- "Right about now it's time to rock with the biggedy Buck Bumble"
-The game's title theme.
Buck Bumble is a game for the Nintendo 64 developed by Argonaut Software and released in 1998 by Ubisoft. You play as the titular Buck, a cyborg bumblebee enlisted by The Resistance, a peace keeping force for the garden the game takes place in, to eliminate the threat of the Herd Army, a band of mutant bugs who seek to conquer the garden, then move on to the rest of the world. The game was known mostly for its incredibly catchy theme, as well as being a cult classic, getting mostly decent reviews.
This game contains examples of:
- Bottomless Magazines: None of the guns require reloading but these can run out of ammo. Played straight with the standard pistol, which is infinite.
- Cyborg: Buck himself is a cyborg bee, and most of the Herd seem to have mechanical parts grafted onto them as well.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: All enemies explode when defeated. Justified since they're all half-cyborgs. Subverted with Buck who will simply fall to the ground deceased even if the cause of his death is a nuclear explosion.
- Game-Over Man: The game over screen shows a picture of the Herd Queen with the words "Game Over"
- Heroic Mute: Buck says "Cool!" or "Yeah!" when picking up items, but that's about it.
- Mission Control: The Resistance sends Buck messages when he's on missions.
- More Dakka: The fifth obtainable gun is a submachine gun with an extremely high firing rate.
- Mouse World: Being from a bee's perspective, everyday items seem enormous. A small backyard is enough to encompass an entire level.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The single player brings us a cyborg bee having dogfights with mutant insects. Multiplayer brings us cyborg bees with rocket launchers playing football.
- Shoot Out the Lock: Several locked doors are powered by very vulnerable generators.
- Super Drowning Skills: Justified since Buck is an insect. You will start drowning real fast the moment you touch water but you can still get out if you press A repeatedly.
- Timed Mission: Happens four times in the game.
- Return Fire: The Herd sends a bombing squad to The Resistance HQ and plants a bomb on its facilities. You must reach the HQ, destroy all enemies before they can do the same with the place and take the bomb to a safe location before it detonates.
- Nuke Tower: The tower begins the countdown for launching once you reach its location. You have to destroy all of its generators to deactivate it while hordes of wasps try to stop you.
- Sterilization: You're tasked with activating a bomb then proceed to make a run for it. However, the Herd locates the bomb first and activates it in an attempt to blow you up alongside them. You have little more than two minutes to complete the level.
- Core Nuke: Once again, you must plant a bomb and escape, no surprises this time... Except that the bomb must be planted inside the enemy nest.