Fantendo Pokémon Showdown is a Pokémon tournament held on Fantendo, Round 1 started in May 9, 2013, but it went into hiatus and thus ended early. Round 2 started in January 14, 2014, with new players joining in. The tournament uses Smogon's battle simulator, Pokémon Showdown.
This tournament provides some examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Both the first and second rounds ended earlier than it should and they didn't ended properly.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The best example is Locky and Qyzxf's rematch. Subverted because it lasted over 130 turns, but it was still very lop-sided.
- Another good example is Pablo vs. Fandro, Fandro starts killing every Pokémon on Pablo's team... until he meets the Red Baroness (Mega Scizor), then Pablo managed to defeat Fandro's entire team using only one Pokémon. Curb-stomp battle indeed.
- Eldritch Abomination: Qyzxf's Shuckle.
- Overly Long Gag: Or Overly Long Battle. The rematch battle between Locky and Qyzxf lasted for 132 turns. That, because of Qyzxf's Shuckle. (see below)
- Shout-Out: Many of the Pokémon names are this.
- vectorDestiny's Absol is called Nightshade, his Delphox is called Black Mage (Final Fantasy I), his Greninja is called Shinobi, his Cofagrigus is called Ghost!BarackObama, his Noivern is called B. Wayne (Batman), his Jellicent is called Sissel (Ghost Trick), his 3rd team!Aegislash is called Ravio (The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds) and his Krookodile is called K. Roll (Donkey Kong Country)
- BigBisharp's Sharpedo is called Sharknado.
- Renardy's Tyranitar is called Yoshi (Super Mario Bros.), his Gorebyss is called Patrick (Spongebob SquarePants) and his Medicham is called Little Mac (Punch-Out!!).
- Marina's Ampharos is called Marzipan (Homestar Runner) and her Blastoise is called Blue (Pokémon Red and Blue).
- Arend has a Venusaur named Aouizotl, sounding similar to Ahuizotl. He also has a female Typhlosion named Malva and a Hawlucha named ¡Mucha Lucha!. Also, he has a Lopunny named Chocola, which could draw reference to Cadbury's Caramel Bunny. Oh, and his samurott is named Musashi.
- Pablo has several, including a Gallade named KyoryuGreen, a Golurk named Sym-Biotic Titan, and an Aegislash named Ten Commandments
- Seer has a Gardevoir called Lilins, a Aegislash called Mardek (MARDEK), a Slaking called Sid, a Volcarona called Ammaterasu (Ōkami), and a Mismagius called Vivi Ornutia
- Stone Wall: Qyzxf's Shuckle. A normal Shuckle already have high defense, but Qyzxf is special. He has Shell Smash (which increases Defense and Special Defense, but decreases Attack, Speed and Defense), Rest (which heals the Pokémon completely, but make him go asleep), Protect (which completely negates the enemy attack) and Sandstorm. Qyzxf's strategy for his Shuckle is: Use Shell Smash until he has 4x Defense and 4x Special Defense, use Rest in order to heal Critical Hits, use Sandstorm to attack the opponent and using Protect to defend for some other attacks. That makes him undefeatable. Plus, his Shuckle has leftovers, which means that heals a bit of his health after each turn. So, every time someone attack Shuckle, he only get '''4-6% damage''' from any attack and either heals it from Leftovers or Rest.
- To make a long story short, both matches involving the Shuckle lasted at least 130 turns, and about 3/4 of them were spent chipping away at it.
- Wave Motion Gun: Pablo's Magnezone is called Wave Motion Cannon.