Characters: House of Anubis
House of Anubis is a mystery series series airing on Nickelodeon, based on the Flemish-Dutch series Het Huis Anubis. The series tells the story of Nina, an American student who earns a scholarship to a fancy English Boarding School
and becomes a member of the House of Anubis, believed to be the nicest house on campus. On the day of Nina's arrival, another student named Joy is pulled out of the school under mysterious circumstances, prompting her roommate, Patricia, to suspect that the school faculty are enacting some kind of conspiracy.
open/close all folders
Portrayed by: Nathalia Ramos
Hi! I'm Nina, from America!
The New Transfer Student
at the Boarding School
. She tries to solve the mystery of the House of Anubis and find the treasure hidden within.
- All-Loving Hero: She's kind, generous, and forgiving towards everyone, whether it's the Jerkass who toremented her for no reason, the other Jerkass who wrote an attack article about her, or even the house master who nearly got her killed. Even Rufus seems to merit a certain amount of concern from her. (Notice how worried for him she sounds when trying to talk him out of using the mask.)
- Butt Monkey: Despite being The Hero and The Chosen One, she falls into this too. Poor girl has had to deal with her new friend Sarah dying in Season 1, all of her friends being threatened by a vengeful ghost in Season 2, and said ghost nearly killing her grandmother just to pressure her into cooperating.
- Catch Phrase: "I'm Nina, from America." Lampshaded by Patricia:
Patricia: She's American and she's totally obsessed with it. She said it like a hundred times.
- The Chosen One: Revealed in the season finale. Lampshaded by Jerome:
Jerome: It would be the American, wouldn't it?
- Fabian even suspects it before the season finale, when Nina tells him that she was able to find the next clue because she heard voices coming from the chandelier saying where in the chandelier it was.
Nina: (after explaining how she was able to find the next clue) You're wondering if I'm insane.
Fabian: No. I'm wondering if they've gotten it wrong about Joy being the Chosen One.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has some moments of this.
- Dumb Blonde: Averted. Nina has a good head on her shoulders.
- Foreign Exchange Student: Nina is from America.
- Genre Savvy: Shows shades of this in Season 1, becomes this fully by Season 2. She knows that when a clue is too easy it means Victor already solved it before they did.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Nina has dirty blonde hair and is one of the nicest people on the show. See the entry for Messianic Archetype.
- The Hero: She's the main character of the show as well as the Chosen One.
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: She and her friends were cursed, her grandmother was nearly killed off, she started hearing voices, saw ghosts, and was almost taken to the afterlife with an evil spirit, all because of her identity as the Chosen One.
- I See Dead People: She has this ability as the Chosen One. For instance, she could see and talk to Victor Rodenmaar, Sr., when she was trapped in the Sennet game. And she can see Senkhara. Though this isn't exactly a good thing.
- Just Friends: With Fabian.
- Kid Detective: Starts a whole group of them.
- Messianic Archetype: Nina being concerned about Victor's health when Senkhara threatens him pushes her into this territory. She takes it Up to Eleven in the finale, when she pleads with Rufus not to put on the Mask of Anubis and fights to prevent him from doing so. The whole time, she gives off the impression that she's worried about what will happen to him if he puts on the Mask. You can't get much more Messiah-like than being concerned about the well-being of a sociopath who would just as soon kill you as look at you.
- Nice Girl: She's one of the nicest people in the House.
- New Transfer Student: At the beginning of the series, she's the new student, just transferred from America.
- The Paragon: Nina is explicitly referred to as this during Season 2.
- Put on a Bus: In Season 3, due to Nathalia Ramos deciding to concentrate on her college studies.
- Scholarship Student: She came to the boarding school on a scholarship.
Portrayed by: Brad Kavanaugh
"Would you fancy a walk?"
A student in the House of Anubis who is nice to Nina right from the beginning.
- Adorkable: He is nerdy, shy and loved by plenty of girls both in and out of universe. Nina even calls him cute and "geek chic" in her diary.
- Berserk Button: Just try and harm any of his friends and Fabian will not be happy. Angry!Fabian is something else especially in the S3 premiere.
- Hurting or insulting Nina in front of Fabian is one of the very few ways to get him in a- sometimes violent- rage. It even worked when he was a soulless sinner.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fabian is often believed to be one of the nicest people in the house, as well as an Adorkable Extreme Doormat. But if you threaten or insult Nina in his presence, he will do everything from simply shout at you, to honestly trying to attack you physically.
