Deep Space Waifu is a series of Shoot 'em Up games developed by Neko Climax Studios. All of the games feature the player taking on the role of Bear-King, a bear-headed motorcycle pilot trying to get dates with women by shooting all of their clothes off.
The original game was released on Steam May 30, 2017, and currently features 13 stages, with some replaced or removed in updates to better fit within the distributor's terms of service. It also originally lacked a plot, but now includes short sequences of Bear-King trying to find a date by taking on a variety of jobs. A DLC expansion, ACADEMY, was released on September 15, 2017, and added an additional seven stages, each with a unique sports-themed boss. Since then, there have been multiple full sequels:
- JUSTICE, released on November 29, 2017, focusing on catching criminals with flat chests.
- FANTASY, released on July 31, 2018, focusing on girls of various fantasy classes.
- NEKOMIMI, released on December 18, 2018, focusing on Cat Girls.
- WORLD, released on April 24, 2019, focusing on girls from a variety of Earth cultures.
Trope on, Space Cowboy
- Attack Its Weak Point: Some bosses can only take damage if a specific component is shot at. One even mentions this trope in its Boss Subtitles: "Bollocks" from ACADEMY.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: All of the girls in the Steam release have this when their clothes are all shot off. However, altering the game's files can remove this form of censorship.
- Boss Warning Siren: Every shooting section ends with a boss fight announced this way.
- Butt-Monkey: Bear-King's attempts to get dates usually end with him messing something up and paying the price for it.
- Cam Whore: One of the girls in the original, Arouse-Chan, whose final layers of clothing are actually donation bars that need to be shot to fill up.
- Cat Girl: Nekotine from the original is one from another dimension.
- The fourth game, NEKOMIMI, features an entire cast of them.
- The Cheerleader: One of the girls in the ACADEMY expansion is this.
- The Chosen One: The plot of FANTASY is Bear-King saving the land of Hentalia because he's a prophesied hero.
- Fashion Model: The job of Sarah, a girl from the original.
- Fun with Acronyms: JUSTICE has Bear-King join F.L.A.T., the "Fabulous Law Application Taskforce" that just happens to involve encountering various flat-chested women.
- Hidden Depths: In the first game, Bear-King does get to show off skills with mathematics and engineering, though the latter is downplayed because he tries using motorcycle repair skills on a giant robot.
- Humongous Mecha: Nikita Dormer is a pilot of one in the original, which even has, quote, "Tit-Lasers".
- Magic Idol Singer: Princess Remi, the final date of the original game.
- Really 700 Years Old: In the original, Nekotine is in her 400's.
- School Sport Uniform: The main apparel of the girls in ACADEMY.
- Sexy Secretary: Misako Aoyama in the original, though by the end of her date she's taken over Bear-King's company.
- Shout-Out: The original game currently ends with a reference to The Lion King (1994), with Bear-King conversing with a lion-headed figure in the clouds named Leisure Lion.
- The Sociopath: Yumi from the original, who thinks puppies are cutest when their intestines are binding them together.
- Terrible Artist: Bear-King, as his date with artist Tomoko ends with him trying to impress her with a stick-figure portrait.
- To Be Continued: After FANTASY had a set release date, the original game ended with this, with the unveiling of Space Idol Princess Remi's privates as the catalyst for a rip in the space-time continuum that sends Bear-King to the fantasy realm of Hentalia.
- Yandere: Yumi seems to be one for the player character. Her introduction goes into detail about her being in love with them upon meeting them and promising to kill anybody who tries to come between her and the character.