Jane is a young woman who wants to see the universe, so she decides to join Captain Amelia's crew as a map artist. The two end up slowly falling in love, but Jane's Dark and Troubled Past comes back to haunt them when her abusive ex-boyfriend Thrax (Osmosis Jones) catches up to their ship.
This video provides examples of:
- Adaptation Species Change: Thrax is presumably an alien. In the original film, he was a humanoid virus.
- Chekhov's Gun: During the raid by Thrax and his pirates, Amelia gives Jane a gun to protect herself as they escape to the cellar. Later, when Thrax confronts them in the cellar, Jane uses the gun to set off gunpowder to kill them both.
- Crossover Couple: Jane and Amelia are from two separate Disney properties.
- Domestic Abuse: Jane ran off and left her abusive lover Thrax. He ends up following her.
- Exactly What I Aimed At: Jane shakily aims her gun at Thrax. Thrax doesn't take it seriously, viewing her as too weak to use it properly, until he turns around and realizes she's aiming at the crates of gunpowder behind him.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Thrax lethally slashes at Amelia. The result isn't seen and we're only shown blood splashing on the walls.
- Interspecies Romance:
- There's the human Jane with the feline alien Amelia.
- Jane had a past relationship with Thrax, who may-or-may-not be an alien in the narrative.
- Recursive Fanfiction: The video has inspired two separate novelizations: this one is a oneshot while this one is an incomplete one-chapter fanfic.
- Sleeping with the Boss: Amelia hired Jane to work with her, but they ended up falling in love.
- Taking You with Me: Jane uses the gun Amelia gave her earlier to protect herself to shoot at the crates of gunpowder behind Thrax, causing the both of them to die in the explosion.
- Together in Death: Amelia and Jane both die, but they end up together in heaven.