My Wife is a High School Girl (Oku-sama wa Joshi Kōsei) is a Seinen Manga series created by Hiyoko Kobayashi and published by Shueisha in their publication magazine Young Jump. The Manga ran from 2002 to March 2007 and compiled thirteen volumes over its run.
Asami Onohara, a seventeen-year old high-school student, is married to Kyosuke Ichimaru, her physics teacher. However, even though they are officially a married couple, Asami's father forbids them to have any sexual contact until after Asami has graduated. The story involves the hiding of the relationship from people; specifically those of the high school, while the couple face opposition to the relationship on behalf of Asami's father and third parties.
Another adaptation came in the form of an anime, produced by studio Madhouse under director Jun Shishido. The show's original run was on the TV Saitama network between July 2nd, 2005 and September 24th, 2005, with 13 episodes produced.
Not to be confused with the similarly named, My Wife is the Student Council President.
- All Women Are Lustful:
- Chick Magnet: For someone as lampshadedly plain as Kyosuke is, he certainly had a lot of women throwing themselves at him.
- Dirty Kid: Sasuke, Sakura's son, who is an asshole pervert and openly lust for Asami.
- Dude Magnet: Asami.
- Eek, a Mouse!!: Asami is afraid of cockroaches, which causes her to jump out of her hiding place on the house when Iwasaki sensei is visiting Kyosuke on the anime's final episode.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Iwasaki-sensei at the end of anime.
- The Jailbait Wait: Kyosuke is waiting for Asami to graduate from High School before they can have sex; it's all written up in a legal contract her father forced him to sign.
- Lighter and Softer: The anime compared to manga that is almost an Hentai.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Iwasaki-sensei, upon realizing Kyosuke loves someone else, develops an obsession and repeatedly tries to tempt him away from his love interest. When she finds out it's a student, and they're "dating", she refuses to lose to a "little girl" and uses her authority to separate them, and blackmails Kyosuke at least twice.
- Ms. Fanservice:
- Asami, between her own erotic fantasies (and her husband's), hilarious real-life situations, and attempts to seduce her husband. Ironic in the fact that she's the only character who's off limits.
- Secondary is Sakura, who works at a night club and is anything but subtle when she wants a man.
- Old Maid:
- The night-worker Sakura, neighboor and unwed mother. She desperately want a husband and starts putting the moves on Kyosuke.
- Iwasaki-sensei who's 24, fears becoming this, which is why she desperately puts her moves on Kyosuke.
- Sexless Marriage: Even though Kyosuke and Asami are officially a married couple, Asami's father forbids them to have any sexual contact until after Asami has graduated. This is particularly frustrating for both.
- Shipper on Deck:
- Asami's friends are very supportive of (what they think is) a potential hookup between their friend and her teacher.
- Iwasaki-sensei tries to set up Asami with her high school aged younger brother.
- Teacher/Student Romance:
- The entire plot of the story. Student Asami and teacher Kyosuke marry and have to keep their relationship a secret to outsiders. Hilarity Ensues in one episode when a woman who was told they were siblings spies on them and ends up getting an even worse idea.
- There's even another teacher guilty of this, Iwasaki-sensei. But it's okay—the teacher was just using him so she could feel good, she wasn't going to marry him or anything (this is exactly how it was treated in the anime.)
- Through His Stomach: Played with, in that she's already married and a traditional Japanese wife: she sort of has to cook for him. That doesn't stop her from trying to effect some reaction from him by cooking elaborate, tasty meals.