Thomas Carter (born September 18, 1974) is a retired American Professional Wrestler and trainer from Mount Holly, New Jersey who competed from the 1990s until 2010 as Reckless Youth. He was a major figure in the independent scene, competing heavily in the Mid-Atlantic area alongside Devon Storm, Ace Darling and Lance Diamond. Along with Mike Quackenbush, he was one of the founders of CHIKARA in 2002. Among his in-ring achievements, he is a 2x NWA North American Heavyweight Champion, a former ECWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion and a former MCW (Maryland) Cruiserweight Champion. He retired in 2007 and presently works as an accountant.
You can find the basics at Wikipedia.
- Arch-Enemy: The Kings of Wrestling
- Badass Teacher: He was one of the original trainers at the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory, and helped train Hallowicked, UltraMantis Black, Gran Akuma and Icarus, among others.
- The Cameo: Defeated Super Nova at ECW's December 26, 1998 show.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin'': Successfully defended his HCW Heavyweight Title against Christian York by pinning York with his feet on the ropes. After the match, the special enforcer the Warlord was told about how Reckless Youth won.. and chokeslammed him for it.
- Commuting on a Bus: Competed for CHIKARA regularly in 2002-2003, was absent for 2004, came back in 2005 and left after three appearances in 2006.
- Cool Crown: From his time in the ECWA, as seen here◊.
- Finishing Move: Northern Lights 2K1 (Cross-legged Fisherman's Buster), Stretch Plum
- Gimmick Matches:
- Don Montoya d. Reckless Youth in a Street Fight at CWF's (Championship Wrestling Federation in Michigan) April 26, 1997 show.
- Debuted for Great Lakes Wrestling in a ladder match against Steve Nixon.
- He's Back: He was among the many past and present CHIKARA wrestlers who gathered around ringside during the CHIKARA Grand Championship 12 Large: Summit Tournament Final between Mike Quackenbush and Eddie Kingston at CHIKARA High Noon on November 13, 2011.
- I Have Many Names: Started his career under the name Silver Wings.
- It Amused Me: The main event of CHIKARA The Second Show, May 31, 2002, was the Black T-Shirt Squad (Quack/Reckless/Montoya) vs. the Night Shift (Blind Rage/Hallowicked/Ichabod Slayne [Icarus]), which is the second disc in the two-DVD set CHIKARA The Renaissance Dawns. At one point, Reckless is doing the waterpump spot to Hallowicked's arm. On the DVD Commentary track, Quackenbush noted that sometimes Reckless did things to entertain the fans and sometimes he did things to entertain himself.
- The Lancer: To Mike Quackenbush
- Last of His Kind: Won the GLW (Great Lakes Wrestling) Heavyweight Title in the final match of the promotion's final show.
- Meaningful Rename: Starting in 2003, he competed on and off for Ring of Honor, CZW, Pro Wrestling Unplugged and NWA Pro Wrestling as "Technician" Tom Carter.
- Mêlée à Trois: Defeated Ric Blade and White Lotus at CZW Pain in the Rain on October 9, 1999.
- Red Baron: "The King of the Independents"
- Third-Person Person: He talks this way in this promo before his match with ICW/ICWA Tex-Arkana Television Champion "Sweet 'N' Sour" Larry Sweeney at CHIKARA Son of the International Invasion of the International Invaders Night II, September 17, 2005, saying, "Reckless doesn't care."
- Tonight in This Very Ring: After the Night Shift defeated the Black T-Shirt Squad at The Second Show (see It Amused Me above), the Squad tried to continue the fight. That ended when it was announced that the Athletic Commission wouldn't let them continue the show past a certain time. Reckless announced that next week, in that very ring, they would face the Night Shift in singles matches.