John the Hellhound is a fanvid manipulation by SilentMan.
In June of 1915, John W. Lewis was a scientist in Amestris who got approval from Fuhrer King Bradley to carry out a series of secret medical experiments regarding the human body. At the same time, a serial killer is loose in Central City, with his victims disappearing without a trace or their bodies being found horrifically mutilated. It's not a coincidence.
Tropes in this fanvideo include:
- Adaptation Name Change: Ed/Hohenheim is instead known as the titular John.
- Adaptational Heroism: King Bradley isn't evil in this narrative, or at least not as badly as he is in the source material.
- Adaptational Villainy: Ed/Hohenheim is evil.
- All for Nothing: Subverted. Though Roy and his team are killed by John (except for Jean and possibly others), their efforts were not in vain, as their investigation still helps subsequent investigators discover the identity of the serial killer.
- Apocalypse How: City-scope. Central City falls into chaos after John's mannequin soldiers attack, with countless lives horrifically killed and widespread destruction as well as the death of Fuhrer Bradley and the defeat of the military. However, the city eventually recovers... for now.
- Composite Character: Edward Elric and Van Hohenheim represent John at different ages, even though they are son and father in the source material. In the end, Father is also composited into John.
- The End... Or Is It?: The ending reveals that Central City eventually got back on its feet after the attack... but the camera pulls underground to reveal that John is still alive and well and likely still has further plans to carry out...
- Faking the Dead: After John is caught, it is revealed in a newspaper that Jean's death was faked.
- For Science!: John's motivation for his experiments. He also has a sadistic urge to satisfy.
- Hero Antagonist: Mustang and his crew. John ends up killing them all in a short time for attempting to investigate him.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: John becomes known as Mr. Hellhound after his serial killer tendencies are discovered.
- Oh, Crap!: Mustang and his crew when they come across a corpse and a bloody message on the wall while trying to look for leads on the serial killer. It reads, "GOTCHA". The entire crew is killed off one by one in the next scene.
- Time Skip:
- John escapes from prison and doesn't emerge until decades later in September 1940.
- Another one happens in the end after Central City is destroyed. Many years later, in modern day, an old but still powerful John still waits underground, patiently waiting for the day he plans to return...
- Villain Protagonist: John.