- Book Worm: In his Establishing Character Moment, he's even seen reading a book on brain science. Additionally, he's arguably the smartest one of everyone in Sibuna.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Fabian. Despite the fact that he does much of the research and saved most of this friends from danger on numerous occasions, he has been continuously pushed around by everyone, most notably his own crush and (ex) girlfriend, Nina Martin. It gets to the point where he struggles to be more assertive and demand his respect for the things he does for the others, resulting in this one line:
Nina: (looking at the formerly lost artifact/cube Fabian brought back) Where did you find it?
Fabian: Jasper said he found it at the school. Good thing as well, other wise we might have lost it for good.
Nina: But how did it get from here to there?
Fabian: I... I don't know. (pauses) Why don't you ask the cube? Maybe it speaks and answers questions since you have so many!
Nina: (glares at Fabian)
Fabian: I...I'm sorry. It's back now... that's the important thing. You could have said thank you, at least.
- Extreme Doormat: He was this until the middle of season 2, when he Grew a Spine. He even began to call himself a pushover.
- Jerkass: Towards the end of Season 2 justified as his and all of his friends lives were at stake.
- Just Friends: With Nina.
- Kid Detective: As part of Sibuna, this is to be expected.
- Lovable Nerd
- Nice Guy: He's the nicest person to Nina right from the start of the series.
- No Respect Guy: Seriously even when he helps solve major clues Patricia still mocks the heck out of him. See the Dude, Where's My Respect? entry for more details.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Fabian gave us this little gem (after everyone teased him for being a nerd):
Fabian: So I'm a massive nerd. There's nothing wrong with that! It's geeks like me who invented the telephone, the internet, and basically all the things you couldn't live without...
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to both of his roommates', Lovable Jock Mick and Troubled, but Cute Eddie, Manly Men.
- Sore Loser: People think he's being this in "The Touchstone of Ra" when he tries to take the Valedictorian medal from Mara. He was being kind of a dick about it earlier, but the reason he wanted the medal was because wearing it would cause Mara to be sacrificed to Ra and Fabian was trying to keep her safe.
- The Smart Guy: He's the smartest of everyone officially in Sibuna. He also counts as The Lancer, a role that he shares with Patricia.
- Took a Level in Badass: Fabian was the nice guy who was also an extreme doormat. He eventually started becoming much more assertive, virtually attacking anyone who wrongs him or Nina and proving himself much tougher than he seemed at first. He even won the school dodgeball tournament against the rival team, who had obliterated the rest of his team before.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In the third season, having gotten over his Extreme Doormat phase, he got rather aggressive, to the point where he gave Joy an overly harsh rejection and caused her to quit Sibuna. He became MUCH worse as a sinner.
Portrayed by: Jade Ramsey
Joy's friend and former roommate. Patricia is suspicious of the circumstances under which Joy disappeared, especially since Joy left behind her cell phone and her favorite stuffed animal.
- Affectionate Nickname: Eddie calls Patricia "Yacker." This started as an insult, but took on a different meaning when they started dating.
- Alpha Bitch: Patricia fell into this at the beginning of season one; she bullied and played nasty tricks on Nina, assuming she had something to do with the disappearance of her best friend. However, it was a different variation, as the only two people who supported her were Jerome and Alfie, and they only joined her because of the humor value, and not out of actual malice, and they were horrified with everyone else when Patricia locked Nina in the attic. She got better quickly, and soon she and Nina became incredibly close friends and she joined Sibuna.
- Anti-Hero: Patricia has always meant well, but has a bunch of morally gray traits—extreme jealousy, Brutal Honesty, a bit of a Hair-Trigger Temper...she has also done a bunch of morally gray actions as well, mostly in the first season, where she had gone as far as locking Nina in the attic in order to try and get information about her best friend, who had gone missing. She's by no means a perfect person, but she does mean well.
- Badass in Distress: When Patricia gets kidnapped by the villain, she still manages to keep being the strong person she is and does everything she can to escape, from leaving a clue behind when she was taken to trying to knock out the villain. Despite this, it is her friends who end up rescuing her. (After two of them have to be saved themselves after a first failed rescue attempt, anyway.) Immediately following her rescue Patricia goes on to furiously blackmail one of the teachers into telling the secret about her missing friend.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Eddie.
