Kelly Macdonald (born February 23, 1976) is a Scottish actress, best known as Carla Jean Moss in No Country for Old Men, Diane in Trainspotting and its sequel T2 Trainspotting, and Margaret in Boardwalk Empire, as well as such movies as Finding Neverland, Nanny McPhee, Choke, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, Gosford Park and Brave.
She's married to Dougie Payne, bassist of the rock band Travis.
Kelly Macdonald and her works provide examples of:
- Creator Backlash: She regrets doing the nudity in Trainspotting, and says she won't do explicit Fanservice in films these days.
- Dawson Casting: Her first role in Trainspotting has her playing a fifteen-year-old. She was nineteen at the time. But it's justified as Renton mistakes her for an adult. And obviously she was well into her thirties when voicing the teenage Merida in Brave.
- Fake American: Her Texan accent in No Country for Old Men was so convincing that a number of people were surprised to find out she's actually Scottish.
- Fake Brit: She gives Helena Ravenclaw an English accent in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ironic because the source material implies that the character's mother was Scottish.
- Fake Irish: In Intermission and Boardwalk Empire.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Towards the end of the film Choke, she was two months pregnant with her first son.