Do you ever read fan fiction and wonder "are there crisis crossovers between fanstories, not just between the franchises involved?"
Well, you probably haven't. But if you did, then CRISIS would be the answer to your question.
Written by Thuktun Flishithy, CRISIS deals with the casts of several of his fanstories banding together to defeat the forces of evil led by none other than Darkseid. Stories crossed over include The Last Daughter (Worm and Superman), Hail to the King (Godzilla and Neon Genesis Evangelion), Worldfall (Foot Fall and World War), as well as several aborted stories.
This fic contains examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Nanothorns and variable swords cut through Space Marine armor like wet tissue paper.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lots, mainly whenever Kaiju are fighting.
- Godzilla and Gamera frequently dismember the much weaker Anteverse Kaiju when the Forces of Evil attack Monster Island.
- Before the White Woman can finish off Shinji, Superwoman pulls a Big Damn Heroes moment and knocks her away at hypersonic speed, which results in the former losing an arm.
- Barachiel has this happen twice with the same arm, almost to the point of a dark Running Gag. First, Godzilla rips it off after blasting through his shoulder with atomic breath. He Gets Better, thanks to Chaos. Then, after snidely remarking that Darkseid is afraid of Superwoman, he gets the arm blasted off again by Omega Beams. He Gets Better again.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Godzilla and Gamera against the Anteverse Kaiju.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Darkseid and the White Woman, though it's unclear if Darkseid truly consider her an equal, or simply as his Dragon.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Visser Three/The Yeerk Emperor clearly thinks that he's a key member of the Legion of Doom, but none of the others take him seriously and the Animorphs' showdown with him during the Final Battle is almost anti-climatically short.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Bjorn the Fell-Handed.
- Break Out the Museum Piece: While visiting the Earth of Worldfall, the heroes "borrow" the Thuktun Flishithy and Archangel Michael in order to have a counter against the bad guys' fleet.
- Brick Joke: When the heroes are arguing over who should be overall team leader, Bjorn votes for Godzilla, just to see how everyone will react. Later, when they're "borrowing" the Thuktun Flishity, the Fithp skeleton crew assume Godzilla must be in charge because of how much larger he is than everyone else.
- Cool Old Guy: Bjorn again, considering how he's the oldest loyal warrior of the entire Imperium, yet reasonable enough to ally with xenos in order to defeat Darkseid. Godzilla and the other kaiju also count, for a certain measure of "guy".
- Could Say It, But...: The President of Worldfall Earth's United States does this in order to suggest to the heroes that they steal the Archangel Michael and Thuktun Flishity, since he can't just hand it over to them without pissing off the other power blocs.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Godzilla vs Chaos Marines. To add insult to injury, he also thrashed a pair of Imperator-Class Titans, which are considered the most powerful land-based war machines in the entire galaxy, and horribly mauls their Primarch with a lot of help from Gamera.
- Fully Absorbed Finale: A sequence of flashbacks in chapter 3 is this for Thuktun's aborted story Gospel (a Worm/Evangelion crossover) revealing that the White Woman is none other than that story Taylor Hebert, fused with Lilith and Adam to defeat Scion, and then provoking Instrumentality in her version of Earth Bet, absorbing it into herself and then following suit in world after world. It is implied that the first world that the White Woman visited after leaving her own was canon NGE-verse just after End of Evangelion.
- Godzilla Threshold: One of the villains actually has one, and elicited by none other than the Trope Namer himself. During the attack on Monster Island in Chapter Three (or four, depending on what site),Barachiel summons the Power of Khorne, which he had resisted to do until then due to the side effects in order to even stand a chance against Godzilla.
- Megaton Punch: Done by Gamera in the form of absorbing Warpfire from Barachiel to rip his opponent in half!
- Mythology Gag: When Yama starts to tell the story of Sam with the opening lines of Lord of Light.
- Reset Button: The worlds destroyed by Darkseid's forces are restored after his final defeat.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The epilogue reveals that the Ellimist took advantage of the breakdown of the multiverse caused by the villains to spread across the worlds and finally gain more power than Crayak, who proceeds to flee to a different universe.
- Your Soul Is Mine: The White Woman eats Instrumentality, absorbing all the souls on Shinji's Earth, and has done so on numerous past occasions in order to grow even more powerful.
- Later Shinji does this to her in a bit of a role reversal, though she asked him too.