Set in Inju City, a provincial small town famous for its fishing industry, it's about the happenings between a young woman mayor and an elite bureaucrat. Ju Gook is an exceedingly smart government official who passed the Higher Civil Service quickly, and basically is the perfect guy. But being a deputy mayor is not enough for him. He lives with the dream of becoming South Koreas President. He should have easily gone straight to the top, but due to an unexpected incident, he gets dispatched as a deputy mayor for Inju City where Shin Mi Rae was working.
Shin Mi Rae is a low-ranking secretary in Inju, who mostly is known for her coffee. When the mayor resigns his position, she becomes an independent candidate and ultimately succeeds in becoming the youngest City Mayor.
As their paths meet, they have to deal with each others personal and social differences. But despite their constant bickering, they end up falling in love.
The series contains the following examples:
- Beauty Contest: Mi Rae enters the Miss Baendaengi (a small local fish) contest in order to win the prize money and pay off her debt.
- Cherry Blossoms: The petals fly out over the city when the Mayor announces his resignation. Also the start of Mi Rae and Ju Gook's romantic relationship.
- Dance of Romance: Mi Rae and Ju Gook during the talent portion of the pageant.
- Decided by One Vote: Mi Rae wins the mayoral election by only 242 votes.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Mi Rae, when she becomes Mayor. Also Jung Do when he decides to rekindle his relationship with his wife.
- Leg Cling: Mi Rae, hiding from the Mayor.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Just about all the civil servants from the previous administration.
- Piggyback Cute: Ju Gook, carrying Mi Rae after she collapses at the beauty pageant.
- Pool Scene: Ju Gook and Soon In, doing laps. Even politicians need to keep their abs washboard!
- Potty Dance: Min Joo-hwa does this during her Potty Emergency in Episode 6. Despite her utmost efforts to hold it in, Shin Mi-rae's intervention ensures that she doesn't make it.
- Potty Emergency: Min Joo-hwa suffers a severe one in Episode 6, which Shin Mi-Rae gleefully exploits to the point of a humiliating skirt-wetting.
- Potty Failure: In Episode 6, the extremely cute but thoroughly obnoxious councilwoman Min Joo-hwa suffers this very unladylike fate. While visiting protagonist Shin Mi-rae's bar with several journalists, she insults and belittles her for losing her job. This turns out to be a very bad decision, since she suffers a severe Potty Emergency and asks to use the toilet, which she mocks for being backward! Shin Mi-Rae is understandably a bit pissed off and takes the opportunity to get back at her, holding the key to the toilet out of reach and gloating about how good it is to abuse power - and informs her that there are no other toilets nearby, meaning that she is either using their toilet or her knickers. After making her squirm and Potty Dance for a while while suggesting that the journalists report on her increasingly likely accident, she gives her the key, giving her the impression that she's going to make it after all...and then smacks her hard on the bottom, causing her to finally lose control and wet her skirt in front of the journalists with a squeal of distress. On the bright side, she had the foresight to wear a yellow skirt that day...
- Shout-Out: Ju Gook and Jung Do, using Romance of the Three Kingdoms as a basis to discuss corruption in politics.
- Stepford Smiler: City Councilor Min Joo-hwa when she becomes the Winner's Party campaign manager.
- Unkempt Beauty: Mi Rae before her decision to run for Mayor.