This game features cameos from throughout the entire Atelier series, as well as some other Gust Corporation properties (and even the personification of the company itself from Hyperdimension Neptunia, via DLC). Although these guests have minor differences when compared to their original titles, this Character page is intended to focus on just the Original Generation of Nelke and her close companions.
Nelke von LestammThe main protagonist. Nelke is a prodigy and aristocrat, and graduated as top of her class, but does not seem to possess any talent for alchemy. Nelke is now trying to make the world a better place through her position as a noble instead.
- Giant Waist Ribbon: Nelke has a big red and white ribbon on her dress.
- Perverted Drooling: Has a habit of drooling while having inappropriate thoughts, most obviously when noting that the hot spring can be seen clearly from the outside.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Nelke is a noblewoman who works hard to expand the town of Westwald. She is also one of the few fighters who can be brought to investigation, beging able to hold her own against monsters.
- To Be Lawful or Good: At one point, she receives an ultimatum by her father to make the entire town of Westwald alchemy-focused, due to the massive number of alchemy talents that have concentrated there. However, the goal of most of these alchemists is to find ways to return to their homes, so she has to choose between her position or her friendships. She chooses friendships, failing the task.
- Workaholic: Despite her preference to adventures, she is nonetheless one, to the point of passing out from overworking herself with paperwork.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light blue hair, which is a notable contrast from the more realistic hues of the various Atelier main heroines. Justified as she inherited it from Pamela, who isn't exactly human.
Misty EleruteNelke's loyal maid and assistant.
- Ninja Maid: Misty is a maid at Nelke's service, who is skilled at both housework and combat.
KnossA resident of the developing frontier town Westwald. When Nelke is assigned to help the town grow, Knoss lends her his aid.
- Ship Tease: With Misty. One of the epilogues in the "Extra Story" DLC is even dedicated to the two of them.
Lotos McGregorA young man that works for Nelke's father, who is responsible for relaying progress updates and reporting on the town's progress, lest funding be cut off.
- Sdrawkcab Name: He is actually Sotol, the young boy who disappeared and that Nelke has long been searching for. He took the name specifically because he knew that she was bad with wordplay trickery and would never figure it out.
- Ship Tease: With Nelke. Aside from them occasionally worrying about each other, they also get a shared epilogue in the "Extra Story" DLC.
- To Be Lawful or Good: Following Nelke's own example in her entry, Lotus chooses to resign from his position rather than force her to comply with demands.
Mr. FairyA denizen of The Granzweit Tree, an ancient tree close to Westwald that once produced copious amounts of mana before withering away. With the sudden influx of alchemists in the area, one of Nelke's major tasks becomes using their resources to revitalize Mr. Fairy's home.
- Legacy Character: Versions of her appear in other games from the series. In fact, with the "Extra Story" DLC, it's possible for them to meet each other!
- Really 700 Years Old: Implied to be tens of thousands years old, and definitely at least a thousand years old, having married with the Granzweit Sage who created the Granzweit Tree, and becomes the ancestor to the von Lestamm bloodline.
- Legacy Character: Like Pamela, not only does "Hagel" appears in other games from the series, Nelke can meet all of them via DLC. Some events even feature them interacting with each other!