Release: September 9, 2014
Tagline: MikeJ joins the ride for this fan requested review. Itll have you scraping at the door!
This review contains examples of:
- Arc Welding: Since the same actor played Moreau here and Heimdall in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, MikeJ theorizes that Moreau is Heimdall.Critic: No it's not. It's just the same actor.
MikeJ: No, all the Marvel movies must be connected! He came through the Rainbow Bridge to have Ghost Rider join The Avengers. This created a time paradox where the Human Torch became Captain America, Bruce Banner would get plastic surgery — twice! — and Howard the Duck could exist in a universe where he could actually be funny! Now what doesn't make sense about that?
Critic: [thinks for a moment] ...why Stan Lee was in Princess Diaries 2?
MikeJ: [mumbles] Damn that movie! Always fucking up the Marvel canon!
- The Cameo:
- Crossover: With MikeJ.
- Incoming Ham: Devil Boner makes a return in his normal loud fashion.
- Shout-Out: When the monk states to Cage to save the boy and they will lift his curse. Both critics shout out "Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt" while a picture of Elizabeth appears on the screen. Oddly enough, MikeJ doesn't get the shout-out.
- In-universe, Critic calls out the movie's shout out to the cover of Wish You Were Here as coming across more as plagiarism.
- Stock Scream: The Critic adds a Goofy Holler when Moreau dives off his motorcycle.
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That: Ghost Rider 2 was so predictable it gave MikeJ the ability to predict anything mediocre (such as this review), so he prerecorded his half on the DVD. Of course, the Critic gets angry when he realizes that this means he's also pretty mediocre.
- This Is Gonna Suck: The sped-up Columbia Pictures logo causes the Critic to declare that he hates the film already."One second in, gotta be a new record."
- Throw It In!: In-universe, how the Critic and MikeJ explain the more extreme hammy acting by Cage.Critic!Director: Uh, Mr. Cage, none of this is in the script. You're supposed to just ask where the kid is and leave. We have no idea what you're doing, but, for the love of God, don't hurt anyone!
You're the Devil's baby-mama.