Rompa and Lun are two aliens who join a human family. The show details the humorous, yet heartwarming interactions between the aliens and the humans.
Oyako Club provides examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English: Aliens speaking Japanese, in this case.
- Big Eater: Rompa loves to eat food.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Rompa is big and Lun is small.
- Excited Show Title!: Several episode titles use this trope. The first example is episode 2, "Don't Panic!".
- Extremely Short Intro Sequence: The intro is only 10 seconds long on some airings.
- Fish out of Water: Rompa and Lun used to be aliens before they got astray from outer space and ended up with humans.
- Innocent Aliens: Rompa and Lun get along pretty well with the humans.
- Long-Runners: The series received 1,818 episodes from 1994 to 2013.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: The opening is a copyright-free rock arrangement of a song by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Questioning Title?: Several episode titles use this trope. The first example is episode 12, "Did You Hear It?".
- Rock Me, Amadeus!: The opening is a copyright-free rock arrangement of a song by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Slice of Life: The series is about the daily lives of two aliens and a human family.
- The Smart Guy: Lun is the smartest member of the family.