Alice in Wonderland is a story about a girl named Alice who enters two dream worlds: Wonderland and the Looking Glass. It originated as two separate novels by the British writer Lewis Carroll, first published in the mid 19th century, that are usually combined into one book in re-releases.
Alice in Wonderland has become one of the most popular children's stories of all time, with a large Periphery Demographic due to its Parental Bonuses. It spawned numerous adaptations into other media, including a Disney franchise, as listed below. It's also the Trope Namer of Alice Allusion and Down the Rabbit Hole.
Alice and Wonderland and its adaptations include:
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and Through the Looking-Glass (1871), the original duology of novels written by Lewis Carroll.
- Aliss (2000), Patrick Senécal's French-language novel, set in Montréal.
- The Splintered Series (2013-2015), a Young Adult trilogy by A.G. Howard, that follows a modern-day descendant of the original Alice down the rabbit hole.
- After Alice (2015), a novel by The Wicked Years author Gregory Maguire that acts as a Lower-Deck Episode to the original book.
- Alice in Wonderland (1886)
- Wonderland: A New Alice (2009)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (2011), a ballet.
- Alice in Wonderland (1933), the first (and so far only) live-action Hollywood-produced film adapting the original stories.
- Alice in Wonderland (1949), filmed partially in live-action and partially with stop motion puppets created by Lou Bunin.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1972), a British musical film.
- Alice in Wonderland (1985), a two-part American made for TV live action movie.
- Alice (original title: Něco z Alenky) (1988), a Czech film that combines live-action and stop motion animation, directed by Jan vankmajer.
- Alice in Wonderland (1999), another made-for-TV live action/puppetry movie.
- Alice in Murderland (2010), a Slasher Movie.
- Come Away (2020), an origin story / prequel film that acts as a crossover with Peter Pan.
- Alice of Wonderland in Paris, (1966) an animated film directed by Gene Deitch.
- The New Alice in Wonderland (1966), an animated TV movie by Hanna-Barbera.
- The Care Bears: Adventure in Wonderland (1987), The third entry in the Care Bears movie trilogy. Produced by Nelvana
- Alice in Wonderland (1988), direct-to-video animated adaptation by Burbank Films Australia.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1960) complete unabridged audiobook, read and sung by Cyril Ritchard, with music by Alec Wilder and the New York Woodwind Quintetnote , including a facsimile copy of the first-edition Alice book. Through the Looking Glass followed in 1964, again read and sung by Ritchard with music by Wilder and a facsimile book. These can often be found on eBay for about $50. They have never been issued on CD.
- Alice in Wonderland: A Musical Fantasy (1965), full-cast musical audio play, with an All-Star Cast of familar British voices of the period (for example, Tommy Cooper and Bruce Forsyth as the Hatter and the March Hare), on a double LP. Never issued on CD, but a cassette version was released in 1989.
Anime and manga
- Alice in Wonderland (JP) (1983), a Japanese anime series predominantly based on the original novels.
- Miyuki-chan in Wonderland (1993-1995), a Yuri manga.
- PandoraHearts (2006-2015), a Japanese manga loosely inspired by the novels.
- Are You Alice? (20??), a Japanese franchise loosely based on the books.
- Comic Book/Snarked}} (2011-2012), a series about the adventures of The Walrus and The Carpenter.
- JAGS Wonderland (2005)
- Adventures In Wonderland A Sourcebook For OGL Roleplaying Games (2015), an adaptation for d20 System by Skirmisher Publishing.
- Wonderlands War (2021)
- American McGee's Alice (2000), the video game released by Electronic Arts.
- Alice: Madness Returns (2012), the sequel to the above.
- Heart no Kuni no Alice (2007), the Otome Game series developed by Quinrose.
- Alice Is Dead (2009), a Flash game.
Disney's Alice in Wonderland
- Alice in Wonderland (1951), the Disney animated film.
- Alice in Wonderland (2010), a live-action film directed by Tim Burton and starring Mia Wasikowska and Johnny Depp, based on the 1951 film.
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016), the sequel to the Tim Burton film directed by James Bobin.
- Alice in Wonderland (2010), the video game based on the Tim Burton movie.