- Berserk Button: Go ahead. Flirt with Eddie when Patricia's around. It won't end well.
- In season 1, not caring about Joy being in trouble or—heaven forbid—possibly having anything to do with Joy's disappearance will send Patricia on the warpath.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin' : Oh, Patricia. While other characters have gotten away with a couple of things (like Jerome getting away with blackmailing Mara), she gets in trouble for every bad action she does. The only times that she didn't get in trouble for something was when she dumps milk on Eddie, but that was only because everyone (even him) had already decided he deserved it, or the times when she was a sinner, due to the fact that she had no soul at the time. She even gets called out for things other characters do without repercussions, like yelling at people, or even gets people mad at her when she wasn't even causing trouble at all.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She is not happy about KT and Eddie spending time together.
- Conspiracy Theorist: She's the only one in the House to suspect that something wasn't right about Joy's disappearance, and that the teachers and the police were in on it. Unusually for this trope, she was right.
- Fiery Redhead: She has reddish hair and she's very short-tempered.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Played With. Patricia seems like she'd be the more down to Earth one, being the Deadpan Snarker and a bit more responsible than her rather emotional friends, while Piper seems like she'd be the naive and foolish one. However, when they actually interact, Patricia's impulsive and mischievous nature becomes much more obvious in comparison to her much calmer, nicer sister, making Piper the responsible one and Patricia the foolish one.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: It doesn't take much to make her angry.
- Heel-Face Turn: She's initially very hostile toward Nina, as she suspects Nina of being involved in Joy's disappearance, but she later realizes that she's wrong and apologizes for her behavior. However, it takes her several episodes to completely trust Nina.
- Jerk Ass: She's not particularly nice, especially in the first few episodes, when she suspects Nina of being involved in Joy's disappearance.
- Kid Detective: Expected, as she is a part of Sibuna, considering they all have to look for clues to find the treasure.
- The Lancer: Shares this role with Fabian. She's the Anti-Hero to Nina's Hero, and is the most independent member of Sibuna. She also fits this role in the third season Sibuna as well.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Patricia and Piper. Patricia is the bold, tomboyish, defiant and rude one; Piper is highly talented in piano, very sweet and polite, and much less inclined to make big moves out of fear of failure than her Determinator sister is. It's pretty obvious when you compare their crushes—Patricia likes Jerk with a Heart of Gold Eddie, while Piper likes the Nice Guy Class Clown Alfie.
- Tomboy: She's stubborn and Goth, never backs down from her problems, has a Hair-Trigger Temper, is brash and rude, and is often called a 'witch' by the other members in her House. Also, everyone else is afraid of her, she used to play sports, namely soccer, and in the movie, the only reason she wore a frilly pink dress was because Sophia thought Eddie would like it.
- In "House of Fronts/House of Keepers," she takes offense when Eddie implies that she might be too "ladylike" for American football.
Eddie: (before showing her how to play American football) You ready? This game is not for ladies.
Patricia: Uh, hey, I am not a lady.
Eddie: Yeah, you're right. (runs at her to tackle her, football-style)
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She is the Tomboy to all the other girls' Girly Girl. It's most obvious when she's compared with Amber and Joy, but one can still see it even when she's with Mara and Nina, who have their own tomboy qualities but remain much girlier than Patricia.
- One bit where the tomboyishness of Patricia as compared to the girliness of the other girls in the House of Anubis is really highlighted is after Amber leaves in Season 3 and KT suggests that they use Amber's clothes to give themselves makeovers. Joy and Mara are thrilled by this idea, but Patricia is annoyed by it.
Mara: (to Joy) What's the matter? Is it Fabian?
Joy: No, no. It's nothing. Just life stressing me out, I guess.
KT: I know how you feel. (to Mara) And you were having a tough time with Jerome, right?
Mara: Maybe a bit.
KT: You know what we need?
Patricia: A road trip to Mexico with the wind in our hair and the law on our tails!
Mara: (laughing) No!
KT: Since Amber left us all of her stuff, I figured...it's makeover o' clock! (Patricia groans) Come on! What have we got to lose? Might be fun.
Patricia: Or excruciating.
Joy: I'm in.
Mara: (squeals) Let's do this!
Joy: Come on, Patricia.
Joy: Come on, come on!
- Town Girls: The Butch to Nina's Neither and Amber's Femme.
- Tsundere: Type A toward Eddie. She admitted to liking Eddie to Joy, but whenever she tries to tell Eddie this, it comes out as an insult.
