The Fell of Dark is a 2020 YA novel by Caleb Roehrig.
In a world where vampires live openly among humans, August "Auggie" Pfeiffer has been born with special psychic abilities.
Auggie comes into contact with a vampire boy whom he becomes smitten with, which leads to disastrous consequences.
Auggie has been born to host the ancient and monstrous progenitor of all vampires ,Azazel. Auggie finds himself hunted by various groups who wish to either stop or allow Azazel domain of the world.
The Fell of Dark provides examples of:
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Vivian Duclos, the head of a group of vampires called The League of the Dark Star, is also their most formidable fighter and magician.
- The Corrupter: Rasputin runs a corrupter cult called the The Mystic Order of the Northern Wolf. The Order brings in disenfranchised people and has them turned into evil vampires who serve Rasputin.
- Greater-Scope Villain: The book centers on various factions attempting to stop or hasten the arrival of the first vampire Azazel. Azazel himself just stays in the background and flashbacks but is indicated to be far more dangerous then any of the various competing factions.
- Historical Domain Character:
- Love Triangle: Auggie finds himself caught in between having to romantically chose between two vampires, Jude Marlow and Gunnar.
- Magic Knight: Vivian Duclos is both a formidable sword fighter and a powerful magician.
- Monster Progenitor: Azazel is the creator of all of vampirekind. Azazel is shown to have created vampires before the series begins to act as his personal army.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Vivian Duclos is determined to create a better world for vampires and humans alike and save the environment. It's to the point she's prepared to help unleash Azazel on the world to make her utopia a reality.