Release: August 26, 2014
Film: The Princess Diaries 2
Tagline: I think this film quotes it best: Shut... up!
This review contains examples of:
- Almost Kiss: Parodied with the critic and the Hyper Fangirl. They lean towards each other for a ridiculously long time... then Benny ruins the moment by mentioning that she own the Transformers movie on DVD.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The show acknowledges Hyper Fangirl's Base-Breaking Character nature, as she's ambiguously blown through the ceiling and the Critic says it'll be up to the fans whether she's Killed Off for Real or has a Disney Death.
- Captive Date: This happens to the Critic for the episode.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Benny the assassin. He spends the first half of the review aiming his gun at the Critic, but as the review goes on, he starts cracking jokes and joins them on the coach to riff.
- Impact Silhouette: Hyper Fangirl leaves one on the ceiling after her TV set explodes.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Chris Pine, despite, according to the review commentary, his awesome voice.Nicholas: I was born here, I went to primary school here...
HFG!Nicholas: I even have an accent in every other sentence!
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The Critic and Hyper Fangirl frequently call out the Genovian royalty on not using their image to make a difference, instead throwing extravagant slumber parties and teaching how to ride sidesaddle.HFG!Mia: You know, Grandma, I thought up some solutions for this countrys economic struggle.
Critic!Clarisse: Nope! Sidesaddle!
HFG!Mia: I recall Princess Di doing a lot of charity work...
Critic!Clarisse: Uh-uh! Side saddle!
HFG!Mia: I don't even know the name of one town in this country...
Critic!Clarisse: Side saddle, side saddle! Theyll burn you as a heretic unless you know side saddle! SIDE SADDLE!
- Sequel Episode: To the "Small Soldiers" review.
- Upon seeing Nicholas, the Critic tries to get his hopes up by asking if he's come back in time with the USS Enterprise to take on Klingon imposters.
- During the Royal Wedding, the Critic claims that Viscount Mabrey can still salvage this film if he says "The Lannisters send their regards."
- The extravagant Royal Slumber Party is contrasted with images of the poor Genovian peasants sleeping on the streets, including Oliver Twist and Katniss Everdeen.
- When Mia's identically dressed servants are greeted by her, the Critic says "Come play with us, Mia."
- Stockholm Syndrome: This almost happens to the Critic. However, before he kisses Hyper Fangirl, Benny shows him a copy of Transformers that Hyper owns.
- Take That!: To Anne Hathaway's career in the early 2000s.Mia Thermopolis: It's me, brand new college graduate slash princess.
Critic!Mia: Slash non-credible actress for years thanks to films like this one you're about to see!
- Third-Act Misunderstanding: "You don't understand. It's the third act; we're supposed to hate and misunderstand eachother."
- Villainous Breakdown: Hyper Fangirl. by the end when the Critic tries to explain to her that love doesn't come from just having the same interest and what she did (kidnapping him and forcing him to love her at gunpoint) was wrong, her voice sound even more desperate than we have ever heard, ignores him completely and she tries to play the movie again. Let's just say the Critic and the assassin are too late to warn her that she should have updated her television set...
Ding dang dong! Ding dang dong!