Garrett Hedlund (born September 3, 1984 in Roseau, Minnesota) is an American actor from Minnesota. Although he has not yet played in more than eight movies (while On the Road is still filming), he has worked with big stars. He first starred as Patroclus in Troy with Brad Pitt, then with Billy Bob Thornton in Friday Night Lights, Mark Wahlberg in Four Brothers and moved on to films like Eragon, Georgia Rule, TRON: Legacy, Country Strong and Triple Frontier.
His acting skills have enabled him to play a broad variety of characters; the little brother, the bad guy, the mysterious newcomer and plain college boys.
- A - Dies.
- B - Plays a normal character that, during the progress of the film, might get worse treatment than others before receiving a happy ending.
- C - Plays an abused character that might or might not get a happy ending, but at least gets a great moment at the end to show everyone else that he wasn't all that bad.
- Big Brother Instinct: In Death Sentence, and is the recipient of this trope in Four Brothers.
- Blessed with Suck: As stated above, his characters are mostly guilty of this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In Death Sentence. All he does, is for the sake of his brother.
- Smoking Is Cool: In almost all of his films, most prominently in Four Brothers and Death Sentence. Slightly subverted, as he is rarely seen smoking off-screen.