Kick the Buddy (also known as Interactive Buddy) is a Casual Game
created by Chill Fleet (one of the alias used by game developer Playgendarynote
) about torturing
and beating up
a rag doll named Buddy.
- Adjustable Censorship: Blood costs $4.99 to turn on. Otherwise, the entire torture is Bloodless Carnage.
- Allegedly Free Game: Yeah, the game is free, but there are plenty of items which require a premium Diamond Membership subscription to use.
- Baleful Polymorph: Several weapons can transform Buddy into something else, such as the Magic Laser.
- Bloody Horror/Bloody Hilarious: There's an option to turn on blood, though you have to pay for it.
- Body Horror: Many of the weapons can mutate or mutilate Buddy in graphic ways. Some of the more notable cases come from the Bio Weapons.
- Black Comedy: It's a game about inflicting torturous death on a ragdoll in the most ridiculous or unconventional ways. What else is there to be said?
- Cartoon Bomb: The Bomb.
- The Chew Toy: Buddy. He was made for the most Cold-Blooded Torture ever for the players to laugh at.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Pretty much all the deaths you can induce onto poor Buddy.
- Extreme Omnivore: Feeding Buddy Hunger Pills will cause him to become so hungry that he eats garbage off the ground, and eventually himself. Buddy himself would also count, as he'll eat anything you throw at him that's programmed as "edible", (often in great amounts), including strange-looking enchanted mushrooms or a cupcake-shaped bomb covered in spikes.
- Gasshole: Buddy will burp or fart at random times. Feeding him certain foods will invoke this trope even more.
- Hellevator: One of the weapons is this.
- Jackass Genie: The Genie, which gives you a random choice between money, getting seriously injured, and death.
- Large Ham: Buddy himself.
- Man-Eating Plant: Plantus Predatus
- Scary Stinging Swarm: The Wasps and Honey weapons.
- Stripped to the Bone: Some weapons, such as Sewer Rats, Anthill, and Dissolvant can reduce Buddy to just a skeleton.
- Sadist Show: The premise is to use various weapons to torture Buddy.
- Ragdoll Physics: Since Buddy is a ragdoll, it's a given.
- Shout-Out: One of the weapons is a Holy Bomb.
- They Killed Kenny Again: No matter how many times you pummel Buddy to death, he always comes back to life moments afterwards.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: If Buddy was a human instead of a ragdoll, the game would probably be just as horrifying as Saw.
- Video Game Caring Potential: Yes, even this game has some. There are some "weapons" that won't harm Buddy at all, such as the watering can, and Buddy will talk about how much he enjoys it.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Up to Eleven: the entire point of the game is to torture Buddy in as many ways as you can.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Some weapons will cause Buddy to vomit out a green stream.