- It all grinds the same, honey.Ma
Main Street Meats is a Horror Movie by Jeff Lyon.
Cherry (Morgan Boland) is a woman on her way to Las Vegas when she breaks her car down swerving off the road to avoid a cow. A tow truck drives her into town, and the locals tell her about a room above the local butcher shop, Main Street Meats.
Main Street Meats itself is run by Floyd (Steve Golla), Sis (Stacey Weber), and Neddy (Don Markus), the kids of Ma, the original owner. Sadly, since Ma's passing, the shop hasn't been doing too well. With everyone getting their meat straight from the factory, Main Street Meats's days are basically numbered. When Cherry goes to the room there, they let her stay rent-free so long as she works in the shop.
When Neddy, fed up with a customer's badmouthing the store, kills her and hides her in the freezer, the siblings get it in their heads to process her carcass and serve it as food. It quickly proves to be the most popular item they have, and they decide to get some more... which doesn't bode well for lots of people.
The film was released on August 13th, 2017.
Main Street Meats contains examples of:
- All Love Is Unrequited: Sis has a huge crush on Tommy, whom she's known since kindergarten. Despite that, however, Tommy treats each interaction with her like it's the first time he's ever seen her.
- An Arm and a Leg: The mechanic who goes to pick up Cherry's car is missing a leg.
- When chopping up the bodies, the siblings sever limbs, naturally.
- Cherry feeds Sis' hand into the meat grinder when the latter is trying to kill her.
- Ankle Drag: Neddy drags his first victim into the back of the shop by her ankles.
- Bait-and-Switch: While bringing home more meat, Neddy is pulled over by the sheriff, who asks him why he pulled him over. Neddy shakes his head, and the sheriff says... he wants to shake his hand for making such good meat.
- Blood from the Mouth: A woman has blood spurt from her mouth when Neddy impales her through the torso with gardening shears during his murder Montage.
- Cellphones Are Useless: After running her car off the road, Cherry checks her phone, and sees "No Signal" flashing on the screen.
- The Chase: Neddy chases his third victim through the woods after the latter sees him kill the Granola Girl he was with.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Floyd is killed by a train hitting him.
- The End... Or Is It?: The secret of Main Street Meats' most popular product has been exposed, Floyd's dead, Sis is in jail for trying to kill Cherry, and Cherry is finally on her way to Vegas... unaware that Neddy is hiding in the backseat.
- Eye Scream: When Sis is trying to kill Cherry, Cherry stabs her in the eye with a knife sharpener.
- Fanservice: There's a scene at the Daughter of the Sun Nature Colony of a bunch of topless women playing volleyball... before Neddy shows up and kills them.
- Flashback: A number of them happen over the course of the movie detailing the siblings' childhood with their mother.
- Granola Girl: Neddy's second victim.
- Greasy Spoon: Betty's Diner.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Everyone's collective reaction when it's revealed to the public they've been eating human meat.
- Montage: Late in the movie, there's a montage of Neddy killing people, and their corpses being fed through a meat grinder.
- Nausea Dissonance: While everyone else is barfing and running away after it's revealed that Main Street Meats has been serving people meat, one guy just looks down at his bun... and continues eating it.
- The Place: Main Street Meats, which is a butcher shop much of the plot revolves around.
- Percussive Maintenance: Tommy shows Cherry how to do her laundry at the laundromat by thumping one of the machines, which activates it.
- Rage Breaking Point: Neddy reaches his when being verbally harassed by an unsatisfied customer who states she'll be taking her business to the meat factory. When he does, he saws her head off most of the way with an electric knife.
- Rule of Three: The mechanic only responds to Cherry when she calls for him the third time. Same for Sis responding to Floyd at Main Street Meats.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: When Neddy kills his second victim, the man who was with her decides to run away, which begins a chase scene.
- The Secret of Long Pork Pies: The sibling trio working at Main Street Meats decide to start killing people and cutting up their carcasses to serve as food in their butcher shop. It quickly becomes their most popular food item, and gets them out of bankruptcy. It isn't until the meat fest at the end of the movie that everyone finds out they've been eating people meat.
- Serious Business: There's one guy in Betty's Diner who thinks the world of their hash. He goes into an angry tirade about how good he thinks the hash is whenever someone turns it down.
- Shear Menace: Neddy uses a pair of gardening shears to kill a sunbathing woman in his murder montage.
- Shovel Strike: Neddy kills his third victim by stabbing him through the face with a shovel.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Get ready to see a lot of death and murder with ill-fitting rock and country songs being played over it.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: The radio DJ Cherry listens to in the tow truck ride near the beginning of the movie drops a LOT of words that get bleeped out.
- To Be Continued: In Main Street Meats 2: Vegas Buffet, which shows at the end of the movie.
- The Voiceless: Neddy. Whether he can or chooses not to is never really discussed.
- White Gloves: Neddy's first victim is seen wearing white rubber gloves. It only seems to come up for a white glove test when she's first buying the meat.
- Yandere: Sis tries to kill Cherry in the film's climax at Main Street Meats because she doesn't like how close Cherry and Tommy have become.
- You never know how far a man will sink into the depths of human depravity.