Nick Gage is a Professional Wrestler best known for his work in various independent promotions, most notably for CZW, BJW, and GCW. He got his start as one of the CZW originals, being notable for appearing on every card for the company right up until 2010... when he was arrested for bank robbery, and spent 5 years in prison. This did little to actually stop his career, as he simply moved on to GCW in 2015, where he became their longest reigning Heavyweight Champion at 722 days. He became so popular and reknowed for his bloodthirsty and over-the-top battles in GCW that they began running a special deathmatch tournament called the Nick Gage Invitational. He was inducted into the CZW hall of fame in 2009, and was honored by Sports Illustrated in 2019 as being in their top 10 wrestlers of the year.
Nick Gage has held almost every belt CZW had to offer in the 2000's: A 4-time CZW Heavyweight Champion, a 2-time CZW Iron Man Champion, a 4-time CZW World Tag Team Champion, a CZW Ultraviolent Underground champion, and winner of the 2006 Tournament of Death. He's also been GCW World Heavyweight Champion, BJW Tag Team Champion, and AIW Tag Team Champion.
These Tropes are MDK:
- The Ace: In GCW, as he held the title for almost 2 straight years.
- Arch-Enemy: In early-CZW, it was his former tag team partner Nick Hatred. In GCW, Matt Tremont definitely has held more than a little bit of a grudge.
- Audience Participation: Has become a master of it; often asking fans to hold up their chairs so he can run his opponent into them, or polling them for weapons in real time.
- Bald of Awesome: Something that has been exploited by his opponent's in deathmatches.
- Blood Knight: He will fight tooth and nail against practically anybody you throw him up against. And it will be a bloodbath.
- Blood-Splattered Warrior: See the pic. It's arguably harder to find photos of him not coated in his and his opponent's own blood.
- Came Back Strong: Briefly dying in a helicopter and being convicted as a bank robber only added to his legacy. He did note that being in prison gave him plenty of time to get ready to come back.
- Catchphrase: MDK.
- Phrase Catcher: Usually decides who is and who is not MDK. It is not an especially exclusive club.
- Determinator: Almost bled out, had to be airlifted away from the area, and goddamn died in the helicopter at Tournament of Death 5. He was able to "brawl" to the back and cut a quick promo before getting into the helicopter...and was back for the next CZW show. If death couldn't stop him, what makes you think you can?
- Garbage Wrestler: Arguably the most successful and most over garbage wrestler of the 2000's and 2010's, though it helps that he does have some in-ring acumen.
- Letters 2 Numbers: H8 Club certainly fits that bill.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Nick Gage has routinely been noted by industry folk and fans as being nothing but extremely cordial, nice, and grateful to his fans who helped keep up his spirits when he was at his lowest point, and went out of his way to praise the success of his former CZW alumni like Jon Moxley.
- Precision F-Strike: He is almost universally announced as coming to the ring as "Nick FUCKING Gage".
- Promoted Fanboy: Was a massive ECW fan back in the 90's and arguably helped fill the same niche for blood when he started in CZW.
- Prisons Are Gymnasiums: He was somewhat pudgy in CZW, but thinned out as his career continued on by 2015, he came back to wrestling in fantastic shape after his incarceration, spurred on by the conviction to walk out ready to go.
- Sibling Team: One popular iteration of H8 club was him and his real-life brother, Justice Pain, until Pain's tragic death in 2020.
- White Gang-Bangers: Post-Prison sentence, obviously. Though thankfully he's shifted his gang affiliation to his own Gang which largely consists of wrestlers he likes and his adoring fans.