of green, and Malios Mint also WEARS all green, down to his hair. This may dip into Colour-Coded for Your Convenience.
- Green Eyes
Erin VenatorThe District 7 mentor for both Ginger Darton and Rasputen Rucks
Bartholomew "Bear" HallowellGinger's cousin. He makes wood ducks.
- Actual Pacifist: He's not a very violent person at all.
- Ax-Crazy: He gives the Peacekeepers a run for their money.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt Ginger. Don't you dare.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Even a good guy like Bear has a bad side.
- Extreme Melee Revenge: He goes completely postal on Peacekeepers when Ginger is killed.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: His lush facial hair makes him seem very trustworthy.
- I Have No Son: Bear's parents (more specifically his father) have basically disowned him.
- #1 Boss What can we say? He's good at his job!
- Child Hater: ...and by "job" we mean whipping small children so they'll work faster.
- Unsexy Sadist: ...did we mention he also derives pleasure from causing pain to animals and/or children?
Karas MalchiorAn Elite Peacekeeper under Kane's command.
- BFG: Karas has two big pistols that really pack a wallop.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Karas can easily take a target out with his pistols from several yards away.