Minami Tani, an airheaded girl with an obsession for bread, befriends the dignified Yuu Aizawa and upbeat Fuyumi Fukagawa, who both happen to share the same hobby for the said food, as well, resulting in a mutual social circle. From there, the group also befriends Noa Sakura, a pint-sized girl who uses breads as means of self-defence, where she joins in with them, as they strengthen their friendship through this unusual mutuality.
Pan de Peace! (Peace Through Bread!) is written and illustrated by emilynote , which was released by Media Factory, a division of Kadokawa, and it was serialized by Comic Cune on August 27, 2014, before it ended on November 27, 2017 with five volumes and 42 chapters.
The manga received a 3-minute, 13-episode anime adaptation, which was produced by Asahi Production and directed by Momoko Murakami. It ran in Japan between April 4, 2016, before it concluded on June 27, 2016. The series was licended and simulcasted by Crunchyroll on English-speaking countries.
Pan de Peace provides examples of:
- Four-Temperament Ensemble:
- Sanguine: The cheerful and boisterous Minami Tani, as those said personalities enables her to make friends easily.
- Choleric: The immature and often ill-tempered Noa Sakura.
- Melancholic: The shy and quiet Yuu Aizawa. While she is often known to be dignified, she is also known to be very shy, and has shown a great deal of insecurity towards showcasing her art.
- Phlegmatic: The calm and easygoing Fuyumi Fukagawa.
- Improvised Weapon: Downplayed and Played for Laughs. Noa's special "weapon" is a baguette, her favourite bread, but she only defends herself from any form of physical contact.
- Older Than She Looks: Noa's height often causes more hindrance than help, as she is seen as an elementary school student, despite being in high school, who is the same age as the rest of her friends.
- Slice of Life: The manga's main premise is about four girls creating an unusual bond over their hobby of breads.
- Token Mini-Moe: Noa is the smallest of the main cast, in spite of being at the same age as Minami, Yuu, and Fuyumi. She is often mistaken as a grade schooler, due to her rather childlike appearance.
- Trademark Favorite Food: The main quartet cast of the series all like breads, which happens to be the series' main motif, each with different varieties specific to them.
- Minami: Egg sandwiches.
- Yuu: Curry bread.
- Noa: Baguettes.
- Fuyumi: Melon bread.
- Yonkoma: It is the manga's main format.