Goku: Muffin button.
Dr. Briefs: But... I... never installed a muffin button.
Goku: Then where did I get this muffin?
Original Airdate: May 27, 2010
Gohan and Krillin befriend Dende, the young Namekian they saved from Freeza, who tells them about the planet's Grand Elder. Meanwhile, Dodoria ends up waylayed by Vegeta, who learns something quite unpleasant about his current quarry.
We all learn to trope when we are children:
- All Men Are Perverts: Despite being part of a species that reproduces by eggs and has only one gender, Dende expresses an interest in Bulma's breasts.
- Brick Joke: Bulma brings up the incident when they first got on Namek immediately when Krillin returns to the cave where she set up camp.Bulma: Well, if it isn't Mr. Super Soaker himself?
- How Is That Even Possible?: Dr. Briefs' reaction to the "muffin button".
- Running Gag: Blink and you'll miss it, but we get the beginnings of a frequent dialogue model here:Krillin: Hey, Bulma! You clean up in there? We have guests!
(monster roar echoing in the cave)
Dende: I do not think I want to go in there.
Krillin: Awww, don't worry. That's just Bulma.
Dende: I do not know what this "Bulma" is, but it sounds needy.
- And, of course, Krillin calling Dende "Little Green".
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Vegeta learns something he'd rather not.
- We Can Rule Together: Dodoria tries to save herself by saying Vegeta and her could topple Freeza together and rule as husband and wife. This does her no favors.