House of Anubis is a mystery series series airing on Nickelodeon, based on the Flemish-Dutch series Het Huis Anubis. The series tells the story of Nina, an American student who earns a scholarship to a fancy English Boarding School and becomes a member of the House of Anubis, believed to be the nicest house on campus. On the day of Nina's arrival, another student named Joy is pulled out of the school under mysterious circumstances, prompting her roommate, Patricia, to suspect that the school faculty are enacting some kind of conspiracy.
open/close all folders
Nina Martin (portrayed by Nathalia Ramos)
Hi! I'm Nina, from America!
The New Transfer Student
at the Boarding School
. She tries to solve the mystery of the House of Anubis and find the treasure hidden within.
- All-Loving Hero: She's kind, generous, and forgiving towards everyone, whether it's the Jerkass who toremented her for no reason, the other Jerkass who wrote an attack article about her, or even the house master who nearly got her killed. Even Rufus seems to merit a certain amount of concern from her. (Notice how worried for him she sounds when trying to talk him out of using the mask.)
- Genre Savvy: Shows shades of this in Season 1, becomes this fully by Season 2. She knows that when a clue is too easy it means Victor already solved it before they did.
- Kid Detective: Starts a whole group of them.
- Weirdness Magnet: Arguably, all of the weird things started happening when she showed up.
Fabian Rutter (portrayed by Brad Kavanaugh)
"Would you fancy a walk?"
A student in the House of Anubis who is nice to Nina right from the beginning.
- No Respect Guy: Seriously even when he helps solve major clues Patricia still mocks the heck out of him.
Patricia Williamson (portrayed by Jade Ramsey)
Joy's roommate and friend. Patricia is suspicious of the circumstances under which Joy disappeared, especially since Joy left behind her cell phone and her favorite stuffed animal.
- Affectionate Nickname: Eddie calls Patricia "Yacker." This started as an insult, but took on a different meaning when they started dating.
- Alpha Bitch: Starts out as this. Still is this sort of in Season 2.
- Heel-Face Turn: She's initially very hostile toward Nina, as she suspects Nina of being involved in Joy's disappearance, but she later realizes that she's wrong and apologizes for her behavior. However, it takes her several episodes to completely trust Nina.
Amber Millington (portrayed by Ana Mulvoy Ten)
"I'm a genius"
Another female student. Mick's girlfriend at the start of the series.
- Genius Ditz: Amber isn't very book smart, but she does come up with some pretty good ideas during the search for the treasure.
- Flanderization: Her ditziness was definitely played up in Season 2.
- Hidden Depths: Revealed to be good at ping pong.
- Kid Detective: Arguably, even though Nina and Fabian generally take over solving clues she has her moments.
- Put on a Bus: Goes to a prestigious fashion school halfway into Season 3.
Alfie Lewis (portrayed by Alex Sawyer)
"Why would anyone want to be subtle?"
Another student in the House of Anubis. He has a crush on Amber.
- No Respect Guy: While bumbling he does help out the team in the search for insert-macguffin-here but either doesn't get much credit or isn't brought up again. Heck even when it's just being a good gesture regardless it's forgotten about quick.
- The Woobie: Oh c'mon, did you see him when he was sick?
Eddie Miller (portrayed by Burkely Duffield)
"I'm concussed and I can still see through your oh-so-clever code."
A new American student in Season 2. Seems to be a bit of a troublemaker, not to mention being ridiculously flirtatious.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Also with Patricia.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Starts off seeming like he's on the low end of the IQ scale, but then later reveals himself to speak fluent French, implying a certain level of intelligence. Most likely, the reason he doesn't post the same kind of grades as Mara is because he slacks off.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He appears in Season 2 as a new student from America and a Love Interest for Patricia, but in the season finale, he turns out to be the Osirian, counterpart and guardian to The Chosen One.
- The Chosen One: At the end of Season 2, he turns out to be The Osirian, the one destined to protect the descendant of Amneris.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Eddie is the symbolic darkness to Nina's light, but is still one of the good guys.
- Disappeared Dad: His turned out to be Mr. Sweet, the school's headmaster.
- Genre Savvy: In his first appearance he knew Jerome was playing a prank on him within seconds. Rivals with Nina as to how smart he is.
- Hidden Depths: He's fluent in French.
K.T. Rush (portrayed by Alexandra Shipp)
A new student in Season 3. She takes Nina's old room when Nina doesn't return.
- Sassy Black Girl: She comes off as being a bit on the snarky side. Then again, so was Nina.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: For Nina. Both are Americans who lived with elderly relatives before coming to Anubis House, both are set to solve a mystery having to do with the house, both get on Patricia's bad side during their first day.
