Original Airdate: July 5, 2010
Goku's trip to space is going swimmingly, while Vegeta finds and pillages a Namekian Village. Krillin and Dende reach Guru's, and Zarbon gives Vegeta a beating.
Kill these tropes like the rest.
- Aliens Speaking English: Nail lampshades this:Nail: Ah, seems we must speak the universal language: English.
- Answers to the Name of God: Guru gets triggered when he finds out what the "son of Katas" called himself.note Guru: So, the son of Katas has passed. Unfortunate.
Krillin: We just called him "Kami".
Guru: Oh, so he calls himself "god". Pretentious prick! Nail...
Guru: I shall henceforth be known as "Super Kami".
Nail: Yes, Super Kami.
Super Kami: No, wait. Super Kami Guru.
Nail: (annoyed) Can I just call you "Guru" for short?
Super Kami Guru: Super Kami Guru allows this.
- The Cameo: The elder of the village Vegeta slaughters, Tsuno, is played by Linkara.
- Can't Catch Up: Krillin's power up doesn't do much.note Guru: There. I have unlocked your potential.
Krillin: I don't feel that different.
Guru: It wasn't that much.
Krillin: Huh. Well this is my full potential?
Krillin: So, then it's—
Guru: —all downhill from here.
Krillin: Like Yamcha.
Guru: I do not know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds disappointing.
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Zarbon defeating Vegeta results in a giant fiery explosion for no apparent reason, which Vegeta weakly questions after drudging himself out of the crater.
- Homoerotic Subtext: Per the page quote, Vegeta goes there after getting the better of the first exchange with Zarbon.
- Horrible Judge of Character: In the original series, the Nameks could sense how evil Vegeta is. Here, they greet him warmly.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Discussed by Krillin when he senses that Vegeta is getting the stuffing beaten out of him.
- Make an Example of Them: When Freeza finds out Zarbon disposed of Vegeta, he demands Vegeta be brought before him alive, and summarily executes a minion to show Zarbon what will happen if he doesn't/can't.
- Mistaken for Aliens: In this case, inverted: Guru initially thinks Krillin is an "albino Namekian".Guru: Naaaail... there is an albino Namekian standing behind you. Kill it like the rest.
Krillin: Uhh, actually sir, I'm from Earth.
Guru: Kill it like the rest.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: The possibility is invoked by Freeza when Zarbon tells him how he disposed of Vegeta. He's given 10 minutes to find Vegeta alive.
- Shout-Out: The Namekian language is actually Klingon.
- The Stinger: In a closing scene exclusive to the TFS website (the episode was released before YouTube lifted the 10-minute video size limit for non-commercial channels), King Kai refuses to teach the Human Z-fighters any of his techniques because Yamcha mispronounces "Kay-o-ken".
- Yamcha may have also gone a bit too far in his "training".King Kai: I must say, all of you have been making great strides in your training since you arrive at my planet. Except for Yamcha.
Yamcha: What the hell? But I waxed off everything! I waxed off your car, I waxed off your house, I even waxed off your monkey!
Piccolo: Okay, I just started paying attention. What?
- Yamcha may have also gone a bit too far in his "training".