Characters: Ashita no Nadja
The character sheet for Ashita no Nadja
open/close all folders
Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu
(Japanese), Mariana Ortiz (Latin-American Spanish)
George "Leader" Haskill
Anna "Grandmother" Petrova
Voiced by: Hisako Kyoda
(Japanese), Magda Giner (Latin-American Spanish)
- Eyes Always Shut: Only once she opens them
- Nice Hat: She makes a sort-of living out of making those alongside being a member of the Dandelion Troupe.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: Tiny, tiny lady and the oldest of the group
- Team Mom: She's the one who keeps the finances of the group in order, as clearly seen in the Paris episode.
- Textile Work Is Feminine: Aside of making hats, she's a great seamstress who teaches Nadja to use a sewing machine so she can make her own dresses. She's so good that she takes Colette's completely torn Pimped-Out Dress and manages to sew the top into a new white gown.
Voiced by: Fumiko Orikasa
(Japanese), Anna Patricia Anides (Latin-American Spanish)
Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio
(Japanese), Emmanuel Rivas (Latin-American Spanish)
Voiced by: Takumi Yamazaki
(Japanese), Roberto Mendiola (Latin-American Spanish)
- Break the Cutie: His Tear Jerker of a backstory. He used to be the doctor of a small German village, but resorted to unfollow orders and steal medicine and supplies when a very serious illness broke out in the town and one of the victims was his son. Not only he was jailed, but said son was left in a wheelchair and his wife, despite still caring for him, left the place with said son. Once he was released from jail, he saw the Dandelion Troupe and joined it.
- Sad Clown
- Team Dad: Less of a leader than George, but is very cultured and smart and he's always ready to give advice.
Voiced by: Ikue Otani
(Japanese), Circe Luna (Latin-American Spanish)
Voiced by: Reiko Kiuchi
(Japanese), Claudio Velásquez (Latin-American Spanish)
Cream and Chocolate
- Cool Old Lady
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Or better said, a shelf.
- Parental Substitute
- Secret Keeper: As a friend of one of the Premingers's retainers, Miss Applefield knew more than one detail about Nadja's origins though it's not clear how much. She did know that Colette was an Ill Girl not expected to live for long, but didn't seem to know who she exactly was, nor that she ultimately lived through (at least until she got the letter).
- Team Mom
Voiced by: Rumi Shishido
(Japanese), Karla Falcón (Latin-American Spanish)
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: When a Shrinking Violet snaps... snap she does.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Body Double: For Nadja.
- Break the Cutie: Again — when a Shrinking Violet snaps, she massively does
- Cain and Abel: Friends version, the Cain to Nadja's Abel
- Changeling Fantasy: She longs to be a princess.
- Creepy Child
- Cute and Psycho: A more understated type of psycho, but still psycho.
- Cute Is Evil
- Dragon-in-Chief: To Hermann. And she turns out to be the smartest one, even.
- Evil Genius: Surprisingly!
- Evil Laugh: Has one at the end of one episode.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: When first formally introduced.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Actually, Rosemary was clearly seen in the first episode and in the background of almost all the Applefield orphanage flashbacks. We just didn't know that her and Nadja's bond was deeper than that.
- Graceful Loser: When she's definitely defeated, she aknowledges it without protest.
- Heartwarming Orphan: What she is at the start.
- Jerk Ass: Towards pretty much everybody who she isn't faking innocence towards post-freak out.
- Karma Houdini
- Kick the Dog: REPEATEDLY. The biggest moment comes when she rips Nadja's Pimped-Out Dress, knowing that it's her favorite out of Colette's prized possessions
- Lack of Empathy / It's All About Me
- Mad Love: Towards Fernando, before she drops it because she's too good for him.
- Manipulative Bitch: And HOW. She even becomes a Chess Mistress, able to checkmate Hermann.
- Meido: For the Gonzalez family. Including a crush on Spoiled Brat Fernando.
