Mr. Brain is a Japanese television comedy drama aired on TBS in 2009.
Sypnosis by TBS (retrieved from wiki.d-addicts.com):
Tsukumo Ryusuke is a quirky, yet brilliant neuroscientist working for the National Research Institute of Police Science. Wielding a unique perspective and psychology, Tsukumo tackles the nation's most baffling crimes and scandals, going head-to-head with the most brilliant and twisted criminal minds. But his eccentricities and poor social timing can also aggravate people and circumstances, further complicating matters.
This show provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Detective Hayashida is frequently called "Rinda" by Tsukumo.
- Amateur Sleuth: Tsukumo, who tends to get chastised by his boss for not concentrating on his "research".
- Ax-Crazy: Kanako in her "Shunsuke" persona.
- Batman Gambit:
- Tsukumo relies on the culprits' "natural reflexes" (caused by their brains) to expose them.
- The culprit's schemes in the last two episodes.
- Big Eater: Kanako in her "Shouko" persona.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Tsukumo, a brilliant and eccentric neuroscientist.
- Butt-Monkey: Kazune.
- Catchphrase: "My name is Tsukumo, written as 9-10-9 in kanji numerals."
- Chaste Hero: Due to partial brain damage caused by an accident, Tsukumo is totally clueless about Kazune's advances on him, and keeps wondering why he's in possession of a porn magazine in the first place.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": The cleaning lady.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The show has some very specific episode titles, including:
- "Eccentric Neuroscientist vs. Beautiful Revived Ghost!!"
- "Invisible Man Setting Up Serial Murders!!"
- "Eccentric Neuroscientist vs. Beautiful Woman With A Split Personality!!"
- Expy: Takegami is a manipulative cannibalistic murderer like Hannibal Lecter.
- I'm a Humanitarian: In the second episode, Gackt's ham-tastic character Takegami Teijirou is a cannibalistic serial killer who considers eating human flesh to be the equivalent of eating beef or pork.
- Insufferable Genius: Even though Tsukumo Ryusuke usually figures out the crimes long before anybody else, he is still considered insufferable by many of his superiors.
- Giggling Villain: Takegami Teijirou.
- Kids Are Cruel: Kanako's classmates ridiculed her request for accompanying her home, resulting in her kidnapping.
- Large Ham: It's obvious Gackt is having a lot of fun playing a cannibal.
- No Social Skills: Part of the reasons why many other scientists dislike Tsukumo.
- Not My Driver: Happens to a victim in Episode 7.
- Obviously Evil: Takei, who's bald and is frequently seen with a smug smile on his face. He's actually a case of double subversion of this trope.
- Posthumous Character: Takegami Teijirou.
- Psychotic Smirk: Takegami loves to sport this.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Some of the culprits.
- Shrinking Violet: Yuri Kazune, although she does have a few moments of assertiveness. Not that anybody listens to her when she does, though.
- Split Personality: Akiyoshi Kanako suffers from this after being kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years. Then it turns out there are actually no alternate personalities to begin with.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tsukumo has his bananas.