The Protean Cybernetics Corporation (ProteC) has created a technology capable of sending matter instantaneously over long distances. Unfortunately, it proves to function equally well as a Hell Gate, resulting in an Alien Invasion. Fortunately, help comes in the form of magical pastel ponies from a children's show.
It is notably different from many other fanfics in that it was released in a single day as a completed work, and the author created several pieces of Electronic Music to go along with it.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Alien Autopsy: Performed upon the Patchwork Golem and later upon a Parazombie.
- Back from the Dead: Several main characters are killed and resurrected during the Final Battle.
- Body of Bodies: The Patchwork Golem is composed of the bodies of assimilated forest animals.
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells: Magic is used to enhance human firearms in order to combat monsters from Another Dimension.
- Eldritch Abomination: H. P. Lovecraft's Shub-Niggurath features prominently in the story as the Big Bad and Final Boss.
- Gangland Driveby: A vehicle full of armed heroes comes upon an unsuspecting group of monsters, resulting in several Multiple Gunshot Deaths.
- Godzilla Threshold: Shub-Niggurath proves resistant to nearly every weapon, and must be defeated by utilizing the Nuclear Option.
- Hands-On Approach: Chris teaches Emmy to shoot.
- Hired Guns: ProteC Security, who are pretty much Private Military Contractors.
- Honest Corporate Executive: Jeffrey Peterson is a Benevolent Boss.
- Interspecies Romance: Chris and Emmy.
- Laser Blade: The "plasma blades" are openly compared to the weapons wielded by certain knights from galaxies far away.
- Mega-Corp: ProteC
- Military Mashup Machine: The Leviathan, and the Overwatch Tank.
- More Dakka: When fighting the Patchwork Golem, armored trucks come to the rescue carrying plenty of turret-mounted Gatling Good!
- Nuclear Option: Shub-Niggurath is finally defeated by a modified nuclear warhead.
- Powered Armor: Exoskeletons are utilized in combat by nearly every human.
- The Power of Rock: Subverted. An attempt to use music against Shub-Niggurath fails spectacularly.
- Railing Kill: Chris eliminates a Parazombie by kicking it over a railing.
- Suicide Attack: the Nuclear Option is invoked with understanding that it will mean a Heroic Sacrifice for all involved.
- Taking You with Me: Chris taunts Shub-Niggurath and flips the bird while invoking the suicidal Nuclear Option.
- Teleporter Accident: The disaster which sets everything into motion involves gate travel.
- Virtual Training Simulation: Extensive stretches are spent in training simulations.
- Vomit Chain Reaction: Fluttershy and Rarity have a rather chunky time.