- Actor Allusion: The Seventh Samurai, voiced by George Takei, says "Oh my" at one point in his debut episode.
- Colbert Bump: The series received one after Jorge co-wrote and directed The Book of Life for Reel FX.
- Creator's Favorite: Jorge said on his Twitter that his favorite characters were Frida and Grandpapi.
- Cross-Dressing Voices:
- Did you know that Manny's English voice is done by Alanna Ubach, who played the maid in Meet The Fockers? Now you know.
- Carlos Alazraqui, voice of Puma Loco, voices Black Cuervo's grandma.
- Cult Classic: While the show was cut short, it's none the less gained a small but loyal fanbase on the internet over the years, especially after Jorge's feature debut. note
- Executive Meddling: Sketches of El Tigre's second season, which never did exist, can be found on deviantArt.
- The Other Darrin: Danny Trejo voiced El Mal Verde for his first appearance in "Yellow Pantera". The rest of the series has him voiced by John DiMaggio.
- Screwed by the Network: In the case of the U.S., the next five episodes following "The Good, the Bad, and the Tigre" were premiered very early in the morning completely out of no where. After that, the remainder of the series was played on Nicktoons Network with again little to no promotion. Even before that the show was also prone to being broadcasted once a week (at some points around midnight or early in the morning) and even being pre-opted a few times by other shows (notably SpongeBob).
- When asked about the cancellation, Jorge and a couple of other staff members actually said it happened because the show couldn't beat SpongeBob in ratings note . He even recently made an interesting picture dedicated to that fact.note
- The Wiki Rule: Has a wiki here.
- Word of God: It should be noted that El Tigre was canceled and had to be swiftly tied up in its Grand Finale; however, Jorge still gave out some nifty tid-bits of What Could Have Been. Spoilers Ahoy
- Romances and Related Info:
- Manny and Zoe were friends while they were in preschool, but Manny eventually left her behind a year later when he met Frida in detention.
- Manny and Frida drifted apart during highschool, and during that time Manny dated Zoe while Frida dated Sergio, Diego, and Django.
- Manny and Frida eventually get back in touch sometime during college, and they eventually marry and have triplets (one hero, one villain, and one undecided). Frida continues to pursue her dreams of being a rockstar while Manny went to college to become an artist.
- Zoe and Django at first simply get together in order to make Manny and Frida jealous, but they eventually grow to love each other genuinely.
- Diego and Sergio never let go of their crushes on Frida, leading to them creating artificial wives based off of her.
- Puma Loco and Sartana were a couple way before the series proper; they have a half-skeleton-half-mecha son called Son of Sartana/Machete, who is also Django's father. Sartana is actually one of the many children of La Muerte and Xibalba from The Book of Life. It was Puma Loco breaking her heart that led her to villainy and losing her godhood.
- Rodolfo and Maria remarry once Rodolfo gives up White Pantera for good.
- Diego is actually a lab experiment/clone; he cloned himself to create his father and grandfather.
- Billy, AKA the Cactus Kid, was an orphan raised by his village (and cacti). His hat is what allowed him to control the cacti.
- The Golden Eagle Twins' father was one of the heroes killed by El Mal Verde. No word on whether this had something to do with their villainy.
- Rodolfo and the Seventh Samurai both were divorced because their wives could not handle their heroic lifestyles; they even met at at a support group dealing with that very issue!
- Manny got his belt when he accidentally fell into the volcano. He also inflicted his scar on himself during his first fight, showing him that his powers are just as harmful to him as they are to others.
- At an older age, Manny will die while protecting Frida.
- One of Justice Jaguar's sisters was Carmen, Manolo's mother, making Manolo a distant cousin of Manny's.
- Joaquin is an ancestor of Frida's; her last name is actually Suarez-Mondragon.
- Silver Wolf, who was a disguise for the Titanium Titan, was actually supposed to separate and become his own being.
- The Titanium Titan's name is Tito.
- Related to the above, Sartana was the eldest of the death god couple's 9 children and was Xibalba's favorite. Her relationship with said siblings could only be described as competitive, and the act that ultimately got her banished involved her doing something very despicable to one of her sisters.
- She also had white wings prior to her banishment, which were cut off.
- Sartana's bandito army rises from the Land of the Cursed when she summons them.
- Romances and Related Info:
- Write Who You Know: Manny and Frida are apparently based off the creators' personalities. Interesting people!
- It goes far beyond that. Rodolfo and Grandpapi are based on the guy's father and grandfather. The former was an artist, the latter was in the military. It probably led to an interesting childhood.
- Miracle City was also based off of Mexico City, where Gutiérrez was originally from.
El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
aka: El Tigre