- Moral Myopia: She's honestly the heroine in her own mind, even when she's behaving so blatantly sadistic and villainous.
- Naïve Everygirl
- Noble Demon: Becomes one by the end.
- Pet the Dog: Her words of advice towards Nadja before she departs from the mansion, leaving her on good terms even.
- Plucky Girl: Her evil plans to become a princess failed in the end? Pfft, the life of nobility was boring and restrictive anyway. So she vows to move foreward and work hard to earn her happy ending, becoming a princess on her own terms.
- Psychotic Smirk: She's good at it.◊
- Shrinking Violet: At first.
- Spanner in the Works: Her own plans often clash with Hermann's schemes, and he clearly didn't expect her to be Genre Savvy enough to point this out and add that she would betray him if he tried to discard her.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Nadja's Tomboy.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Rosemary was genuinely nice as a little girl and in her first days as the Gonzalez's Meido. At least until she mentally collapsed and had her Face-Heel Turn.
Voiced by: Reiko Yasuhara
(Japanese), Diana Pèrez (Latin-American Spanish)
Voiced by: Issei Futamata (Japanese)
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
(Japanese), Oscar Flores (Latin American Spanish)
- Always Someone Better: Always saw himself as inferior to his more assertive twin brother Keith.
- Deconstructed Trope: How many Rich People tropes are smashed to pieces through this guy?
- Hidden Depths: At first, we see him as the kind, gentle and apparently bland Love Interest to Nadja. He turns out to be very complex underneath.
- Nice Guy: He is a genuinely good guy, but yea.
- Twin Switch: Tries to pull one when he refuses to say that he's not Black Rose and is willing to go to jail for him, since BR is actually his older brother Keith. Keith himself is very disturbed by the idea, as he remembers that Francis often covered up for his pranks when they were kids and recognizes the very unhealthy patterns immediately.
- Rebel Prince: All we know is that he walked out on the family after the death of the Countess aka his and Francis's mother.
- Walking Spoiler: And if you want to know who he actualy is, see Black Rose
- Nice Hat: She loves those, and thus she often asks Grandma Anna to make her some
- Parental Substitute: When her older sister aka the mom of Francis and Keith died, she helped raise the kids.
Other noble people
Voiced by: Miki Itō
(Japanese), Laura Ayala (Latin American Spanish)
- Shipper on Deck: Subverted, she does NOT tell Nadja to go for one love interest over another. She just says "choose the guy YOU want for yourself, NOT the one you feel obligued to like back!"
Voiced by: Fuuko Misaki (Japanese), Diana Pérez (Latin American Spanish)
- Brutal Honesty: She never sugarcoats her words
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Yes, she's proud and rather snobbish. But she truly loves Francis, never lies to Nadja and even supports her claims, and once she sees that Francis does love Nadja, she quietly leaves.
- Nice Hat: Often wears a very cute blue one
- True Blue Femininity: Her most usual dress is a light blue one
- Shipper on Deck: As the pragmatic person she is, she ships Nadja with Keith so she will be out of the race for Francis's affections.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Tearfully snaps on Nadja when Francis is imprisoned and she can't convince him to reveal that he's not Keith.
- Gold Digger: Despite being very rich already, he's hinted to be at first interested in Julietta solely because of her Blue Blood. Julietta herself seems to be scared of him, and Nadja immediately calls him out on it.
- Jerk Ass <- -> Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Loan Shark: All but stated to be this, if not bordering on Corrupt Corporate Executive. it turns out to be vital, as one of the people who owe him money? Hermann Preminger.
- Self-Made Man: From an orphan who helped his mother to survive in the canals of Venice, to a very rich tycoon
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Was rather sweet and nice a a boy, but his heart hardened as he learned to survive in the outside world.
Raphael the Troubadour
Voiced by: Youta Mochizuki (Japanese), Rafael Rivera (Latin American Spanish)
The Black Rose Thief aka Keith Harcourt
Rosso and Bianco