Another Me is a 2013 film by Isabel Coixet, based off a novel by Catherine MacPhail.
It stars Sophie Turner as Fay, a teenage girl whose life is suddenly turned upside down as her father (Rhys Ifans) is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and she discovers that her mother is having an affair. When classmates tell her that she has been in place where she has not, Fay becomes convinced she is being stalked by an identical twin.
Tropes that appear in this film:
- Alpha Bitch: Monica.
- And I Must Scream: Fay's fate.
- Cool Teacher: John, the drama teacher.
- Distinctive Appearances: Fay is noted for her long and beautiful red hair.
- Downer Ending: Lila takes over Fay's body, and Fay's soul is stuck in a mirror.
- Driven by Envy: Monica is jealous of Fay's beauty and her getting the lead role in the play.
- Extreme Doormat: Fay is a shy doormat for much of the film but gradually becomes more outspoken.
- Fate Worse than Death: Fay loses her body to Lila and her soul is trapped.
- Grand Theft Me: The ending, as Lila takes Fay's body, leaving Fay's soul trapped in a mirror.
- I Just Want to Be You: Lila with Fay, quite literally.
- Monica dyes her hair to look like Fay.
- Important Haircut: Fay cuts her hair to make herself different from the twin.
- Killed Offscreen: Fay's father falls to his death offscreen in an elevator.
- Obliviously Beautiful: Fay is afraid to talk to Drew even though she is the most beautiful girl in the school.
- Red Right Hand: Fay cuts one of her hands to differentiate herself from the twin. When Lila takes over Fay's body at the end of the film, the scar is gone.