- Needless to say, the part where Alice turns giant and starts crying so much she floods a room can be this, though many would consider it a funny moment solely due to the Doorknob's freaked-out reactions.
- When Alice is bullied by the flowers, her voice sounds at times as if she was going to break into tears from being humiliated by them. And it's not like one could have blamed her.
- The White Rabbit had his pocket watch destroyed by the Mad Hatter and the Hare. Not only he tried to stop them without being able to do anything, his reaction after that is geniuinely heartbreaking. And it was his unbirthday present, no less!
- Also, the poor guy (supposedly) lost his house before that because of Alice and the Dodo.
- Alice's "Very Good Advice" song (pictured above). Especially when all the Ugly Cute birds in the Tulgey Wood start crying along with her, while fading away in the process.
- The way that Kathryn Beaumont (the actor voicing Alice) delivers the line, "Someday, I'll give myself" can almost be heard as "Someday, I'll kill myself"; it might be a misheard line, but the idea that this child feels so hopeless and distraught that she would consider suicide is so heartbreaking.
- As the poor girl tells the Chesire Cat, she is so depressed she no longer cares about the White Rabbit and only wants to go back home, with the line "I want to go home!" being delivered in particularly heart-wrenching way.
Tear Jerker / Alice in Wonderland