Anakin, Ahsoka, and their Clone Troopers are sent in pursuit of Cad Bane after he broke into the Jedi Temple and stole a holocron. Bane's next target is Jedi Master Bolla Ropal, the keeper of a crystal containing the names and locations of every Force-sensitive child known to the Jedi Order. But they arrive just a bit too late: the Battle Droids placed under Bane's command have already captured Master Ropal and the crystal.
Bane tries to get Ropal to open the holocron so it can read the crystal, but he dies under torture rather than submit. When he finds out that other Republic forces have arrived in the system, Bane hatches a backup plan.
Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, and the Clone Troopers board Bane's ship. During the fighting, Bane manages to capture Ahsoka and stick her in an airlock. He threatens to space her if Anakin doesn't open the holocron. Anakin complies and Bane manages to escape while Anakin is saving Ahsoka from the airlock. Bane arrives at the hangar and begins to plan his escape before he is accosted by two clone troopers who order him to surrender.
When Anakin and Ahsoka arrive at the hangar, they, while running for the shuttle, witness Bane being shot and falling over the railing of the upper level by one of the Clone Troopers. Denal, who is the Clone Trooper that is responsible for presumably killing Bane, boards the shuttle last and says that he wasn't able to get the holocron — but his voice doesn't sound quite right. As the ship begins to blow up due to a fire in the artillery magazine setting off the proton bombs, the Republic forces return to their own cruiser.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: This is what Bane and the Battle Droids he's been given command of inflict on Master Ropal.
- Disconnected by Death: A transmission from a Clone Trooper on the surface of the planet that informs Anakin that Ropal and the Kyber Crystal had been captured gets cut off by the transmitter being destroyed at the source. Since the Clone Trooper stated there was no possibility for evacuation, he was almost certainly killed as well.
- Electric Torture: Bolla Ropal was subjected to this. He ended up dying from it.
- Forgot About His Powers: During the fight on the ancillary deck, Anakin forgets about using the Force while attempting to retrieve the Holocron.
- In Space, Everyone Can See Your Face: Anakin and Ahsoka sport clear fishbowl helmets in space. Averted with the Clone Troopers, who are of course wearing their normal armour.
- Internal Homage: At one point while on board Bane's ship, Rex bumps into a protruding pipe in the dark, which is an intentional homage to the stormtrooper who will bump his head on the door in A New Hope.
- Latex Space Suit: Ahsoka is wearing a pressurized bodysuit and a fishbowl helmet.
- MacGuffin: The Holocron and the Kyber Crystal with the list of Force-sensitive children.
- Night-Vision Goggles: After walking into a pipe, Rex orders his Clone Troopers to switch on infrared vision on their helmets.
- No Gravity for You: During a firefight on the artillery deck of Bane's ship, he turns the gravity off, giving him an advantage because of his Rocket Boots.
- Railing Kill: Bane is apparently shot dead, and falls over the railing.
- Supernormal Bindings: Bane sticks Ahsoka in a pair of binders specially designed for holding Jedi by shocking them if they try to break free.
- Super Wrist-Gadget: Bane orders one of the Battle Droids on the bridge of the warship he's been given to give the ship's functions to one of his wrist computers.
- Thrown Out the Airlock: Bane threatens to do this to Ahsoka in order to get Anakin to open the Holocron. He then deactivates the airlock forcefield in order to distract Anakin enough to escape.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Admiral Yularen is incredulous about Anakin's plan to board Bane's frigate using AT-TEs.