I do not belong to the Furry Fandom.
I do aspire to be a writer.
Or, if that falls through, an editor. That is primarily why I came here and by golly I'm gonna have fun doing it!
I spend a lot of time by the Example As Thesis page, fixing the introductions of tropes that appear there.
I'm allowed to list my favorite bands here, right? I'm a huge music nerd and this seems awfully empty.
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Any of the 'Big Four' thrash metal bands.^
- Nine Inch Nails
- Rise Against
- Silversun Pickups
- Any song with an awesome solo or Epic Riff, or that isn't Pop, and even then...
Any Tropes I forgot to add will be added shortly. Thank you.
- Afraid of Needles: Zigzagged. I'm not. But my body is.
- Alt Itis
- Anvilicious: Douglas Adams was wrong. The very worst poetry of all is not that of Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England. It is because of this trope that the very worst poetry of all is most assuredly mine.
- Arc Number: 13, at least while I was reading A Series Of Unfortunate Events.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Never lend me any money and expect me to save it for a rainy day. If I see something I like, I won't hesitate to - HEY LOOK! It's that new Muse album!
- Beware the Nice Ones: I'm usually a laid-back guy, but never assume that this is without limits.
- Captain Obvious: I sometimes come across as this, being quite the Exposition Fairy in Real Life.
- Catchphrase: On TV Tropes, it's "Remember, the Preview Button is your friend!"
- Centipede's Dilemma: Pretty common, now that I can play a guitar; justified in that I'm no master yet.
- Creepy Monotone: I believe I speak like this.
- Dark Is Not Evil: I have two Korn albums and two Marilyn Manson recordsnote , AND I happen to be an Eagle Scout. Take That!, Moral Guardians!
- Fan Fic: Okay, I'll admit it. I tried to write a Redwall fanfic - but I gave up when I found out the author died. Somehow, continuing just didn't seem right to me.
- Fun with Acronyms: A favorite pasttime of mine.
- Furry Fandom: As noted above, I do not affiliate with that crowd, even if my username indicates otherwise.
- Guilty Pleasures: Twilight, at least a year ago. I so wanna burn those books.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Any game that gives me the choice. Any game.
- I Don't Know Mortal Kombat: Subverted. I started taking guitar lessons.
- Informed Ability: I'm CPR certified. Never had to use it, but then again that's probably a good thing.
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: Occasional instances in Real Life. Recently played straight to a T with:
I'm going to refu - er, refue - re...put gas in the car.
- Precision F-Strike: Most of my internet conversations. I only swear to make a point.
- Cluster F-Bomb: When I'm particularly annoyed, but usually averted.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: In some of my works-in-progress.
- Sarcasm-Blind: You Have Been Warned.
- Sarcasm Failure: My attempts at it are taken as legitimate, straightforward expressions.
- Schmuck Bait: I'll fall for it before I even know it's bait.
- Selective Enforcement: in Middle School, I starred as a victim of this and bullying. My tormentors were never punished, but every time I decided I had enough and lashed out, I was punished.
- Serious Business: When something really matters to me - even if it seems mundane to everyone else - you just know.
- Shrinking Violet: Gender-Flipped from the usual case.
- Suddenly Bilingual: The restaurant I work at has a couple of Spanish-speaking employees; for their benefit, the manager displays this trope. In turn, one of them actually knows a surprising amount of English.
- Downplayed with basically all the other employees; with prolonged exposure to Spanish, everyone else learned a little bit of Spanish, while the Spanish-speaking workers learned a little bit of English.
- This Is a Competition: Averted. I have yet to take on any kind of competition with any mode of seriousness other than "I'm here because it'll be fun!"
- [Verb] This!: Usually something like "Chew on this!!"
- Worst Aid: One, First Aid was the first Merit Badge I ever got as a Boy Scout. On the other hand, though, I've never been put in a position to use that expertise.
- Our Werewolves Are Different + The Virus + After The End + Apocalyptic Log = an idea I'm working on right now.
Remember, the Preview Button is your friend!