Joy: Just tell him you like him!
Patricia: I can't! I mean, I want to say, 'Eddie, I like you, I think you're cute' and all that stuff, but by the time it gets to here (points to her mouth) it comes out as, 'Get out of my face, Eddie, you freak!'
Joy: Yeah, you say that a lot...
Portrayed by: Ana Mulvoy Ten
"I'm a genius"
Another female student. Mick's girlfriend at the start of the series.
- Alpha Bitch: Amber also had shades of this while running against Mara in the school election, this time over the affection of Mick. They made up quickly enough when Amber managed to get over Mick and supported Mara in getting with him.
- The Big Girl: She's arguably the strongest of Sibuna.
- Book Dumb: She's not good at school.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Mick at first. She's not thrilled that Mara likes Mick and this causes a rift in their friendship. But she later helps Mick win Mara back when Mara breaks up with him because he bribed the vote counter to ensure that Mara won.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: She's usually got her head in the clouds and is a bit ditzy.
Alfred "Alfie" Lewis
Portrayed by: Alex Sawyer
"Why would anyone want to be subtle?"
Another student in the House of Anubis. He has a crush on Amber.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Alfie may be the Class Clown, but he's no pushover, as he has proven to be a useful presence in Sibuna- and if he is serious about something, you better not stand in his way. He yelled at Fabian and Patricia when they wanted to have breakfast instead of rescuing the currently-trapped Amber, and then later was the one standing up against Sinner!Fabian — to the point of pressing Fabian's Berserk Button and getting away with it.
- Butt Monkey: He's sometimes the butt of his friends jokes, has been pranked numerous times by his best friend, was locked in the cellar, nearly died from poisoning, de-aged/shrunk, was pushed around by his girlfriend, would have died at the end of season 1 if Fabian didn't switch the elixir, and the list goes on.
- The Chick: Shares this role with Joy.
- Class Clown: He goofs off and gets in trouble all the time.
- No Respect Guy: While bumbling he does help out the team in the search for insert-macguffin-here but either doesn't get much credit or isn't brought up again. Heck even when it's just being a good gesture regardless it's forgotten about quick.
- Obsessed with Food
Amber: Alfie, how could you possibly be eating at a time like this?
Alfie: I always eat when I'm scared. Or nervous. Or...happy, come to think of it.
Amber: Or any day with a 'y' in it...
- The Prankster: He and Jerome regularly pull pranks. Occasionally, it does get in the way of Sibuna, such as when he and Jerome decide to scare them when they're looking for clues in the cellar.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Jerk with a Heart of Gold Jerome.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His parents, particularly his father, look down on him so much that he tries so hard to impress them when they come over.
Portrayed by: Burkely Duffield
"I'm concussed and I can still see through your oh-so-clever code."
A new American student in Season 2. Seems to be a bit of a troublemaker, not to mention being ridiculously flirtatious.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Also with Patricia.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Starts off seeming like he's on the low end of the IQ scale, but then later reveals himself to speak fluent French, implying a certain level of intelligence. Most likely, the reason he doesn't post the same kind of grades as Mara is because he slacks off.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He appears in Season 2 as a new student from America and a Love Interest for Patricia, but in the season finale, he turns out to be the Osirian, counterpart and guardian to The Chosen One.
- The Chosen One: At the end of Season 2, he turns out to be The Osirian, the one destined to protect the descendant of Amneris.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Eddie is the symbolic darkness to Nina's light, but is still one of the good guys.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Disappeared Dad: His turned out to be Mr. Sweet, the school's headmaster.
- Foreign Exchange Student: Eddie is from America.
- Genre Savvy: In his first appearance he knew Jerome was playing a prank on him within seconds. Rivals with Nina as to how smart he is.
- Hidden Depths: He's fluent in French.
- Jerk Ass: Even Patricia considers him a jerk, and that's saying something.
- New Transfer Student: He transfers to the school in the second season.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to Adorkable Extreme Doormat Fabian's Sensitive Guy.
- Tsundere: Pretty heavy on the Tsun toward Patricia. Eddie refers to being deredere towards Patricia as "lowering his force field" when he's trying to get Patricia to admit her feelings towards him. When she stays tsuntsun, he vwooshes it back up.
Portrayed by: Alexandra Shipp
A new student in Season 3. She takes Nina's old room when Nina doesn't return.
