- Complete Monster:
- Dr. Mechadoc (renamed Dr. Mechard), while initially appearing to be working under Bagura, is actually far more sinister. Bitter at Bagura for stealing his work, even when Bagura told him it didn't work, he had been plotting behind the scenes to overthrow him, and ultimately, he planned to use his work to cause two planets to collide, which would kill an unimaginable amount of people. Despite seemingly being The Dragon, he usurps the role from Bagura of Big Bad and is one of the few characters in Jetters with no redeeming qualities to speak of.
- MAX, Mechard's final creation and also known as MA-10, manages to be nearly as bad as his creator. Willingly going along with his plan of colliding two planets, killing millions of people, he develops a strong hatred and rivalry to one of Mechard's old prototypes, MA-0. This comes to a head at the end of the series, where he abandons his creator to kill Zero. At the end of this fight, MAX performs his worst deed of his own accord: once he and Zero are dying, he writes his own data into Zero so he can hijack Zero's body, forcing Shirobon to kill Zero, one of his friends, to permanently eliminate MAX. Despite not coming close to Mechard in his resources, he makes a name for himself in the series and manages to be nearly as vile.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Birdy has a LOT of fans for his cool design and combining a cool nature with being a warm surrogate big brother to Bomberman.
- On the villain side, Dolphin Bomber is the most well-liked of the Combined Bombers for her fun personality, being just plain ridiculous, and for... two other reasons.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Episode 32, regarding Pui: So, your friend abandons you because he thinks you aren't cool enough anymore? Is he unjustly judging you because of something superficial? No, this is obviously all your fault. You should therefore do everything in your power to make your shame go away and pray that he is able to forgive you. And if he does, don't even bother bringing up his questionable values afterwards. After all, you're just an awkward man.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: Mujoe's theme is very similar to the Seinfeld theme.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Zero is by all standards MAX from the games, to such a degree fans wonder why they didnt just keep MAX the same and make Zero the villain.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: MAX's In Name Only portayal tends to be the most often criticized aspect.
- The Scrappy / Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Many fans often cant stand how selfish and stupid Bomberman is early on, but many also completely forgive his earlier brattiness when his Character Development kicks in and when he starts going through A LOT of tragedy.
The Bomberman Jetters Videogame:
- Annoying Video-Game Helper: Your team never stops. Shout is the worst offender.
- Character Rerailment: The game puts MAX back on the heroes' side and acts as if he were never a villain to begin with. Bomberman himself is also more competent and less of a brat.
- Macekre: The English version of the game has terrible voice acting and localization, though some would say it's
- So Bad, It's Good: The voice acting can be this at times, especially with "Superhero Birdy", Japanese-stereotype Gangu, the extremely bored-sounding Max, and Thunder Bomber. Some say however, that Momo in Bomber Mansion mode is voiced surprisingly well in comparison.