Kelly Macdonald (born 23 February 1976) is a Scottish actor. She's married to Dougie Payne, bassist of the rock band Travis, and they have two children. They separated in 2017.
Work with pages on TV Tropes
- No Country for Old Men as Carla Jean Moss
- Trainspotting and T2 Trainspotting as Diane
- Gosford Park as Mary
- State of Play as Della Smith
- Finding Neverland as Peter Pan
- Nanny McPhee as Evangeline
- Choke as Paige
- Boardwalk Empire as Margaret
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as Helena Ravenclaw
- Brave and Ralph Breaks the Internet as Merida
- Anna Karenina as Dolly
- Black Mirror: Hated in the Nation as Karin Parke
- Goodbye Christopher Robin as Olive
- Holmes & Watson as Mrs Hudson
- Giri/Haji as Sarah
- Line of Duty as Jo Davison
Kelly Macdonald and her works provide examples of:
- Creator Backlash: She regrets doing the nudity in Trainspotting, and says she won't do explicit fanservice in films these days.
- Dawson Casting: Her first role in Trainspotting has her playing a fifteen-year-old. She was nineteen at the time. But it's justified as Renton mistakes her for an adult. And obviously she was well into her thirties when voicing the teenage Merida in Brave.
- Fake American: Her Texan accent in No Country for Old Men was so convincing that a number of people were surprised to find out she's actually Scottish.
- Fake Brit: She gives Helena Ravenclaw an English accent in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ironic because the source material implies that the character's mother was Scottish.
- Fake Irish: She played Irish characters in Intermission, Boardwalk Empire and 24.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Towards the end of the film Choke, she was two months pregnant with her first son.