Sushi Cat is a puzzle Web Game about a huge, blob-like cat who loves sushi. The game involves him eating copious amounts to get fatter. The game also features various cutscenes with artwork by Jimp.
Sushi Cat is succeeded by Sushi Cat 2, Sushi Cat: the honeymoon, and Sushi Catapult.
Sushi Cat provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Sushi Cat is a bright blue cat.
- Big Eater: Each game revolves around the protagonist eating a lot of sushi to get larger.
- Cat Stereotype: Sushi Cat is a friendly male tabby.
- Early Installment Character-Design Difference: He gained tabby stripes between the first two games.
- Fat Cat: Exaggerated. Sushi Cat is so fat that he's more like a big, squishy blob with feline features.
- Partially Civilized Animal: Sushi Cat looks like a normal cat, albeit highly stylized, and gets petted like a normal cat in the first game. Yet he displays humanoid behaviors like visiting stores in the sequel.