Original air date: December 21, 2001
Christmas for the Griffins includes Peter accidentally giving the family presents to charity and Lois going insane.
This episode contains examples of:
- Booze Flamethrower: This is how an enraged Lois reacts to Frosty the Snowman wishing her a merry Christmas.
- Christmas Episode: A Lighter and Softer example compared to the next one.
- Control Freak: Lois goes through excessive demands for the holidays from Peter and the rest of the family, laying it on thick whenever they complain. It seems to be subverted since Lois perseveres when her plans start to go genuinely wrong, then they run out of paper towels...
- Heroic BSoD: Joe is a mess early on because this time of year marks the anniversary of when he was paralyzed.
- Homemade Sweater from Hell: Brian gets one from Lois:Lois: Brian, you're not wearing the sweater I made you.Brian: Well, y'know, it's a little warm in here...
Lois: Don we now our gay apparel!
Brian: (puts on the [very flamboyant] sweater) It doesn't get much gayer than this.
- Idiot Plot: The plot kicks off when Peter confuses "for" with "from" and donates all the gifts bought for the family to charity. Lampshaded when he sincerely asks when the two words changed meaning and Brian attempts to humor him by doing a bit before giving up and just calling him stupid.
- Jerkass Has a Point: During Lois's rampage, she gets confronted by Frosty the Snowman (whom she just punched his head off). But what she said at that moment about people being too dependent on others is actually true.Lois: 'Wish'? It's easy to wish, but does anyone take responsibility and make it happen? No, you all expect someone else to do it for you, like Santy Claus or mommy.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Because Peter was the designated driver, he doesn't have a hangover the next morning.Brian: It's a Christmas miracle!
Peter: Shouldn't you have your sweater on?
- Late to the Realization: Peter realizing that lemon snow cone the guys gave him wasn't lemon.
- Misleading Package Size: Brian receives a Christmas present shaped like a wine bottle. He removes the wrapping paper to discover a book.
- Mrs. Claus: She asks KISS to help save her husband from pterodactyls in KISS Saves Santa.
- Rage Breaking Point: This is Lois' response to there being no paper towels.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: "No. Paper. TOWELS?!"
- Saving Christmas: In-universe. Can KISS find Santa Claus and save him from pterodactyls?
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: Joe's sensitivity about his disability reaches a fever pitch while the Griffins and the Swansons are visiting and sharing gingerbread cookies.
- The Un-Smile: Stewie's photo with Santa.
- Waxing Lyrical: Lois tells Stewie to behave on Christmas as Santa is watching.Stewie: What the devil do you mean, "watching"?
Lois: Well, honey, Santa's making a list and checking it twice.
Meg: He sees you when you're sleeping.
Chris: And he knows when you're awake. *Beat* I almost caught him last year. But he's magic!
- Yellow Snow: Peter notes that he doesn't want another "lemon snowcone" since the last one didn't taste like lemon at all.
- Yes, Virginia: Stewie immediately believes what he hears about Santa, only to lose faith when he doesn't get the gift he wanted (plutonium) despite being nice. When he finds the plutonium in a remaining box, he realizes Santa is truly real.