Ultimate Chat Fic Of Mutual Memeing! is a Danganronpa roleplay hosted on Discord and posted on Archive of Our Own. It follows the trials and tribulations of the casts of all three games as they talk in class chats on discord. It takes place in a Non-Despair AU (which also seems to be a Cloud Cuckoo Land) and is shifted towards the "silly" side of the Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness.
Things have been rough for this Roleplay. It was always a source of stress for the lead writer, and gaps between chapters tended to be long. The longest of which being the one between chapters 3 and 4. It got so bad that many members outright left the server. The failed attempt to gain replacements that followed led the lead writer to simply continue or restart the story on their own as a Fan Fic.
Ultimate Chat Fic of Mutual Memeing! contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Gay: Chiaki doesn't really have Ship Tease with anyone (except maybe Steam), but has the screenname "xPussyslayer69x" on both Discord and Steam itself.
- And Here He Comes Now: The first chapter is almost entirely a conversation about Makoto, who shows up at the end of it.Junko: Oh my fuck
- Brick Joke: One was created unintentionally via the transition from Chat to Fic: because Private chats have to be inserted into group ones, there is a rather large gap between "I'm not secretly 'Jennifer Inabell'" and "I had no idea you were secretly a 4kids dub."
- Companion Cube: Bobstevenson "The Rock" Johnson, a pet rock that Hajime and Nagito raise as their son. He even joins the chat at one point, though he does so simply by being thrown at the keyboard by Nagito, resulting in "keysmashed" gibberish.)
- Embarrassing Nickname:
- Upon being given the screenname "Morelegsthanmuns" by Junko, Byakuya immediately leaves the chat.
- Sayaka as well, as she has the screenname "HeresMyKnifeCollection," and insists (in capital letters) that someone took her phone and changed her name to that.
- Pretty much everything Hiyoko calls Fuyuhiko. Or anyone.
- Excited Show Title!: The title ends with an exclamation point, despite being a noun phrase rather than a sentence.
- Mythology Gag: Sayaka thinks that, because Junko doesn't know that Makoto exists, he's thought up an elaborate scenario in which she traps the students in the school and forces them to kill each other, which is exactly what happens in the game proper.
- No Indoor Voice: Quite a lot of dialogue is typed in capital letters.
- Selective Obliviousness: Junko initially doesn't know that Makoto exists, thinking that the multiple times she's seen him(and thrown stuff at him) were hallucinations.