- Foreign Exchange Student: She's from the United States.
- New Transfer Student: She's the new student along with Willow at the beginning of Season 3.
- Sassy Black Girl: She comes off as being a bit on the snarky side. Then again, so was Nina.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: For Nina. Both are Americans who lived with elderly relatives before coming to Anubis House, both are set to solve a mystery having to do with the house, both get on Patricia's bad side during their first day.
Portrayed by: Bobby Lockwood
Student in the House of Anubis and Amber's boyfriend. Likes sports.
- Demoted to Extra: His Love Triangle plot with Amber and Mara was a focus in Season 1, but he's not as much of a focus in season 2. He's even gone for half of the second season!
- Dumb Jock: He's...not the brightest at school, let's just say that. Unfortunately, his father wants him to become a doctor...
- Dumb Muscle: He's strong but kinda dull.
- Dumb Blonde: Not as much as Amber though...
Portrayed by: Tasie Dhanraj
"You're not rotten"
Amber's best friend, but there's some romantic tension between Mara and Mick.
- Adorkable: She's the smartest person in the House and is rather pretty, and gets pretty adorable when she's happy about something.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her actress is half Guyanese.
- Brainy Brunette: She's the smartest in the House of Anubis, and has brown hair.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments.
Mara: Amber, you're supposed to be helping me do the dishes.
Amber: But I hate doing the dishes, the water makes my hands all wrinkly.
Mara: I know. If only there were some sort of glove, made of rubber, that could protect your hands from water.
- Demoted to Extra: She doesn't play as prominent of a role in Season 2.
- Eleventh Hour Ranger: Joins Sibuna in "Touchstone of Ra" so they can make use of her smarts.
- Heel-Face Turn: Well, not in the traditional sense. She over hears Mick saying semi-hurtful things about her and goes all Hot-but-Bitchy Mean Girl for a couple episodes. She even tries to get a teacher fired when said teacher was helping Mick get an athletic scholarship.
- Lovable Nerd
- Opposites Attract: First with Mick (when they're together, people refer to them as "the mathlete and the athlete"), then with resident Manipulative Bastard and Jerk with a Heart of Gold Jerome.
- TheSmart Girl: See Brainy Brunette.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Her first time was in the middle of the first season, when she was angry at Mick calling her boring and re-invented herself for a few days, becoming much ruder and more careless. She also tried to expel him. In the third season, though, it was Jerome cheating on her that made her grow into a jerkass, doing whatever she can to get revenge on him. It was fine at first, but then she decided to have Joy pretend to fall in love with him, then break his heart in front of the school. After finding out Joy really did fall for Jerome, she flipped, and turned on her. Only in the end did she calm down and become a better friend. However, this was somewhat justified, as she still had feelings for Jerome and was really heartbroken, and felt betrayed by Joy.
Portrayed by: Eugene Simon
"Team Clarke: 1. Rest of the world: 0!"
Male student in the House of Anubis. Seems to enjoy causing chaos.
Portrayed by: Klariza Clayton
A student who is called away from the school under odd circumstances. Her disappearance is a major part of the plot in Season 1.
- Alpha Bitch: Joy had shades of this in season two when she rivaled Nina for Fabian's attentions. However, nobody supported her in her worst actions, not even Patricia. She also managed to be sympathetic, having deep insecurities and honestly feeling replaced by Nina since she had been gone the year before. In the end, she joined Sibuna to help Nina, and got over her meaner traits.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her actress is half Filipina.
- Anti-Hero: In the second season, she was relentless in trying to win Fabian's affections, which meant hurting Nina. She did this by trying to win his sympathies, trick him into kissing her, and then trying to get Nina to leave the school. All of these merely ended up making her hated by Fabian. Then she went on to hurt her other friends as well, despite those friends trying to help her with her problems. By the end, however, she ended up helping Sibuna and saving the lives of both Nina and Fabian, implying that she would have been a fine person if she hadn't felt rejected. In the third season, she was the one of the first to learn about Jerome cheating on Mara with Willow, and at first rightfully attempted to make him tell the truth. Once the truth was out, she tried to help Mara get her revenge- which meant pretending to have feelings for Jerome, getting him to like her back, and then dumping him in front of the entire school. It worked, but she eventually fell for him too, and he found out and dumped her instead. During all of this, she remained a hero for her sympathetic storyline, but her actions- which were being done for a good reason, but just weren't very nice, as well as the fact that she went along with Mara's plan to the end despite knowing it was a cruel trick- puts her into the anti-hero zone.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: To Fabian in Season 2.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Joy went through a phase of this during the beginning of season 3, when she was trying to get over Fabian and re-invent herself, and found Mara and Willow's sympathy to be annoying.
