Sophie Belinda Turner Jonas (born 21 February 1996 in Northampton) is an English actress.
She's best known for playing Lady Sansa Stark in the HBO smash hit series Game of Thrones. She also came to play a young Jean Grey in the X-Men film series. Boy George named her as his favorite choice to play him in a potential biopic, which she quickly said she'd definitely be up for.
She married musician Joe Jonas on May 1, 2019 and had two children with him, but in September of 2023 it was announced that Joe had filed for divorce, saying that their relationship was "irretrievably broken".
She's also appeared in The Jonas Brothers' music videos alongside her then sisters-in-law.
Not to be confused with the Australian model by the same name.
- Game of Thrones (2011-2019) as Sansa Stark
- The Thirteenth Tale (2013) as Adeline March and young Vida Winter
- Another Me (2013) as Fay
- Barely Lethal (2015) as Heather/Agent 84
- X-Men film series as Jean Grey
- Josie (2018) as Josie
- Survive (2020-) as Jane
- Home Movie: The Princess Bride (2020) as Westley
- Heavy (2021) as Maddie
- The Prince (2021) as Princess Charlotte
- The Staircase (2022) as Margaret Ratliffe
- Do Revenge (2022) as Erica
- Storybots Answer Time (2022) as Lady Eleanor III
Her career provides examples of:
- Dyeing for Your Art: Sophie is naturally blonde and had to dye her hair to play both Sansa and Jean Grey, who are both redheads. For a period in Seasons 4 & 5 of Game of Thrones, this went up to eleven as her character dyes her hair In-Universe - so she's a blonde, playing a redhead, who is pretending to have dark-brown/black hair.
- Fake American: She's English playing an American in Barely Lethal, X-Men: Apocalypse, Time Freak, Josie and Survive.
- Oh, Crap, There Are Fanfics of Us!: Behold, her interview with Access Hollywood. That being said, Sophie's actually cool with the pairing, if not an actual shipper.Access: Have you seen the things people put on the internet – they did it to Gendry and Arya. There's a whole group of fans obsessed with Sandor and Sansa. They gave them a super couple style combination name – ‘San-San.’Sophie: Yeah! I've had a lot of Tweets about that – ‘Oh, what's happening with ‘San-San’?’ And I didn't know what it was, so I Googled it and up pops all these kind of forums and things and I'm like, ‘What is this?’ I think I'm kind of aware of the massive amount of fans that want something to happen between Sansa and Sandor.
- Toilet Humor: When asked what would it take for Sansa to laugh, she replied that a fart would because she thinks that's always funny. She has also admitted to farting in between takes.