Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World is a Spin-Off of Gust's Atelier series of Role Playing Games released on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, and Steam on January 31, 2019 in Japan and March 29, 2019 in the rest of the world.
Nelke von Lestamm, daughter of a family of nobles, seeks the legendary Granzweit Tree, which is said to grant great power to whoever finds it. Hearing a rumor that the tree can be found near the frontier town of Westwald, she sets out to find it — but in order to do so, she must also become Westwald's governor and help develop the village. Unfortunately, she does not possess the gift of alchemy: in order to create the items and materials needed to expand Westwald, she will need to recruit the help of the legendary alchemists. These legendary alchemists also happen to be the protagonists of previous Atelier games.
Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists distinguishes itself from the rest of the series by adding a strong emphasis on town-building: players can choose which buildings to make and where to place them, allowing them to customize the town to their liking.
This game provides examples of the following tropes:
- An Entrepreneur Is You: In this game, money is earned by running stores. First you gather materials, then give them to the alchemists who make them into items that are sold in their shop for profit. Each alchemist has certain types of store they're better at running than others.
- Fission Mailed: The seventh task, develop into an alchemy town, is supposed to be failed.
- Giant Waist Ribbon: Nelke has a big red and white ribbon on her dress.
- Guest Fighter: In addition to characters from the Atelier series, characters from Story of King Ares, Welcome House, Noir Yeux Noire, and Surge Concerto: Ciel nosurge will appear as DLC.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The game features over 100 characters from Gust's repertoire.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Characters from all Atelier continuities show up, plus some guests from other Gust games.
- Ninja Maid: Misty is a maid at Nelke's service, who is skilled at both housework and combat.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Nelke is a noblewoman who works hard to expand the town of Westwald.
- Trapped in Another World: The alchemist protagonists of past Atelier games are mysteriously finding themselves being teleported to Westwald by incidents such as a synthesis gone wrong or finding an artifact in ancient ruins.