The Sailormoon Millennia Trilogy is a Sailor Moon fanfic by Janelle Jimenez, aka "Miaka Shi." The first story, Zodiac, replaces the Stars season and involves a new group of Sailor Senshi called the Zodiac Senshi. Neo is the second story and is set in Crystal Tokyo, starring the Neo Senshi, the children of the original Senshi. Finally, Genesis is a prequel set in the Silver Millennium's time period and not only deals with the lives of Princess Serenity and her court, but their mothers as well. While it is a Dead Fic as of now, it used to have quite a lot of fans that made lots of fanworks for it, including several stories about the children of the Neo Senshi. Of the three stories in the trilogy, only Neo is completely finished. The original version of Zodiac is finished, but the rewrite is not.
The three stories can be found here.
As a note, the Sailor Senshi's names are written without spaces in them in this story (ex. Sailormercury instead of Sailor Mercury) because that's how the author feels is the appropriate way to write their names.
This story provides examples of:
- An Ice Person: Sailorgemini, Neo Sailormercury and Sailorwinterstar all have ice powers.
- Blow You Away: Sailorcancer's wind powers.
- Darker and Edgier: In comparison to the original Sailor Moon series. Neo in particular kills off some of the original Senshi and focuses on Seishi Shino, the Gloomy Goth daughter of Hotaru.
- Despair Event Horizon: After the revelation that evil and darkness have to exist or goodness and light lose all meaning (and finding out her own sister hated her) Neo Sailorneptune goes insane and eventually has to be committed.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Sailorcapricorn has earthquake powers.
- Elemental RockPaperScissors: Comes into play in one chapter of Zodiac. Arseniru attacks the Senshi with fire, and Mars and Leo, who have fire powers, are especially harmed by it, while Mercury and Gemini (ice powers) are immune to it but still unable to put his fire out.
- Genki Girl: Yoake/Neo Sailorpluto and Megami/Neo Sailorneptune
- Goth: Seishi/Neo Sailorsaturn would fit the "Gloomy Goth" and "Lone Psycho" subtropes in her general behavior and interests, although she never specifically mentions identifying with the goth subculture.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Shows up a lot in the story, with some choice sentences all in Japanese because the author felt that it sounded cooler that way. All the titles for the chapters are in both Japanese and English, too. There are translations for all the Japanese used in the story, though, so as to not confuse people who are unfamiliar with the language.
- Gravity Master: Sailorvirgo has this type of ability, and it even shows up as Tenshi. She doesn't learn that her abilities are tied to gravity until near the end of the story, though.
- Green Thumb: Sailortaurus and Sailorspringstar's powers.
- HeelFace Turn: Sailorscorpio starts out as one of the villains before she joins the rest of the Zodiac Senshi.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: This is partially why Aiko Hateshinai (Minako's daughter) is such a Shrinking Violet.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Unlike the other Neo Senshi, Neo Sailoruranus and Neo Sailorneptune are not the children of their respective predecessor, being Neo Sailorvenus's cousin and Neo Sailormercury's sister respectively. Justifed though, given Haruka and Michiru never had children. Perhaps not coincidentally though, they're the only two who don't have happy endings. Neo Sailorneptune goes insane and Neo Sailoruranus loses all her memories of being a senshi.
- Making a Splash: Sailoraquarius and Neo Sailorneptune's powers.
- Maternal Death? Blame the Child: This is why Seishi is treated coldly by her father Masaya. Not only did Hotaru become bed-ridden after Seishi's birth, but she died when she passed on the Sailorsaturn powers to Seishi.
- Mind over Matter: Tenshi/Sailorvirgo thinks her Gravity Master powers are "just" telekinesis for most of the story, although to be fair, they're usually portrayed as acting no differently than telekinesis.
- Odd Name Out: Scorpia is this to the rest of the villains in Zodiac, since she isn't named after an element or a poison, and this hints at her true identity and HeelFace Turn.
- Playing with Fire: Sailorleo, Neo Sailormars, and Sailorsummerstar all have fire powers.
- Poor Communication Kills: Seishi and Ryuu both have romantic feelings for each other, but because they Cannot Spit It Out, Ryuu ends up thinking that Seishi doesn't share his feelings and ends up accepting Kasumi's offer to be his girlfriend because he thinks he needs to move on. Cue Seishi seeing them together, leading to her having a Heroic BSoD, rejecting her Senshi powers and becoming a victim of the Tau Ceti demons who have been wanting to possess her.
- Shock and Awe: Jupiter Kamen and Sailorsaggitarius have electricity-based powers.
- Taken for Granite: Solana turns several characters into statues during the fight at the end of Neo.
- Theme Naming: Many of the villains in both Zodiac and the first half of Neo are either named directly after elements or have names based off of them (and elements here refers to the periodic table of elements, not Elemental Magic).
- Triang Relations: Neo has a type 4 that turns into a type 7. At the beginning of the story, Ryuu and Seishi are in love with each other, although neither is truly aware of the other's true feelings. Kasumi, who also has romantic feelings for Ryuu, ends up in a relationship with him (he ends up having feelings for both girls and also can't bear to reject either of them) because of the reasons mentioned in Poor Communication Kills.
- Western Zodiac: The Zodiac Senshi are obviously based off of this theme.
- Wonder Twin Powers: Sailoraries and Sailorpisces are twins (though raised in different families) and they can only use their powers when they are together.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Yuurei/Sailorpisces, in contrast to her rebellious twin.