A sequel, titled Waar 2, is set for release in 2018.
This film contains examples of:
- Action Prologue: Bravo Team rescuing some hostages.
- Big Bad: Ramal, the Psycho for Hire carrying out the terrorist attacks.
- Cop Killer: The terrorists murder nearly 200 cops in their attack.
- Event Title: Translates to "The Strike."
- Experienced Protagonist: The Hero is Major Mujtaba Rizvi, who's already a seasoned and multiple-award-winning counterintelligence agent by the film's start.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Ramal is working for the government of India.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The field leader of Bravo Team drives himself two kilometers away from everybody so the bomb in his vehicle doesn't go off.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Bravo Team is not above shooting goons in the hand and threatening their families' lives to make them talk.
- One-Word Title
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Ramal refers to Pakistanis as "Pakis," a common racial slur.
- Psycho for Hire: Ramal was a normal Serial Killer who decided to go pro and become a terrorist for hire.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Mujtaba only returns to the military so he can kill the terrorist leader who killed his family, along with dismantling his entire organization.
- Shout-Out: One character plays the opening of "Smoke on the Water" on his guitar.
- Vigilante Man: Mujtaba has spent the three years since quitting the military going around and killing various terrorists on a quest to find the one who killed his family.