In this Gothic-inspired universe, Mickey Mouse is reworked as a vampire called Count Michelu "Mickey" Dragul. Mickey is feared throughout his country and is the last scion of a long line of bloodthirsty vampires. But he is different. He is nice, and has been struggling his whole life, in the loneliness of his castle, with his dark urges. When traveler Mina Murray (this series' version of Minnie Mouse), the adopted daughter of merchant Scrooge McDuck, finds herself alone in the middle of his lands, he saves her from local bandits and invites her to stay in his castle. McDuck, terrified that his daughter has fallen prey to the "monstrous hellspawn", sends vampire hunter Oswald Abraham Van Helsing (Oswald the Lucky Rabbit) in Transylvania to look for her.
Also appearing throughout the series are other characters from various dark-inclined Disney properties, such as Peg-Leg Pete (now a cyborg), the Mad Doctor (a vicious vampire hunter who slaughtered Mickey's family), various ghosts from the Haunted Mansion (who now reside in Count Mickey's castle), Chernabog and Maleficent.
As of 2016, the three main story arcs are The Count Mickey Dragul, Bald Mountain and Phantom Manor. For a while, twisted-wind issued concept art for what would allegedly be the next story arc, featuring grimdark reimaginings of characters from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pinocchio, but it was eventually cancelled; more recently, she put up the few first pages of The Count and the Maiden, a midquel of the first story detailing what happened between the day Mina and Mickey first met and Oswald Van Helsing's arrival. There are also several Recursive Fanfiction, unfortunately written in Italian.
The Count Mickey Dragul series provides examples of (beware, spoilers will be unmarked):
- Ascended to a Higher Plane of Existence: Emily De Claire, the Haunted Mansion's Beating Heart Bride, after her death is avenged by Oswald. What it means exactly is left ambiguous: maybe she's been sent to some version of Heaven, or maybe she will be reincarnated. In light of the latter option, Mickey and Mina agree to name their first child Emily.
- Darker and Edgier: Oh so much. Blood and death abound, as do mentions of Hell and eternal damnation; and though it never gets in NSFW territory in that regardnote , the series does have a fair share of sexual innudendos that would never fly past Disney's Moral Guardians.
- Fallen Angel: Chernabog is confirmed to be this, quite literally. He fell from the heavens and landed on top of Bald Mountain, where he has stayed ever since.
- Hemo Erotic: Naturally enough, vampires are this, which is why it's very hard for Mickey to resist his urge to bite Mina.
- Holy Burns Evil: Numerous Dark creatures serving Chernabog are fended off with crosses in Bald Mountain.
- I Love You, Vampire Son: Mickey didn't want to turn Mina into a vampire at first, but eventually does so when she's about to die of injuries that will surely kill her as a mortal, but would be recoverable for a vampire. He doesn't have her consent at that point, but she doesn't mind too much when she wakes up as a vampire.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The vampire curse is hereditary, and Mickey also has several Dark-inclined powers, such as a sort of Force-like ability to knock out his enemeies and to conjure himself giant bat wings made of black smokes.
- Romantic Vampire Boy: Count Mickey is one, especially in the first story.
- Staking the Loved One: After Mina finds out "her Mickey"'s true nature, she threatens to do this with a sword. However, he manages to convince her, in one of the biggest Tear Jerkers in the series, that it wasn't an act and he truly does love her.
- Vampire Hunter: Oswald "Ozzie" Abraham Van Helsing is a monster hunter in general and a vampire hunter in particular, though he ends up becoming a friend of Mickey after the first story. Much less moral is the unnamed cyborg vampire hunter based on the Mad Doctor, who slaughtered Mickey's family.
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: The aforementioned Mad Doctor-inspired vampire hunter. Seems like Judge Frollo would also have taken this kind of role in the cancelled story arc.
- Warm Blood Bags Are Everywhere: It's very hard for Mickey not to bite Mina at first.
- Weakened by the Light: Mickey can be severely burnt if directly exposed to sunlight, although not actually burst into flames. Because of this, whenever he has to go out in the day, he usually wears sunglasses and heavy clothing and carries an umbrella, which looks every bit as comical as you think it does.