Tear Jerker: Ashita no Nadja
- The second half of episode 8 in Ashita no Nadja, which deals with Raphael's backstory. Told to Nadja by Sylvie, who deeply and selflessly love Raphael but can't tell him because he's still grieving over his ead first wife. And Nadja actually aknowledging that love isn't only joy and happiness... Ouch, so sad.
- Despite how random it is, Jose's death qualifies, especially since Nadja never even learns about it.
- Rosemary's Freak Out over the apparent destruction of her dreams. Now, she goes on to squander the audience sympathy, but the sympathy is present during this particular scene.
- Similarly, Marianne's tears as it finally sinks in that she's the Unlucky Childhood Friend are very genuine, and even the haters who bashed her for interferring with their OTP couldn't hold it against her.
- And practically every single episode in the more character-driven last arc, where Nadja has to fight damn hard to undo Rosemary's Batman Gambit and reclaim her right to see her mother. I cried every single damn one.