Mick Campbell (portrayed by Bobby Lockwood)
Student in the House of Anubis and Amber's boyfriend. Likes sports.
Mara Jaffray (portrayed by Tasie Dhranj)
"You're not rotten"
Amber's best friend, but there's some romantic tension between Mara and Mick.
- Eleventh Hour Ranger: Joins Sibuna in "Touchstone of Ra" so they can make use of her smarts.
- Heel-Face Turn: Well, not in the traditional sense. She over hears Mick saying semi-hurtful things about her and goes all Hot-but-Bitchy Mean Girl for a couple episodes. She even tries to get a teacher fired when said teacher was helping Mick get an athletic scholarship.
Jerome Clark (portrayed by Eugene Simon)
"Team Clarke: 1. Rest of the world: 0!"
Male student in the House of Anubis. Seems to enjoy causing chaos.
- What Does She See in Him?: Doesn't see why Mara would be with such a dumbass as Mick.
- Your Cheating Heart: He kissed Willow. Although he and Mara were kind've sort've broken up at the time she says they're back and dates both at the same time. It doesn't end well.
Joy Mercer (portrayed by Klariza Clayton)
A student who is called away from the school under odd circumstances. Her disappearance is a major part of the plot in Season 1.
- Freudian Excuse: Joy manipulating Fabian, posting horrible slander about Nina on the school website to ruin her image and try to make her leave the school, and committing plagiarism are all due to her excuse of thinking Nina has stolen everything from her. Subverted from an In-Universe perspective though: She tries to invoke it to justify her behavior, but none of her friends are buying it.
- Insane Troll Logic: Claims that Nina "stole" Fabian from her, even though she and Fabian were never dating.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: In the Season Finale, when she encourages Fabian to go be with Nina.
- Jerk Ass: Most of her actions in Season 2 grant her this title. She eventually gets over it.
- Taking the Bullet: Protects Fabian from a Senkahra-possessed Nina this way.
Willow Jenks (portrayed by Louisa Connolly-Burnham)
A new to season 3 character from Isis House who soon transfers to Anubis.
Victor Rodenmar Jr. (portrayed by Francis Magee)
The guy in charge of the House of Anubis. Definitely creepy and definitely up to something.
- Break the Cutie: This happened to Victor when he was little. After his father gave him a verbal lashing, he broke his friendship with Sarah because he thought she wouldn't tell him any information, such as where the Ankh pieces were.
- Catch Phrase: "You have five minutes precisely and then I want to hear a pin drop."
- Companion Cube: Corbierre, Victor's stuffed raven. Played with too, as it belonged to his father and probably was alive at some point.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Refuses to harm the students in order to gain immortality. Later goes on to save Joy's life at the end of Season 2, sacrificing his one shot at making the elixir to do so.
- Freudian Excuse: Victor actually did see Sarah as a friend at one point, but his father changed all that.
Jason Winkler (portrayed by Jack Donolly)
The new, handsome teacher at the school who catches the eye of the every female in-universe and out. He's suspicious of Joy's disappearance and also seeks to find out the truth. He joins up with Patricia but parts to join in Victor's Society.
- Ill Boy: He has a rare degenerative disease which his reason for siding with Victor.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: While he doesn't trick Patricia into giving info he does part ways with her to join Victor's side. Doesn't make him evil all of a sudden though.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Doesn't return in Season 2 leading many to assume he died in between. Ouch.
Sarah Frobisher-Smythe (portrayed by Rita Davies)
An old woman who claims to have lived in the House of Anubis. She gives Nina a locket which seems to have some power over the house.
- Mysterious Waif: A rare elderly example; she has a connection with the villain, gives the protagonist vague, cryptic advice and a mysterious trinket to assist her in her journey and captivates said protagonist with her odd and puzzling ways.
WARNING: The villains for HOA are almost always a surprise in the series and reading this can lead to the season being spoiled.
Rufus Zeno (portrayed by Roger Barclay)
Harriet/Caroline Denby (portrayed by Susey Kane)
The new history teacher who may know more than she leads on. She's actually "The Keeper". The one who holds "The Sleeper" awaiting the day of the eclipse to perform the ritual to revive Robert Frobisher-Smythe.
Robert Frobisher-Smythe (portrayed by John Sackville)
Sarah's thought-to-be dead father. He was stricken with an egyptian sleep-ness curse and put into a capsule waiting to be awakened. He returns an evil man trying to bring in a Dark God into the world by way of ritual.
- Big Good: Seems to have once been trying to hide the artifacts from people like Victor and Rufus.
- Big Bad: But when he wakes up, he takes over as the main threat to the kids, though he is just playing The Dragon to Ammit.
- Came Back Wrong: Since Caroline, an evil woman, resurrected Robert, he returned even more villainous than she.