The act of wearing your freshly killed opponent's head on your own. Obviously reserved for the Ax-Crazy types, but a few Sociopathic Hero Villain Protagonists pull it off via Success Through Insanity. Two variants: Wearing the skull as a helmet, or just the skin, as a cowl/mask.
Of course, the more acceptable version uses an animal's head as a hat. Very popular among shamans.
- In Gunnm, the motorball player "Caligula" Armburst has a habit of cutting off the hands of someone from the audience and wearing them on the horns of his helmet as a good luck charm for the game.
- A Batman comic had the villain communicate with the heroes, who were stranded on the island to which a millionaire invited them, while wearing their host's face.
- The Latter Days arc of Cerebus the Aardvark contains a themed variant. Cerebus spends several issues' worth of time in the disguise of "Spore" (a parody of Spawn), and wears the skulls of two dead Cirinists on his shoulders (a take on the skull-shaped clasps of Spawn's cape).
- Garland Greene from Con Air: "One girl, I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat."
- In Warhammer 40,000, one Ork Nob miniature from the Assault On Black Reach starter set is wearing a pickelhaube with a skull impaled on it.
- Both Heracles and Ajax (The Greater, famed for dueling Hector to a draw when Achilles failed to fight) are depicted with a lion skin draped over their heads in Age of Mythology
- Several hats in Dofus are just a monster's head worn over your own, most notably the Gobball Headgear and its Royal counterpart, which even have the monster's tongue still attached.
- Fight The Horror: One of the boss enemies in the game wears a skull on its head.
- The minions in Overlord do this sometimes.
- Sydney Hunter And The Curse Of The Mayan: Some of the Mayans wear animal skulls on their heads.
- In 8-Bit Theater, Black Mage wore Red Mage's burning corpse as a hat. (Red Mage eventually got better.)
- If we allow Richard's kidney hat, we allow this Chopping Block comic.
- Used as a punchline at least once in Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Richard of Looking for Group. He also sports a dashing kidney hat. "Made with real kidney."
- Belkar of The Order of the Stick, with YokYok.
YikYik: He was a good father.
Belkar: But he made a better fashion accessory!
YikYik: I'LL KILL YOU!
- Scott demonstrates his fondness for horror in these two VG Cats strips.
- Girl Genius: An ambiguous example. After they battle off-screen, Franz the dragon is shown wearing the helmet of his opponent "Pretty Boy" as a hat; it sports a pair of horns which may or may not have originally been attached to PB's head.
- In episode 7 of There Will Be Brawl, we learn that Kirby killed Daisy and wore her head. Kirby is their equivalent of Hannibal Lecter.