The Jedi remain stranded on Mortis, and the Son, aligned with the dark side of the Force, renews his efforts to convert Anakin as the Jedi prepare for a decisive confrontation. Anakin is stunned by images of his dark future. The Son promises him the power to avert this destiny. The Father recognizes that the Son has broken the rules of time. He wipes Anakin's memory of these future visions and steals the Mortis Dagger to end the conflict. The Father impales himself, thus taking the Sons power. The Son, stunned by this, is run through by Anakin. With all three Force wielders dead, the imbalance in The Force disappears on Mortis. The three Jedi are transplanted back to the galaxy proper, apparently at the moment that they disappeared.
- Big "NO!": Anakin, when the Son shows him his future.
- Dramatic Irony: In this episode, Anakin turns to the Dark Side a couple of years early in order to prevent the events of the original trilogy from happening. The first thing he tells Obi-Wan is that the Jedi will have to be exterminated to keep them from interfering with his vision for peace, which is exactly what will happen in Revenge of the Sith.
- Flash Forward: The Son of Mortis shows Anakin a vision of the future in which he sees the major events that will occur in Revenge of the Sith along with the destruction of Alderaan that will occur in A New Hope.
- Grave Robbing: The Son of Mortis opens the Daughter's tomb to get the dagger she was buried with.
- Heroic Suicide: The Father of Mortis stabs himself with the dagger, taking away the Son's power, and distracting the Son enough for Anakin to kill him.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Anakin does this to both the Son and the Father at once.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The Father of Mortis erases Anakin's memory of seeing the future along with his own actions that resulted from it.
- More Than Mind Control: The Son doesn't take over Anakin with a bite the way he did Ahsoka. Instead, he talks Anakin into succumbing by playing on his fears.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The Son reacts this way after the Father stabs himself, even though he'd tried to kill him not long before.
- Narnia Time: It's implied that only seconds, at most, passed in the outside universe while the Jedi were on Mortis.
- No Body Left Behind: The Father vanishes upon death, Obi-Wan style, though his children do not.
- Reset Button: The Father's amnesia spell does this for the installment. In some ways, the episode is slightly like an alternate-universe version of Revenge of the Sith, complete with Anakin going totally to the Dark Side and fighting Obi-Wan around a lava pit, so it had to be negated for the real Revenge of the Sith to take place.
- Spirit Advisor: Qui-Gon Jinn appears to talk to Anakin as he did to Obi-Wan earlier in the arc.
- Taking You with Me: How the Father of Mortis dispatches the Son.
- We Can Rule Together: The Son promises this to Anakin.
- You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You: Anakin says this to Rex after being mysteriously returned to the exact time and place where they started the arc.