The Raven AU series (originally just Raven fan made seasons on The Force of Raven forum) is a fanfic series of Raven (the CBBC game show) written by MISCrasyaboutfanfics (known as Fangirl2292 on TV Tropes). As the name suggests, it is an AU of the show, diverging from canon after Series 10. Just like the show, 18 brave but naïve young warriors compete in groups of six to get a spot in the final week and attempt to become Ultimate Warrior. 8 volumes total were completed under the original title on The Force of Raven forum between 2017 and 2019. The fourth and eighth volumes are All-Stars/ Second Chance seasons in which past warriors return to prove they are worthy of a second chance of becoming champion. The first volume is under the current title on fanfiction.net as is the second one and the others will be revised and moved there under that same title through 2019 and beyond. More volumes are planned for TFOR with one further one completed in 2020.
There is also a side series called After the Tournament which is also in volumes and focuses on the OC Ultimate Warriors during their first years as permanent warriors in a Slice of Life series of 12 or more one shots in each volume. 5 volumes have been completed on the Force of Raven forum; more volumes are also planned of this series. The first volume is now also on fanfiction.net. As with the main series, the other volumes will also be moved there at a later date.
As the author is American, there are times when there are terms from that country used in the narration and dialogue (e.g. "hallway" rather than "corridor") when the POV is that of an American warrior.
All spoilers are unnmarked! Proceed at your own risk.
- Adaptation Expansion: As these stories do not have the twenty something minute time constraints the show does, this does happen in the Force of Raven versions of each story but is averted in the fanfiction.net versions to give the latter an Original Flavor.
- Adaptational Nationality: A variation in that unlike the original show in which all the warriors are from the U.K., these seasons also have warriors from the U.S. competing.
- Big Brother Instinct: Several warriors of both genders who are competing with a younger sibling or cousin in each volume fit this trope.
- Continuity Nod: References to past official series of Raven are made every so often such as Verko's Way of the Warrior attempt in Volume 1 being compared to Danil's attempt in Series 7 by the narration.
- Curse Cut Short: Happens to Myrves in Volume 1 on day 2 of week 1 when she accidentally spills Dragon's Blood, disappearing before the actual word is said.
- Dumb Blonde: Averted with some blonde haired warriors e.g. Myrves.
- Face Palm: Several examples of warriors doing this when they get a second question wrong in Demon Square occur throughout each volume.
- Face Your Fears: As with the source material, several warriors have to face a fear of heights (though a few others have to face a fear of water instead such as Dysel in Volume 1).
- Feud Episode: Downplayed example whenever two warriors who are related to each other have any sort of conflict, at least in the fanfiction.net versions of each volume where any arguments are off page (the arguments in question occur on page in the Force of Raven versions).
- Handwave: In the fanfiction.net version of Volume 1, Raven states that Leap of Faith is not being used as a challenge that time since the tree used for it was struck by lightning. (In real life, the writer did not have room to include it when deciding which challenges from the show to use.) The challenge does return in Volume 2.
- The Mentor: Raven as usual.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Both All Stars seasons have returning warriors who feel this way about getting to compete again.
- No Animals Were Harmed: The summary for Volume 1 on fanfiction.net parodies this phrase when it states "No demons were harmed in the making of this series much to Raven's disappointment."
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Happens several times starting in Volume 2; it usually occurs two or three times a volume.
- Original Character: all of the warriors who appear in each volume.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Fraternal twins Evlar and Hilsar in volume 1. The former is shy while the latter is outgoing.
- Sibling Rivalry: Invoked since several of the warriors in each volume are siblings who are competing (such as the above mentioned twins in Volume 1).
- Tears of Joy: Myrves has a mix of these and regular tears of sadness when she becomes Ultimate Warrior at the end of Volume 1.
- Time Skip: Volume 1 of this series takes place seven years after Series 10.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Several warriors don't look forward to facing their fears (whether of water, heights, or something else) but still try to do so anyway.
- You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!: While completing High Walk in volume 1, Myrves says this almost word for word when coming up to the seesaw on the beam.
- Air Quotes: Myrves does this with the word "normal" while asking Raven why he gave her The Talk.
- Are We There Yet?: Myrves asks this once due to being tired of traveling and because she Always Wanted to Say That. Raven replies that they will be at their campsite in a few minutes.
- Birthday Episode: Happens in most of the volumes of this series but not all of them.
- Bully Hunter: Myrves' best friend Carnam is said to be this.
- Culture Clash: Happens at least once. Raven also notes to himself in Volume 1 that this is inevitable but he is still willing to learn about his champions' homelands and cultures to try to understand them better.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Myrves mentions her siblings a few times; she has an older sister, 2 younger brothers, and 2 younger sisters, just making her family qualify for this trope.
- Narrative Profanity Filter: In the Force of Raven versions of each volume, this is used during the rare times that a character swears due to complying with that site's no profanity rule. The rare instances of swearing are uncensored in the fanfiction.net versions of each volume (which are rated T), averting the trope.
- Once Done, Never Forgotten: Myrves complains about Raven not letting her live down the fact that she almost went the wrong way during her first day on the quest. He explains that he won't let her live this down until she realizes she can not "have [her] head in the clouds" just because she wore the cloud emblem during the final week.
- Shout-Out: Two of them to Calvin and Hobbes in Volume 1.
- Sick Episode: At least one chapter of each volume has a warrior fall ill and be taken care of by Raven and the other champions.
- Soap Punishment: A few warriors get subjected to this as punishment for swearing, starting with Myrves in chapter 4 of Volume 1.
- Take That!: One is made towards Zero Tolerance policies in U.S. schools in chapter 3 of Volume 1: Myrves tries to explain them to Raven while telling a story about how a friend of hers fought a bully to get the former's (Myrves) glasses back and says such policies "[don't] make any logical sense...".
- The Talk: Raven (or an older champion) usually has to give it to one of the OC Ultimate Warriors once per volume though the actual conversation happens off page. It is awkward for everyone involved but he still feels it's necessary to avoid anyone having to learn about sex from unsavory sources. Averted whenever a champion explains to Raven that their parents already had this talk with them.
- Trying Not to Cry: Myrves when she gets news that her cousin Tanlev died during chapter 7 of Volume 1. She doesn't succeed though.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Raven tells a few of the OC warriors this several times throughout each volume.
- You're Not My Father: Averted in chapter 4 of Volume 1 when Myrves is tempted to say this to Raven when trying to point out there are worse things she could be doing than using foul language but she decides not to. It is played straight during the 8th chapter of that same volume though.