Big and Small
is a children's puppet show co-produced by Kindle Entertainment and 3J's Productions and aired on CBeebies
and Treehouse TV
. It stars two cartoon creatures
, the gentle
Big, and the hyperactive
Small. The show ran for 3 series from 2008 to 2011.
"You found the TV Tropes page, let's get one thing clear, I can list these tropes all by myself, okay!":
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Naturally, Big's the big guy, and Small's the little guy.
- Black Bead Eyes: Big, Ruby and Twiba have them.
- Cartoon Creature: Just what Big and Small are is debatable. Big seems to resemble a bear, while Small may or may not be a dog.
- Continue Your Mission, Dammit!: In the Big and Small House minigame that involves handing characters musical instruments, if you go a while without handing anyone anything, the characters will say something like "How about handing me something?".
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: In "A Door for Small", Small attempts to open the big door to the house by himself, with Big realizing he's too small to do so without resorting to using various tools from the house and asks if he would like to use the small door he built for him. Small feels like he's being patronized and declines.
- Exposed Eyeballs as Eyes: Small has these.
- Gentle Giant: Big is as gentle as gentle gets.
- Handy Man: Big, he's affable, kindhearted and is usually working on something in his shed.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Big and Small live together.
- Keet: Small is very hyperactive and shrill for such a little guy.
- Large Ham: Small, almost every one of his lines is delivered very dramatically.
Attention Big attention Big, Small could be your nurse! He's not busy or LOUD AT ALL!
- Name and Name: Big and Small.
- Once per Episode: A song that pertains to the plot plays in each episode.
- Pink Means Feminine: Ruby, the friendly mouse girl, is a light pink.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Big is friendly and laid-back, while Small is very raucous and impulsive.
- Same Language Dub: There's a Canadian English dub that aired on Treehouse TV.
- Security Blanket: Big's T. rex is this. It's the opposite for Small.
- Verbal Tic: Small says "okay" at the end of some of his sentences.
- Vibrant Orange: Small, the most extroverted character in the whole series is a bright orange.
- Yellow/Purple Contrast: Small is yellowish-orange, while Big is purple. This aids in highlighting their differences.