- Freudian Excuse: Joy manipulating Fabian, posting horrible slander about Nina on the school website to ruin her image and try to make her leave the school, and committing plagiarism are all due to her excuse of thinking Nina has stolen everything from her. Subverted from an In-Universe perspective though: She tries to invoke it to justify her behavior, but none of her friends are buying it.
- Insane Troll Logic: Claims that Nina "stole" Fabian from her, even though she and Fabian were never dating.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: In the Season Finale, when she encourages Fabian to go be with Nina.
- Jerk Ass: Most of her actions in Season 2 grant her this title. She eventually gets over it. See Took a Level in Jerkass for details.
- Taking the Bullet: Protects Fabian from a Senkahra-possessed Nina this way.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Joy has been acting like a colossal Jerkass in Season 2, capped off with writing a vicious attack article about Nina all because of jealousy over the fact that Fabian loves Nina and not her. (In her words, Nina has "stolen her boyfriend" even though she and Fabian were never dating.) If we're to believe Patricia and Fabian, this isn't the way that the Joy they know and love typically acts.
- Though she has gotten called out on it, by Amber, Jerome and Eddie in front of their entire class, and even Patricia thinks Joy can't continue to re-use her excuse of having been kidnapped last term as to why everyone's so out of sync with her.
Portrayed by: Louisa Connolly-Burnham
A new to season 3 character from Isis House who soon transfers to Anubis.
Victor Rodenmaar Jr. (portrayed by Francis Magee)
Portrayed by: Francis Magee
The guy in charge of the House of Anubis. Definitely creepy and definitely up to something.
Jason Winkler (portrayed by Jack Donolly)
The new, handsome teacher at the school who catches the eye of the every female in-universe and out. He's suspicious of Joy's disappearance and also seeks to find out the truth. He joins up with Patricia but parts to join in Victor's Society.
- Ill Boy: He has a rare degenerative disease which his reason for siding with Victor.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: While he doesn't trick Patricia into giving info he does part ways with her to join Victor's side. Doesn't make him evil all of a sudden though.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Doesn't return in Season 2 leading many to assume he died in between. Ouch.
Sarah Frobisher-Smythe (portrayed by Rita Davies)
An old woman who claims to have lived in the House of Anubis. She gives Nina a locket which seems to have some power over the house.
- Mysterious Waif: A rare elderly example; she has a connection with the villain, gives the protagonist vague, cryptic advice and a mysterious trinket to assist her in her journey and captivates said protagonist with her odd and puzzling ways.
WARNING: The villains for HOA are almost always a surprise in the series and reading this can lead to the season being spoiled.
portrayed by Roger Barclay
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Pretends to help Patricia to serve his own selfish needs.
- Bigger Bad: Compared to Victor.
- Eviler Than Thou: Again, compared to Victor.
- Evil Wears Black: He wears the same black coat, black turtle neck and black pants in virtually all his appearances.
- Faking the Dead: Once prior to the beginning of the series, then again in Season 2.
- Fallen Hero: He was Sarah's Osirian.
- A God Am I: At the end of Season 2, but he doesn't get a lot of time to rant about his godliness.
- Karmic Death: If he hadn't put the Mask of Anubis on, he wouldn't be in Egyptian hell right now. Victor actually invoked this by trying to convince Nina to let him wear the mask.
- Killed Off for Real: He is dragged off to Egyptian hell along with Senkhara because he tried wearing the mask and was not "pure of heart."
- Older Than They Look: He's as old as Victor and Sarah, but he doesn't look it.
Harriet/Caroline Denby (portrayed by Susey Kane)
The new history teacher who may know more than she leads on. She's actually "The Keeper". The one who holds "The Sleeper" awaiting the day of the eclipse to perform the ritual to revive Robert Frobisher-Smythe.
Robert Frobisher-Smythe (portrayed by John Sackville)
Sarah's thought-to-be dead father. He was stricken with an egyptian sleep-ness curse and put into a capsule waiting to be awakened. He returns an evil man trying to bring in a Dark God into the world by way of ritual.